MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:27 am
jeff lick wrote:This is true. At least there is a workaround of sorts. Still could have done better. Perhaps in a future release.

Yes, but the work around, works for any MIDI controller/vst plug in. AKAI Pro has all the pieces to make a complete system but the gear is not fully integrated with each other.

MPC X + ADVANCE KEYBOARDS + (FUTURE MIXER CONTROLLER/INTERFACE) + MPC 2.0 DAW SOFTWARE = FULL SYSTEM. All they need to do is fully integrate them together. Nothing to setup, just plug and play.
By Eyalc Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:39 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:AKAI Pro has all the pieces to make a complete system but the gear is not fully integrated with each other.

MPC X + ADVANCE KEYBOARDS + (FUTURE MIXER CONTROLLER/INTERFACE) + MPC 2.0 DAW SOFTWARE = FULL SYSTEM. All they need to do is fully integrate them together. Nothing to setup, just plug and play.

Yep, but as we’ve seen, they don’t think this way unfortunately. The fact you have to use midi learn to do this shows that it’s just following standard midi protocols, as if the MPC and Advance are 3rd party to each other.

If I were them I’d release an updated version of Advance that runs the MPC software standalone, or can plug as a controller to the MPC Live / X or desktop version (hopeful that’s what FORCE is). Full integration - no midi learn.

But I agree, it was just silly for them not to include full integration between the Advance line and the MPC platform. Would be encouraging to see them move in that direction.
By jeff lick Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:53 pm
So the Advance in fact is not needed? I can midi learn a much better key bed. In fact my Montage has DAW control now into Ableton and Protools. So I am not sure I want that Kronos after all? The Montage may very well sound better than the Chronos with FM+AWM. The pianos at least. It does not have a sequencer but I am not that lazy.

The issue with Synths is you run out of polyphony, With a computer you are only limited to the hardware. I am running I9 extreme/64GB. 2TB SSD and 14TB platter. So I have way more computing power than a synth. Softsynths a few hundred GB vs Yamaha a few hundred MB! Of course it is not that simple but still run out of polyphony. Having the Montage I am not sure I need to go blow a hole in my pocket for different sounds. They are on par with Krono's.

If it is just going to be midi learn I already have a standalone/software solution according to Akai? The MPC X standalone does not crossover to the DAW. I cannot be mad at Akai. As I said earlier everything leaves us wanting something. Coming from the Ren I am not thoroughly impressed yet. I do not think I will sell off the MPC X. Possibly the Advance. Since at the very least there are better key beds. Quite frankly I would use my E-Piano is much better than anything. If I feel I need hardware/software in one box which right now is fruitless IMO I can use the Montage then.

Akai screwed up yet again. Perhaps on purpose but it is still very decent. I honestly find the standalone useless though. I am all in software. Since live days are mostly behind me. I am just not sure if the X was a waste of money for me? Could have just gotten touch! Yes, the screen and Q-links. Wouldn't miss them though.