Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Danoc Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:04 pm
If what's done is done, how do you go about getting disk streaming if it wasn't applied in the beginning?
:smoker:

Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:There’s no point for me to tether the MPC’s to a PC...Bought it for standalone use only..Users that want power they should choose the PC route..
It seems that the potential of these machines made all of us users very feature hungry!That’s the truth!Also there’s no point to speak about more RAM and such..What’s done has been done and the only thing that matters now is what can be done with the available resources and the available resources are screaming for Disk Streaming so that the RAM can be freed up for other purposes (HQ FX/Warping/Synths etc.)
By Danoc Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:14 pm
I wonder if Akai said they would work on PDC.
By Caustic Yoda Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:46 pm
Hahah yes, it would be amazing if akai could do the basics. and before they spam us with more hype over a plugin or something
By Danoc Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:15 pm
2019 quote of the year :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Caustic Yoda wrote:Hahah yes, it would be amazing if akai could do the basics.
Bymember04959388 Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:43 pm
Caustic Yoda wrote:Hahah yes, it would be amazing if akai could do the basics. and before they spam us with more hype over a plugin or something

Ah ah.
Yes, post of the year.
By machinesworking Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:08 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Disk Streaming does allow more tracks, however this Akai Pro Disk Streaming topic has been talked about for over 2 years. Depending on the coding, but I do not think incorporate disk streaming in the MPC LIve/X is a simple task.

I assume they would have to rethink the entire way the MPC manages all the process. Also what will happens when people load legacy projects into the MPC LIVE/X. Also what port will they allocate for disk streaming? Internal Drive, USB, SD Card and then comes the task of testing and recommended reliable storage cards/SSD.

If disk streaming does come, people will be happy until they aren't. However, if I was Akai PRO that would be something for the MKII or I would just say, if you want to load that many tracks/effects. USE OUR SOFTWARE DAW and tether the LIVE/X to a Laptop or Desktop.

One of the main guys from AKAIs MPC department has been commenting on the Gearslutz forums about how disk streaming is at the top of their list for features to implement for 2019. You guys sent me down so many rabbit holes trying to defend myself because I mentioned this is the solution I haven't even had time to mention that. :lol:

I would not even be surprised if the obvious software update that will happen when this APC is released includes disc streaming.

AFA ports allocated for disk streaming, that's not how it works on your desktop, no reason to somehow force the Linux OS underneath the MPC software our MPCs are running on to make that choice, any audio file you play back or record could be streamed. Hopefully people are mostly using SSDs mounted inside the unit though, and we don't get too many complaints because people used a 5400rpm HD that hiccups every time people really bang on the pads! or the fact that thumb drives are slow as molasses.
Bymember04959388 Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:20 pm
machinesworking wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:Disk Streaming does allow more tracks, however this Akai Pro Disk Streaming topic has been talked about for over 2 years. Depending on the coding, but I do not think incorporate disk streaming in the MPC LIve/X is a simple task.

I assume they would have to rethink the entire way the MPC manages all the process. Also what will happens when people load legacy projects into the MPC LIVE/X. Also what port will they allocate for disk streaming? Internal Drive, USB, SD Card and then comes the task of testing and recommended reliable storage cards/SSD.

If disk streaming does come, people will be happy until they aren't. However, if I was Akai PRO that would be something for the MKII or I would just say, if you want to load that many tracks/effects. USE OUR SOFTWARE DAW and tether the LIVE/X to a Laptop or Desktop.

One of the main guys from AKAIs MPC department has been commenting on the Gearslutz forums about how disk streaming is at the top of their list for features to implement for 2019. You guys sent me down so many rabbit holes trying to defend myself because I mentioned this is the solution I haven't even had time to mention that. :lol:

I would not even be surprised if the obvious software update that will happen when this APC is released includes disc streaming.

AFA ports allocated for disk streaming, that's not how it works on your desktop, no reason to somehow force the Linux OS underneath the MPC software our MPCs are running on to make that choice, any audio file you play back or record could be streamed. Hopefully people are mostly using SSDs mounted inside the unit though, and we don't get too many complaints because people used a 5400rpm HD that hiccups every time people really bang on the pads! or the fact that thumb drives are slow as molasses.

You think disk streaming will not work properly with an ordinary 512gb hard disk?
WTF, do I have to unmount my HD and put an SSD?
By machinesworking Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:26 pm
Danoc wrote:You're doing the most book writing. But lm the bully :WTF:

DISK STREAMING IS NOT THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING AND ITS NOT ABOUT YOU ITS ABOUT WHAT OTHERS WANT!

Where in the hell did l say ram is for higher track counts? Show me!
I said:
1. Give us more audio tracks 128
2. Give us more than 2gb ram
IN STANDALONE MODE!
Why would l admit to something l didn't do?

Danoc wrote:Our New MPC's should give us at least 128 audio tracks, ain't no dam way 2gb ram going to handle that.

You might have not meant to write it that way, but there's no other way to take what you wrote. You flatly connect high track count to RAM in that freaking sentence.

Danoc wrote:If what's done is done, how do you go about getting disk streaming if it wasn't applied in the beginning?
:smoker:

We're getting disc streaming in an upcoming update, I never even got that far to where I could say that because you were attacking it as a solution. So yeah, like I said, in the code, the MPC is just running Linux, it's only not able to stream from disc because AKAI never implemented it.
By machinesworking Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:33 pm
Frisbi wrote:You think disk streaming will not work properly with an ordinary 512gb hard disk?

I don't know, but I do know that HDs are far more susceptible to motion, they can glitch, dropout if they're subject to vibration. So if you have it mounted inside your MPC and you're banging on the pads that just seems like issues to me. SSDs are really not too expensive anymore, I would't take the risk personally. It's not an issue when everything is loaded into RAM, but if things are streaming from disc, and you have a PA system vibrating everything...
By Lampdog Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:06 pm
Pad banging and PA system banging will not hurt a hard drive.
You will need to abuse the hdd more than that to adversely affect it.

Drop it on a tile floor at 3ft.
Tap it with any hammer.
Throw it across the room at a wall.

Yes, I have done all this.
Bymember04959388 Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:23 pm
machinesworking wrote:
Frisbi wrote:You think disk streaming will not work properly with an ordinary 512gb hard disk?

I don't know, but I do know that HDs are far more susceptible to motion, they can glitch, dropout if they're subject to vibration. So if you have it mounted inside your MPC and you're banging on the pads that just seems like issues to me. SSDs are really not too expensive anymore, I would't take the risk personally. It's not an issue when everything is loaded into RAM, but if things are streaming from disc, and you have a PA system vibrating everything...

What if I keep my internal HD and connect an external SSD with usb just for streaming?
Possible?
Bymember04959388 Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:50 pm
Lampdog wrote:Possible on a machine that's not out yet?

You tell me.

Mpc Live my friend.
We are talking about disk streaming coming soon for Mpc as Dan said on GS today