MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:52 pm
Danoc wrote:Nice :nod: Is it water proof? :?:

So000..... you copy the name of the bag, go to the official website that pops up.
Read the specs.
By Danoc Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:21 am
inflict3 wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :fku:

:WTF: I am not carrying my live in a bag that look like a pair of balls!
By Lampdog Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:56 pm
Yeah, I'll invite peeps to the crib but not if your sporting that bag.
Gotta let you know before you even leave your house to visit me.
By Danoc Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:45 pm
:WTF: :Sigh: :Sigh: :Sigh: :WTF: :shock: Just noticed there are hairs coming out the bag, wtf? Perverted people in this world!
By Lampdog Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:24 pm
distortedtekno wrote:The yam bag. :lol:

I have a whole diff meaning for YAMS tho.
This aint that.
By inflict3 Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:47 am
Hahahhahahahahaha... y’all killin me over here..
By Monotremata Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:48 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Try this one: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=193017

Damn. Thats a good idea! I found a pretty cool Solo backpack/briefcase thing (I think it was called the Duane?) on one of the Facebook MPC groups but I like the idea of a case that can actually take a beating and not destroy my favorite toy in the world hah. I can customize that shit too and get just what I need in there to take with me!
By CharlesRandolph Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:44 pm
Monotremata wrote:Damn. Thats a good idea! I found a pretty cool Solo backpack/briefcase thing (I think it was called the Duane?) on one of the Facebook MPC groups but I like the idea of a case that can actually take a beating and not destroy my favorite toy in the world hah. I can customize that **** too and get just what I need in there to take with me!

With better pad inserts, it can really work well.
By misterflibble Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:09 pm
misterflibble wrote:@manwithsampler thanks for posting the link to that Thomann backpack, you saved my life. I had a M-Audio gig bag for an old Oxygen-8 midi controller that I didn’t think I needed any more, and donated it to a thrift store like an idiot. I forgot I’d given it away, and went looking for the bag in my garage after I got my MPC and was so disappointed. The M-Audio branded bag isn’t available any longer and the closest thing I’d found was the Ultimate Producer bag which is about $250.

That Thomann bag looks identical to the M-Audio branded bag. What I always liked about that bag was that it’s rigid even when it has nothing in it. The nylon is really sturdy and it has loads of room in it. Thanks again for posting the link.

UPDATE:
about five months into owning that Thomann bag, the top handle ripped off. I emailed Thomann support for a replacement, and they told me that the bag only had a 90-day warranty. Considering that with shipping the bag was $65+ this was pretty annoying. I replaced it with a UDG Ultimate bag and it is much better made. It's much more expensive too, but I will be floored if this bag ever gets ruined. It's like a military-grade build with really thick nylon. Loads of room for my MPC Live with a Decksaver on while in the bag, plus my laptop, MPKmini mkii, Nintendo Switch, Anker USB power pack, and all my cables and doodads. Skip the Thomann and get this one if you can. https://www.udggear.com/udg-ultimate-ba ... nge-inside
By Zack Zerox Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:37 pm
I bought a Namba Studio backpack in 2012, wanting something hefty that would fit my Mpk25(first gen) and laptop, plus cables etc. I still use it now, the Live + other stuff easily fits it.

Its a great & well-designed bag, really solid, adaptable, and comfortable, but I was shocked to see how the price has gone up in 9 years - $160 now vs £90 I paid. (Could just be a UK thing though, as we gradually wind our way back to the middle ages.)

But there may be better deals around.

https://www.nambagear.com/