MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ceeprm Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:46 pm
Hi

I already posted this in another thread but in the event anyone from Akai reads this here goes:

Some ideas to improve the sequencer:

The ability to easily reorder sequences (and tracks). Such a simple thing but would massively speed up work flow.

Allowing tracks to have lengths longer than the master sequence length and then allowing you to set different start points- ie track 1 starts bar 1 but track 2 on bar 3 etc... Also being able to loop different sections of tracks too.

Having a second sequence option (like the mpc 1000 jjos2xl) to play two sequences at the same time.

Not strictly the sequencer but having the audio tracks integrated (like plugins, drum programs etc) on the main page would be great!

cheers

Phil
By doctortweek Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:53 pm
Yes, please let us re-arrange sequences (outside of song mode). This bit me today as I had 4 good sequence parts but then wanted to make copies and add/subtract elements. Now I have a mess where the intro is at Sequence 12. LOL. There are other altered copies scattered all over the place. I have named everything, so that assembling in the song mode will be OK - but whilst composing I don't want to be having to jump around in play order... I just want to go Seq 1-12 in the order I want.

I realise I can just copy and paste, delete and such - but it is a real pain. 2023 Akai. :)
By Golembeats Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:26 pm
Hi All, new guy here. I've searched the manual, youtube, and here. Admittedly I don't subscribe to all the usual sites but I think I've done enough due diligence on the following.

The only option for changing track length within a sequence as far as I can tell is in terms of beats but it would be great if it was in terms of steps. If the grid is set at 16th notes, then it would be cool to be able to make a track, say, 7/16ths and have it loop independently of sequence length to create polyrhythms. That's the main feature I miss about my Elektron boxes.

Am I missing something? Is it obvious? Am I dufus (probably)? If it can be done, please fill me in! Thanks
By karadetito Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:57 am
I would like to make some suggestions for improving the versatility of the mpc software. I come from the mpc 1000 using JJOS2XL and now i am using the new mpc one +. I find the next sequence modes very limited compared to the JJOS2XL. I would like to have this improvements:

- Possibility to latch sudden mode.

- Sudden quantization. If you could select a TC quantization for sudden mode (or use the general quantization), it could replace next bar (with 1 bar quantization) or use no quantization (as it is right now) or select 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, etc which would improve jamming on the mpc using next sequence mode.

- Sudden mode. It would be great if you could choose a sudden configuration as you can on the mpc 1000. You could choose "Inmediately start" (it is the current mode in mpc software) or "Inmediately" wich keeps the current bar possition. For instance, if you select this mode and press sudden in bar 3 from a 4 bar sequence to another sequence it would start on bar 3 not from the start. If the destination sequence is shorter (ie 2 bar) it would start at the end of bar 1 (3%2=1)
By keithinsanfran Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:29 am
Here are my dream add-ons:

- Favorites carry from standalone to desktop (unavailable show gray)
- Freeze sequence with and without FX including tail from desktop to standalone auto - so any tracks you cannot modify or play or still work fully but you cannot change them
- Loop lead-up and tailing support (so in playback mode you can make sure there's some level of lead up or tail always
- Show the currently played chord with modifiers and support # or b notation in the top menu
- Ability to use screens on the iPad real-time
- Remove unused Programs (like samples)
- Remove unused tracks
- Ability to filter favorites by plugin
By A.N.Shelley Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:34 am
I am not demanding any complicated functions, but only the basic functions that can be done with a professional sequencer.

It is essential, Akai MPC X to be highly modernized to include basic needs such as:
1,Sequence start and stop with only one footswitch feature. ( now in 2.12 os we should have to use two foot switch seperately;one for start and another for stop.)
2,programme copy to an empty one feature.
3, On Song mode, song copy to an empty song feature.
By A.N.Shelley Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:28 pm
I am an lucky owner of Akai MPC X. I was bought this with every hard-earned penny with high hopes. The fact is that, it doesn't work for me right now for my style of use.
I'm not talking about big things. Big ambitions are also not shared. Only basic facilities are required with a professional sampler/sequancer that is:

1,Sequence start and stop with only one footswitch feature. ( till now (in 2.12 os)we should have to use two foot switch seperately;one for start and another for stop.)
2,programme copy to an empty one feature.
3, On Song mode, song copy to an empty song feature.
By trocol Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:27 pm
Golembeats wrote:Hi All, new guy here. I've searched the manual, youtube, and here. Admittedly I don't subscribe to all the usual sites but I think I've done enough due diligence on the following.

The only option for changing track length within a sequence as far as I can tell is in terms of beats but it would be great if it was in terms of steps. If the grid is set at 16th notes, then it would be cool to be able to make a track, say, 7/16ths and have it loop independently of sequence length to create polyrhythms. That's the main feature I miss about my Elektron boxes.

Am I missing something? Is it obvious? Am I dufus (probably)? If it can be done, please fill me in! Thanks

That is a feature that we are waiting from a long time. As you say in terms of beats you can do it but not in steps like 3/16 or 9/16, etc

Many today machines do this actually such Rolands, Korgs and Elektrons. Hope they implement this soon in order to create nice polyrythms
By Komatos Records Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:15 pm
I don’t understand your Start/Stop with one foot switch question. You just have to set your foot switch options to what you want it to do. I only have one foot switch, I have my settings set to “START/STOP”. The first time you hit the foot switch, it starts playing. Press it again, it stops. Press it a third time, it continues playing where it last left off from.
By A.N.Shelley Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:54 am
Komatos Records wrote:I don’t understand your Start/Stop with one foot switch question. You just have to set your foot switch options to what you want it to do. I only have one foot switch, I have my settings set to “START/STOP”. The first time you hit the foot switch, it starts playing. Press it again, it stops. Press it a third time, it continues playing where it last left off from.

ok sir, i just want to start playing from the beginning while the third time hit also.
that is :
first time hit = Play Starts from the beginning.
second time hit = play stops wherever it is left.
Third time hit =Play Starts from the beginning.
in short: START/STOP needed.
not PLAY START/STOP

Thank you
By Komatos Records Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:59 pm
Aha I get what you’re trying to accomplish. I’ll have to check my MPC X’s foot switch options to see if one of them can do what you want. There’s plenty of choices for each foot switch, and I only tried the first one that suited my needs. I’ll try to check tonight after I get home from work. Or perhaps Lampdog or another MPC X owner that also uses a TS foot switch can confirm whether what you want is possible.
By Komatos Records Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:06 am
Just got done doing my tests (at midnight EDT, no less. Busy day). You’re right, there’s no way with only 1 foot switch to accomplish what you’re seeking. Only workaround I see is having 2 foot switches, the first one set to Play/Stop, like I normally do. The second foot switch needs to be set to Play Start, like the button on the Transport control area. Press FS1 to start the sequence, let it play until you are ready to stop, press FS1 again to stop. When you are ready to start over from bar 1:1 of the sequence, press FS2.