MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:18 am
Jawbrizza wrote:are akai actually active on here?

No they're not. They might read things once in awhile and since they cant do their own job seem to love sending people here for 'support' but no, they dont participate, never have, and don't have anything to do with the site aside from the fact that its a bunch of MPC heads.
By Jawbrizza Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:08 pm
Monotremata wrote:
Jawbrizza wrote:are akai actually active on here?

No they're not. They might read things once in awhile and since they cant do their own job seem to love sending people here for 'support' but no, they dont participate, never have, and don't have anything to do with the site aside from the fact that its a bunch of MPC heads.

figures I’m not surprised. I wonder if the feature request in the software actually goes anywhere or if it’s just a feel good wastebin :hmmm:
By THA-REAPER Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:25 pm
Just simple file and folder transfers would be nice.

Right now I have to put files on a SD card from my laptop.

Then go down to my desktop and other MPC turn that on to put it in controller mode.

Then transfer the files from the SD Card to the SSD once they pop up.

If there was a way to pop the SD card in and copy your files and folders from the SD Card to the SSD drive that you installed into the MPC without any use of the PC that would be great.

I mostly use standalone. It wouldn't be so tedious.

For me it's that I have 3 MPC's, I just want my stuff to load up for whatever one I'm using in the given situation. For others it could be yo finish the rest of that beat...okay give me the files...I'll have to get back to my computer first. Then that turns into zipping and emailing lol. Then to unzipping and the other person going into controller mode to transfer.

We have Bluetooth, but that would be a disaster for .wav because it's slow even for .mp3 files on mobile devices using Bluetooth 5.0

But we have wifi built in on the Live and X and it's only used for splice and updates...could almost live without it if we don't use splice. A simple user friendly network adhoc link would save time.

Even a double sided cable you set one to send and the other to receive files and folders if you want to link two MPC's for transfer.
By 40Beatz Mon May 02, 2022 8:57 pm
Ability to Move Tracks and FX/Slots
By icestorm1024 Mon May 09, 2022 3:17 pm
- Add a Guitar Amp Effect and A Bass Effect On The Audio Channel (Record Audio Dry)
- In Drum Programs, In Mode Option Add In Option Sample Play : Loop Mode (One Press To Start and Looping, Second Press To Stop)
You Can Play Looping Sample With The Drum Rack In Live Performance
By kday Thu May 12, 2022 10:28 pm
I wish Akai would add these below for the MPC Software
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Load Midi files into individual tracks.

2. Automatic play option for sounds in Hard drive browser.

3. Delete all Programs at once.

4. Track select being upfront and above the play Pads in software like it is on MPC X hardware, instead of being tucked away to the left corner in MPC software.

5. A Rewind and fast Forward button to add to the Play button in the MPC software.

6. Ability to add shortcut buttons for your five most favorite functions above the Play Pads.

7. Select All Notes option to be added into the EDIT page with copy, cut, paste, etc.

8. Delete whole Track button option upfront on page to shortcut the menu dig process, and having to go through many different steps to delete a whole track I don't want.
By artemusprime Mon May 16, 2022 5:05 pm
Ability to select inputs and outputs independently when using an external audio interface. I do like using the built in speaker on the Live MK2 when just messing around but would like to use an external usb audio interface for plugging the guitar in or using a mic.
Just seen a preview for 2.11, wondering how good would the amp sim be. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tj4gOIqe90
By Max10 Wed May 18, 2022 1:30 pm
A chord designer please. I’m still holding on to my Roland mc707 for this very feature alone. Creating midi chord “progressions” and bringing them in is not fun when you’re not a theory guru. and a bit of a hassle.

I often find myself changing progressions style to use a borrowed chord here or there bc the progression I’m in isn’t doing it for me. Again not a huge hassle but not immediate

The chord designer feature!Having scales menu, inversions menu, and basic chord ex: 1-2-4-7
1-3-5
1-3-5-7
And being able to hit something to preview the sound, and assign them to pads in a chord designer menu would be so welcome. Way more immediate and helps us non theory gurus get to a feeling faster and work more intuitively than designing a midi chord pack on computer or downloading one and bringing it in or being caught up by the limitations of the pad perform mode (which is still an awesome feature)

:popcorn: :popcorn:
By boomyak Sun May 22, 2022 5:46 am
1) A Midi/Audio hybrid track type. I use an external synthesizer, I want to just load up a track and have it work without hassle, recording my midi notes, and the audio played.

2) I want to be able to route sends to a submix directly. I have 4x stereo external sends (guitar pedals) which work great with an Audio Interface. However, when bringing the signal back into the Force, I need to assign an audio track for each return, which eats up 4x of my 8x total audio tracks. It would be nice to put them into a submix that only uses one audio track.
By bmurray Sun May 22, 2022 7:05 pm
Hi - I'm brand new to MPC (Live 2), total noob here, but really love it so far. I'm mainly a guitar player and have a few feature requests (or maybe they exist, but I haven't figured it out yet). If these are already there I'd appreciate a steer from you all.

1. More MMC Control Inputs - so that the MPC can function with a USB footswitch and act like a guitar looper "pedal" - mainly I think this means overdub would need to have an MMC code that works. Also, next track and previous track selection would be great. I believe play and stop are covered already, but just a few more would make the MPC incredibly (that much more) useful to guitarists.

2. Some sort of bulk transfer to DAWs - like Export AAF files that could include all the audio, midi, song data, etc. for when it's time for final tracking, mixing and mastering.

Thanks - I'm looking forward to exploring these forums!