MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By lobit Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:49 am
1: be able to go to the selected track from track mutes page (shift + track) then main screen is set to that track
this is a JJOS thing.

2: be able to customize your effects list, disable the effects you dont like or use so they don't show up on the
list.

3: an easy and safe way to remove factory content if desired.

4: looper mode, be able to easily send a recorded loop to a track (with a trigger event generated for you)

5: have access to 'warp' in instrument programs. possibly more warp algorithms too.

6: some kind of simple clips per track implementation on midi tracks. so one can program different variations
of snare, hihat patterns or fill in patterns on a given track and switch between them. without having to
create a bunch of tracks using the same program for variations. possibly a window
accessible from the main and mute screens that would give you say 16 variations on a track. and then of
course being able to jam with the parts and record the order as either sequence or automation data

7: portamento

8: cycle erase - 'all notes' also a JJOS thing.
By 40Beatz Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:51 pm
Basically we're Requesting Features that will be inside the NEXT Model MPC. Its A Wrap for the Current Models lol.

Hopefully Im Wrong!
By ritec Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:00 pm
I would like to request a way to optimize a whole project as far as sample usage goes. It would be nice to be able to Purge all the samples not used in any of the sequences in the project from the programs you have loaded.

I believe currently you can only Purge samples if they do not belong to a program, but it would be nice to delete ALL the samples that are not being used.
Bymember04959388 Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:34 pm
Easy reordering of tracks on a sequence and of effects on effects slots.
Not so difficult, isn't it?
By mr_debauch Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:50 pm
oh yeah, that is something i would like too... move up and move down for the effects.

not sure 100% what the solution is, but it would be cool to have some shortcuts in the grid edit piano roll screen... you click in notes with the pencil, but you want to select a couple of notes... would be nice not having to click a tool and click back.. if the pencil worked, but while holding a button it changes to select or some kind of workflow improvements in there would be nice. Not 100% what i would like to see... but something.
Bymember04959388 Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:15 pm
mr_debauch wrote:oh yeah, that is something i would like too... move up and move down for the effects.

not sure 100% what the solution is, but it would be cool to have some shortcuts in the grid edit piano roll screen... you click in notes with the pencil, but you want to select a couple of notes... would be nice not having to click a tool and click back.. if the pencil worked, but while holding a button it changes to select or some kind of workflow improvements in there would be nice. Not 100% what i would like to see... but something.

Why not just a simple swap option?
You hold the effect slot, move it up and the other one goes down.
Very easy to do.
And same for tracks on sequence.
You move the track to another track from track view on main page and the tracks swap.
I really think this just needs a very easy coding.
By TheDoctor Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:20 am
More modulation destination for drum/key program with bipolar depth control. Free running lfo, not just retrig. Extra mod slot and the ability to modulate the modulator. TubeSynth has nice modulation option, something like that could be nice.

At least basic lfo shape for the step sequencer automation(who decided a square is much more useful than a sine?)

Ability to use class complaint audio interface or at least have 2 version from Akai, I'm fine with it I just need more I/O. Even with the X if I use outboard reverb and delay in stereo I don't have any input left, same for output it's impossible mix on a console directly from the MPC, I have to bounce or use in controller mode and feed back with my audio interface.

Rearrange tracks but more important fx. On the touchscreen hold and drag on the X/Live shift +/- combo. There's not reason for fine tuning on +/- it should always be fine tuning.

Reorganisation of the various layout. The qlink are usually vertical with fx but then other tab are horizontally. It doesn't make sense, they should be vertical for the Live/One and horizontally for the X.
Add a better representation for the Qlink window, in the main screen is impossible to understand what they do. Multiple Qlink window with a number instead of the Q will be easy to read.

I would like 1 UI. I personally prefer the Air plugin look, I hate analog looking plugin(with screw.... Screw on a SCREEN?), the knob orientation and the varioua shading make it really unpleasant and hard for the eye. The Air fx/plugin look nice and clean and they fit the digital look. Where I think they should work is the entire UI, I don't mind the colour but program edit looks crap! I suggest a mixer view like the Force but instead of opening that ugly window for the fx we should simply be able to tap on the channel and select the instrument. One tap select, double tap open.
By mr_debauch Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:38 am
i was fine with the way the fx edit screens looked before they added the graphical image to them... they should have added a DB meter on the ones that are missing them. Someone suggested getting an outboard DB or VU meter... what a laugh. I would rather not know what the levels are at than to do that.
By TheDoctor Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:55 am
mr_debauch wrote:i was fine with the way the fx edit screens looked before they added the graphical image to them... they should have added a DB meter on the ones that are missing them. Someone suggested getting an outboard DB or VU meter... what a laugh. I would rather not know what the levels are at than to do that.

Yeah but whatever they decide at least they make it similar. It's nice when a device has one interface.
They could easily add on the top right corner. But honestly I have DB and VU meter, they're always handy because you can easily check your level precisely. They also look nice :lol:
By Unreallystic Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:54 pm
I wasn't aware this was a thing until last night when it hit me on the Akai Force, but apparently its synonymous with all current Akai standalones, I can't record Audio Tracks when something else is the Master Clock. This is *on purpose* apparently, well I need an override as it defaces the value of my Force. Apparently there is a work around by using Ableton Link, but that introduces additional headaches, and puts me BACK to a computer. Honestly, if I can't get it working tonight through Ableton Link...something is leaving my studio and being replaced by a Boss Loopstation or SP-404.
- Unreall
By hellnegative Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:54 pm
I use a plethora of hardware in my setup. Memorizing CC numbers is great. However, it would be way easier if we could simply rename the CC's on the MPC Live, One, X, and Force. Then reorganize them.

Another idea would be start with a blank page, click a "+" symbol to add. Then set the CC value sent and rename that knob with the ability to place it on a grid.

Scrolling through all of the pages to record automation is a headache currently.
By hellnegative Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:37 am
Rename pads on Drum Kits. Currently Pads are displayed as Bank-Pad# (A01, B03, C12, etcetera). This is also how they are displayed on the Pad Mixer. Being able to rename pads would make it easier during the mixdown process. Need to adjust the level of Closed Hi Hat 3? Oh, there it is. As opposed to, darn it... which pad was closed hi hat 3 on again?
By wavejockey Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:24 pm
ritec wrote:I would like to request a way to optimize a whole project as far as sample usage goes. It would be nice to be able to Purge all the samples not used in any of the sequences in the project from the programs you have loaded.

I believe currently you can only Purge samples if they do not belong to a program, but it would be nice to delete ALL the samples that are not being used.

if this exists on the software, then why not in the HW ??
requested but not implemented yet

https://getsatisfaction.com/akai_profes ... sounds-etc
https://getsatisfaction.com/akai_profes ... great-help