MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lozzieben Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:35 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Lozzieben wrote:
Thats interesting. You say you used a "midi patch bay" to make a device which only has midi omni reception, behave as if it has midi multi mode?

Can you please explain further?

The MIDI patch bay solved my issues. As far as your issues, I not sure. I was awaiting for you to share, how you solved them. Please share.

Perhaps we have misunderstood each other. To clarify: are we both discussing the specific "issue" of the lack of midi multimode reception? If so, then I am not aware of any solution as yet.
Which is why I am interested to know more about the solution you claimed to have involving a "midi patch bay".

Apologies if I have misunderstood, but can you please clarify if you have managed to get the Live/X to respond in midi multimode, and if so how?
By CharlesRandolph Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:49 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:FWIW this functionality has been available on every MPC iteration I've owned beginning with the MPC 2k. I only say this because I'm seeing posts suggesting it's been an issue in the past and it hasn't.

So you’re able to record multiple Midi.

On the 4000 you can play MIDI, Keygroups and Drum programs on the same track using MULTI and parts out. However playing two tracks, from two different MIDI keyboards going into MIDI A AND B. I don't know how? Any ideas of how to get that to work?
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:51 pm
Lozzieben wrote:Perhaps we have misunderstood each other. To clarify: are we both discussing the specific "issue" of the lack of midi multimode reception? If so, then I am not aware of any solution as yet.
Which is why I am interested to know more about the solution you claimed to have involving a "midi patch bay".

Apologies if I have misunderstood, but can you please clarify if you have managed to get the Live/X to respond in midi multimode, and if so how?

I see where we missed each other. I did not mention the two MPCs in that post. :lol: Only way I found is using multiple MPC, a patchbay, and a separate sequencer via hardware or software. If I'm understanding you. You want to select multi MPC MIDI tracks, then play or record them at the same time.

or

MIDI KEYBOARD 1 to MIDI IN A = PLAY BASS
MIDI KEYBOARD 2 to MIDI IN B = PLAY PIANO

This way you can have two people, playing different sounds from one device.

Are we in the same ball park?
By hellnegative Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:54 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Lozzieben wrote:Perhaps we have misunderstood each other. To clarify: are we both discussing the specific "issue" of the lack of midi multimode reception? If so, then I am not aware of any solution as yet.

I see where we missed each other. I did not mention the two MPCs in that post. :lol: Only way I found is using multiple MPC, a patchbay, and a separate sequencer via hardware or software. If I'm understanding you. You want to select multi MPC MIDI tracks, then play or record them at the same time.

or

This is exactly what I want to do.
By Lozzieben Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:17 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:

or

Apologies, perhaps I assumed it was self explanatory that we would be discussing problems/solutions specifically with regards to the Live/X because this forum is titled: "MPC X & MPC Live
MPC X & MPC Live Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X & MPC Live, Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.".

So just to be clear, your first solution involves using more than one MPC hardware unit, an external sequencer, as well as the midi patch bay?

And your second solution requires a device other than the Live/X?
By CharlesRandolph Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:38 am
Lozzieben wrote:
Apologies, perhaps I assumed it was self explanatory that we would be discussing problems/solutions specifically with regards to the Live/X because this forum is titled: "MPC X & MPC Live
MPC X & MPC Live Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X & MPC Live, Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.".

So just to be clear, your first solution involves using more than one MPC hardware unit, an external sequencer, as well as the midi patch bay?

Why so condescending? If you want to talk shop, we can talk. If you want to measure manhoods, leave me out of it.
By Lozzieben Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:11 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Lozzieben wrote:

Why so condescending? If you want to talk shop, we can talk. If you want to measure manhoods, leave me out of it.

I really don't know what you are getting at. I am genuinely trying to understand what it is you are trying to say about the subject of this thread, and in general. I have no intention of being "condescending". Apologies if it came across that way.
By JeriKo Jackson Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:18 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
JeriKo Jackson wrote:FWIW this functionality has been available on every MPC iteration I've owned beginning with the MPC 2k. I only say this because I'm seeing posts suggesting it's been an issue in the past and it hasn't.

So you’re able to record multiple Midi.

