Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:23 pm
The real questions are:

Where can I buy fat pad for this? :mrgreen:
How many Youtube Unboxing Video will there be? :lol:
How many accounts made in 2009, with 10 post, will be around next week? :nod:
How many people are online now, looking for coupons? :?
How many people checking their credit card limits? :shock:
How many people mad that Akai Pro Youtube comments are disabled. :lol:

By CharlesRandolph Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:52 pm
kaydigi wrote:[
I didn't hear the severe artifacting during his real-time stretch, but he didn't go 10BPM's higher or lower in each direction. That's really getting me excited about it.

Have to see how it works in real production situations. Things I want to see.

How does it interface with software daw?
How does switching from standalone to controller work?
How long it takes to turn on, load a project and get started?
How well does MIDI works?
Does it support, MMC, MTC, and MIDI CLOCK?
Can it send MIDI over USB?
How the Ethernet port works with other gear?
What file formats does it read?
What are the sample rates it support?

They mention: (2) RCA inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair, phono- or line-level) however on the back I do not see any RCA.
By machinesworking Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:02 pm
I think the one thing that people are looking for is a kind of integrated ecosystem that's open enough for the user to choose what they buy and fit into their workflow.

Imagine if you will a world where AKAI made one DAW like product called MPC software. You could use any of their hardware devices to seamlessly integrate with that software, ones like Force also included their own surface based version, that integrated with Live and X. You could also use other AKAI MIDI controllers to extend access to parts of the software that weren't covered by these surface/ipad hardware controllers.

Just my opinion of course, but VIP, MPC2 for Live and X, and the version of MPC2 they're using for Force should all integrate perfectly. What I feel like is going to happen is AKAI is going to chase whatever of the three is money, and leave the other two to fester, which is going to create angry customers when VIP for instance is as half baked three years from now as it is today, and they drop the Advance line because it wasn't making them money.... yet if they had integrated it into this ecosystem it would.

Bezo wrote:
Eyalc wrote:...I’d still like to see an MPC brain with 49, 61 or 88 keys. Deliver the MPC experience in various form factors - pads or keys. And each can control the other - and the software. You know, like an ecosystem. I’d be all in on the keys version for sure.

But not to be off topic. Not interested in Force, but for some I can imagine it’s pretty cool.
What I had assumed before looking into the Advance keyboards, similar to Native Instruments. Missed opportunity IMO because I doubt you and I would be the only ones using that combo. I went with a Komplete Kontrol because I use a lot of Native Instrument / NKS VSTs, and there's just enough pre-mapping wiht MPC software to make it a smooth combo.

Not at all interest in the Force either other than how it relates to the Live.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:11 pm
Ironic because we were saying the same things here: :hmmm:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=187695&start=15

machinesworking wrote:I think the one thing that people are looking for is a kind of integrated ecosystem that's open enough for the user to choose what they buy and fit into their workflow.

Imagine if you will a world where AKAI made one DAW like product called MPC software. You could use any of their hardware devices to seamlessly integrate with that software, ones like Force also included their own surface based version, that integrated with Live and X. You could also use other AKAI MIDI controllers to extend access to parts of the software that weren't covered by these surface/ipad hardware controllers.

Just my opinion of course, but VIP, MPC2 for Live and X, and the version of MPC2 they're using for Force should all integrate perfectly. What I feel like is going to happen is AKAI is going to chase whatever of the three is money, and leave the other two to fester, which is going to create angry customers when VIP for instance is as half baked three years from now as it is today, and they drop the Advance line because it wasn't making them money.... yet if they had integrated it into this ecosystem it would.
By Danoc Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:23 pm
Thanks for the info

MPC-Tutor wrote:
Danoc wrote:In the Live/X I would like to see Air effects and instruments , loom, xpand etc, all of them :-)

Dan said that there's no room left for sample heavy synths, but in the future they might be able to offer the Force's 'Hype' synth for MPC peeps with a SATA drive installed.
By machinesworking Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:02 am
I think bean counters ruin everything. You see all these companies, NI, Ableton, Arturia, AKAI etc. etc. they come out with this thing that "looks" like an ecosystem, then the bean counters put a nix on the last 20% of work that takes half the time, that IMO would make all of us end users into True Believers™ into cult like followers. Bean counters see a small initial return on investment, and you get VIP and Maschine Jam stagnating, Ableton not doing much of anything, etc. etc. The company that comes out and really does integrate their product line into a working ecosystem without major WTF moments, is going to become huge!

CharlesRandolph wrote:Ironic because we were saying the same things here: :hmmm:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=187695&start=15

machinesworking wrote:I think the one thing that people are looking for is a kind of integrated ecosystem that's open enough for the user to choose what they buy and fit into their workflow.

By CFM01 Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:06 am
I still not sure what I think about this? Certain things I like, does far more than push, but... I want to get rid of my laptop not start connecting a laptop and other stuff to it. If you need something else then it’s not the all encompassing environment.
Last edited by CFM01 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:18 am
I knew Akai would bring something between the X/Live but not looking like that. Those that get it hope you're happy.
By Danoc Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:25 am
OMG LOL CTFU :lol: :lol: :lol:

CharlesRandolph wrote:The real questions are:

Where can I buy fat pad for this? :mrgreen:
How many Youtube Unboxing Video will there be? :lol:
How many accounts made in 2009, with 10 post, will be around next week? :nod:
How many people are online now, looking for coupons? :?
How many people checking their credit card limits? :shock:
How many people mad that Akai Pro Youtube comments are disabled. :lol:

By Danoc Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:28 am
Tutor, Dan said there's no room on the MPCs right? Is that because of ram ?
By NearTao Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:00 am
Danoc wrote:Tutor, Dan said there's no room on the MPCs right? Is that because of ram ?

I thought it was because internal storage was kind of tight... but you can only go so far with 2gb...
By Danoc Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:21 am
Oh l know you can go so far wirh only 2gb ram. That's why l asked Tutor was it because of ram.

NearTao wrote:
I thought it was because internal storage was kind of tight... but you can only go so far with 2gb...
By machinesworking Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:40 am
^^^ Dan was saying it's because there's not enough room on the internal 16GB SSD for the MPCs for Hype.
So Hype has a pretty large sample set that's installed on the eMMC on Force, but MPC uses that space right now, so it will require Hype to be installed separately, and most likely, you'll have to have a SATA drive installed for the samples / waveforms / wavetables etc etc. That's not a 2.4 thing, but a later thing.

So it's coming but people who don't have an internal SSD will want to get one when it hits. :smoker:
By CharlesRandolph Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:08 am
Danoc wrote:Oh l know you can go so far wirh only 2gb ram. That's why l asked Tutor was it because of ram.

There are people who swapping the Internal SD card for a faster/larger card. Here's the thread.
https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=185937

Since the SOC is the same inside the MPC X/LIVE and Force. Putting in a bigger card should be the same. It appears that all a person must do, is copy the old content over to the new card, and put it inside the live.