MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By aj2005 Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:43 pm
MPC X FOOTSWITCH MISSING OPTION

" PLAY START / PLAY STOP "

TO START AND STOP A SEQUENCE WITH ONE TAP OF THE FOOTHSWITCH

WHY WOULDNT THEY HAVE THIS OPTION ? SERIOUSLY ???

TO TRICK IT INTO THAT OPTION I AM USING TWO HOSA Y CABLE SPLITTERS AND CONNECTING EACH END INTO FS 1 & FS 2

IN PREFERENCES GO TO HARDWARE SET UP AND ASSIGN. FS 1 to START. FS 2. to STOP

WHAT A WASTE OF A FOOTSWITCH INPUT !

HOW HARD CAN THAT BE TO MAKE A START / STOP. OPTION ? COME ON !

aj2005
By jongrover Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:48 pm
Zack Zerox wrote:Nice idea.

I'd add 'enable audio recording when Live is slaved to external clock'. Currently you can't use the looper/sampler (or I guess audio tracks) to record in that state.

Agree 100! Upvote! Please:
1. Allow audio tracks to be recorded when MPC is slaved to external clock.
2. Allow recording audio in overdub mode when MPC is already playing.
3. Allow audio to be muted via pads from the MUTES screen.
By A.N.Shelley Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:27 pm
A.N.Shelley wrote:in Akai 2500 JJos 3.14 onwards there is the function which one i mentioned. i think we should pay to JJ Team for getting that function in MPC X in future.

There is a saying in our country. There is money to buy an elephant. But there is no money to be chained. Akais matter is as said.
By polysci Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:04 pm
UI request:
In Sample Edit Mode on the hardware, if you are on the second page/tab and want to return to the first page, the sweet spot for the < is impossibly tiny. I usually get no action, followed by hitting "FROM BPM" or the quick link sidebar (sometimes even TUNE). The Doctor says my fingers are "average" size... :wink:
By chrishonmusic Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:49 am
Feature Request: Plugin-level MIDI mapping for synth controllers.

I have a desktop synth I don't really use anymore (Modal Skulpt SE) but would like to use as a controller for synths. Arturia plugins have plugin-level "Configs" that allow you to save a set of mappings for the plugin, which means that anytime I pull up Arturia's Jun-6, I know the cutoff knob on my Skulpt will control the cutoff for the selected instance of Jun-6 without having to do any additional mapping. This allows for knob-per-function control of Arturia's synths, which feels super intuitive once set up. It would be awesome if Akai/Air plugins had the same functionality; while the GUI and Q-links are pretty good, there is still a lot of paging and tabbing that just isn't quite as satisfying as having a controller with dedicated controls for standard synth parameters. The Akai/Air synths (especially Jura) are really getting to a point where they sound really good, so it would be nice to have professional-grade control options to match!
By Kyl3Wyld Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:39 pm
Not sure if either of these have been suggested.

Select/copy/paste automation values.

Re-organize the order of the tracks in track view and re-organize the order of the sequences/tracks/programs in the selection. Menus for each. (But for the track selection menu Im guessing is arranged in the same order that the track view order is, which is based on the order in which you have created tracks obviously)
By Kyl3Wyld Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:43 am
Ok. How about some more?

Event markers in the midi grid, like in Ableton.

A straight line, bezier curves, and sine wave tools to write in automation in the automation lane.

How about instead of having baked in plugins in the plug-in instruments like there is with tubesynth, you have insert slots where we can choose what we want to add instead? And say you were to constrain the list of plugins available to slot in there to help manage cpu useage, well, at least we have some options.

I saw someone mention that it would be great to get a pro version of Hype where us users were given the freedom to load in wavetables, and our own samples, and I absolutely agree. I also would like to see some changes/additions that are extremely nice from serum and vital.

I want to be able to add harmonics like in serum,

The fact that there's no phase alignment controls between the two oscillators? That one I actually am perplexed that it's not in there seeing how tubesynth has it, of octave selectors either, or key tracking.

The filter/amp page is so terribly laid out. So the filter and amp envelope have controls both in the same module, and then there's a module after the envelope controls that are for both? Because it's not actually even labeled seeing how they are both envelopes, and she were on this page it would be nice if you took another cue from serum and vital and pigments and adopted their envelope concepts where you can create your own envelope shapes.

I honestly find the layout of most of the instruments pretty poorly laid out.i understand that the idea was for the q link knobs along with the page indicator correlate 1:1 with the columns on screen, but a lot of pages seem like there's no sense of signal flow or real psychological based ux planning.

I know it look as if I'm trash talking, but I actually really enjoy using the machine overall. I just have one real complaint.

Why do so many of the bass patches have reverb on them? :shock:
By kazakore Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:00 pm
It is me or has the expanded Pad Perform functionality missed an extremely useful and obvious place it should funtion?

Expanded Pad Perform
You can now easily open and use Pad Perform from Main
Mode and other modes where the pads play notes.

Although you can't play notes from the Step Sequencer surely you should be able to select them to enter following the pattern of Pad Perform, not having it locked to Chromatic. It lets you enter and edit the Pad Perform window from there but it makes no difference to availability of notes.

Could kinda have been seen as a feature oversight and thus bug worthy but since that quote is from 2.8 I guess enough time has passed to think of it as a feature request (while scratching your head at how it could have not been implemented in so long....)
By kazakore Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:28 pm
Also: In Grid View when Pad Mode is on the Pad Buttons still jump to the position as if the pads were Chromatic. This would be useable if you could still use all the pads but the upper end are locked out as they have no notes assigned. Would be nice if it jumped to the base note in the selected pad, taking Pad Perform settings into consideration.
By Skynet Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:48 pm
Long time akai sampler user and I’m really interested in the mpc x. However from using the mpc beats I noticed that the lfo modulation is limited which I would like to use for filtering bass samples

So I would love to see some extra control, on the lfo modulation like “phase, delay start, + & - amount”. Also have two lfos would be great.

Is this something that can be added?

Cheers!
By Skynet Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:25 am
Yes it is lacking for my needs for sure. It also need a 2nd filter. Akai stopped this on the 6000 and it was something that made me sell my 6000, plus the sound of the 6000 wasn’t as good as previous machines.

The thing is akai have done well with all the connectivity and performance, but the software modulation and filters could really use an update. In todays digital software this should be rather easy to implement and is rather lacking. I guess they don’t really focus on the MPC as sampler so much and still in the drum machine mind set.

I would buy the X in a heart beat if it was more driven towards a sampling machine powerhouse.

Maybe I’m missing something?
By mrmarbury Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:10 pm
I really miss a „chase long notes“ feature like in Studio one. Where on midi notes you don’t have to wait until the next midi start/stop is sent listening to a bunch of silence in the meantime. But it triggers the midi note no matter where you start playing it back