On the 4000 you can play MIDI, Keygroups and Drum programs on the same track using MULTI and parts out. However playing two tracks, from two different MIDI keyboards going into MIDI A AND B. I don't know how? Any ideas of how to get that to work?

I'm not familiar enough with the 4K though I would assume it is possible, but maybe tutor will chime in. The 1k and 2500 in the MIDI menu there are options which allow you to set how the unit recieves MIDI input and though it's been a while since I used the 2000 models, I remember them behaving the same way. The options basically allow you to switch between how the units behave now OR receive on multiple channels simultaneously. Like many others, I was schocked the new ones didn't have this implemented. It's why so many ppl have been basically spamming this feature request because it was assumed to be standard.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:22 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:I'm not familiar enough with the 4K though I would assume it is possible, but maybe tutor will chime in. The 1k and 2500 in the MIDI menu there are options which allow you to set how the unit recieves MIDI input and though it's been a while since I used the 2000 models, I remember them behaving the same way.

The options basically allow you to switch between how the units behave now OR receive on multiple channels simultaneously. Like many others, I was schocked the new ones didn't have this implemented. It's why so many ppl have been basically spamming this feature request because it was assumed to be standard.

Is that apart of the JJOS? As I know, no other MPC can record to multiple tracks at once, however playing back multiple tracks at once, they can. (Please correct this, if it's inaccurate.) Before, there wasn't really a point to doing this. However, with all the sounds they are putting into the MPC LIVE/X, it should function as a full multimbral sound module.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:57 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=140961&start=15
Check this old thread

Thanks you for the information. Read the thread and it all over the place as far as what works 100%. I've never used JJOS, does it functions the same way as the MPC 5000 Manual stated. I wonder why they left, it out of MPC LIVE/X?

https://i.ibb.co/0XMq99v/Screenshot-201 ... uct-77.png

Elektrobolt wrote:Go to akaipro.com and open the manual for MPC 5000. It clearly has a section explaining how to enable the 5k as a multi timbral sound module. I don't know if the link will work, page 203: https://www.akaipro.com/amfile/file/dow ... roduct/77/

I may just have to get a 5000 for that. Thank you!!
By BrunoZ Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:06 pm
Just to add to that thread, I think a minimal feature set that could solve it would be to have an Assigned Midi In Port (None / 1 / 2 / USB + BT devices list), Assigned Midi In Channel (all / 1-16) for each track, plus a global hardware option that would be Route All Midi In to Track in Focus (checked / unchecked), as the current behavior is not always welcome (say you want to play and record a HW synth and play drums from pads at same time, you don't want your HW synth to trigger the drums too).
I think that we could do everything with that.
By ATCX Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:32 pm
Somehow, it seems strange that MPC Live / X is without the proper support of Multitimbral Midi IN. Actually all the antique sampler is a functional multimbral midi in. (Akai old, Ensonic Eps, 16+, ASR, E-Emax, Ultra, Pre etc). Now, in the 2000s, Akai's sampler does not have this feature. Somehow amusing that some do not understand what the problem is.

Take an example of a slightly bigger system where Akai is just the source of sound that is controlled by bigger and better seq.
Suppose you need the following real time:

Midi Port (Akai MPC) 1:
Midi Ch1 Lead
Midi Ch 2 Bass1
Midi Ch 3 Bass2
Midi CH 4 Percus set 1
Midi CH 5 Percus set 2
Midi CH 6 Percus set 3
etc.

Midi port 2
Midi CH 1 Modular 1
Midi Ch 2 Modular 2
etc ...

Midi Port 3 - 8
etc ...

Akai MPC / X is unable to do the basic thing the sampler has done since the 90s.

The point is that Akai has promised to fix it, but nothing has happened. It's been too much time.
In fact, when I bought MPC Live I was already returning the device, but the seller said that the repair is coming. There are many who are dissatisfied with the situation. The Akai operating model already fulfills the characteristics of a scam. In any case, they have sold the device and themselves admitted the problem and promised to fix the problem. They took the money, but didn't fix the problem. When you ask about it, there is no sensible answer. It would be pretty easy to say that we promise to fix version 2.X but not. Is it that they don't fix the problem?