MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By DanielWiklander Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:28 am
Uniform look and feel to the GUI, including the AIR fx. Special looking graphics is usually something you have to create on top of a simple template when building apps. Why was there need to even import metallic looking skins and whatnot when porting the AIR fx to the MPC OS?

And bigger knobs on the AIR fx. If there are only three parameters visible on screen, there's no need for them not to cover the screen.
By K. Rah Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:22 am
Hello, I think the firmware is just about as good as it gets, but it would be nice to have these couple of things:

1. Similar to the COPY function, I would like to have a function where you can choose 2 pads and have the option of trading places with each other (settings included without flattening), similar to the DEL+REC function on the SP404. So often I build a drum kit only to realize that the finger drumming is awkward because I've placed the pads in the wrong order...

2. I would like to see a file size (in MB) in the browser, maybe to the right side next to the sample name. Sometimes you have many versions of the same source, but you must listen all the way through on the preview to see how long the recorded sample is.
By vwkountz Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:39 pm
2.7 update suggestion for the MPC Live for ease of use:

On the main screen when you unhide the track mixer I noticed features/functions on the right are hidden.
When you are in a Plugin program or Midi program track you will notice their features/functions are still available and collapse with screen when the track channel mixer is opened from the main screen.

Example:

Plugiin Program collapses the MIDI CH, Plugin and Present which allow up access with less menu diving
Midi Program collapses the Midi Port, Program Channel and Midi Channel with less menu diving, as well.

My is suggestion is to carry over these features/functions to the following:

1. Drum programs by adding Warp samples, assign samples and edit (it can be Icons only) in the same way
2. Plugin programs add a edit pen like you have for audio plugins to open the plugin edit screen on 3rd party plugins on desktop and program edit screen for standalone and add pad perform
3. Keygroup programs add edit sample and pad perform

Great 2.6 update Akai and continue to set the bar for new standalone products
Bymember04959388 Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:25 pm
Mpc is shouting for a granular effect!!!!!
There are all the features to make a good one.
Reference: MI clouds and RP particle .

Or at least a granular synth where you can load your own sample.
Reference: Tasty chips GR1

Then as caustic yoda said, a hold/latch for samples and the possibility to loop a sample without quantize to bpm, free from the grid.
By lih Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:33 pm
I’d love to be able to mix and edit across a whole song anywhere, like in a daw. something both Maschine and mpc need badly. at least with Maschine you’re not trapped in song mode, so you can move around and mix but you are still trapped in those blocks when it comes to sequencing. sure it works but it’s very restrictive
By QuickStrike Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:25 pm
My top future requests. No particular order

1. Portamento!

3. Timing correct & click: I would nice for this future to be put back to traditional location ( lower left hand corner) . F1, F2 soft keys. By using the shift f key

The remedy to MIDI/audio can be shift F1,F2

4. Auto select: When picking plugins sounds there is no Auto select like on Renaissance GUI. 
"This Major useful especially for the new stand-alone plugins"

5. Cursor (center button) select: 
Have it to behave like the Renaissance window key. One can shortcut quick edits. 

6. Gridview: using the pencil, erase and select should all allow You to two finger zoom in or out.
Three finger scroll left right up and down.

7. Load recent : add a load recent tab inside of standalone next to new peject. For once a project has been loaded

8. Option to use mouse in standalone gui. 

9. Browser: Optional waveform view that can show/hide left hand side. 
"Good for view long samples to see their content and decide if one wants to load it.

10. Song mode needs explode tracks. 
"This future was in previous versions of mpc software"

11. Option to erase all tracks.

12. Main button should be able to close all screens of controller and standalone gui.

13. Main button can show/hide effects /mixer settings from main screen. from main view by clicking main button once.

14. Qlink track volume: Option to change track levels (volume) using qlinks

last but not least please Akai!, please get rid of the red bar at the top of the gui screen.
By Monotremata Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:29 pm
Dan kinda touched on the Pencil/Gridview thing.. Apparently they cant use gestures like that because of Apple and Google or something. They both have it all patented, not sure if Akai got denied or just didnt want to pay to license it, but yeah they cant use the whole pinch to zoom or three finger swiping thanks to those guys somehow.
By 40Beatz Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:32 pm
QuickStrike wrote:My top future requests. No particular order

1. Portamento!

3. Timing correct & click: I would nice for this future to be put back to traditional location ( lower left hand corner) . F1, F2 soft keys. By using the shift f key

4. Auto select: When picking plugins sounds there is no Auto select like on Renaissance GUI. 

Have it to behave like the Renaissance window key. One can shortcut quick edits. 

6. Gridview: using the pencil, erase and select should all allow You to two finger zoom in or out.

7. Load recent : add a load recent tab inside of standalone next to new peject. For once a project has been loaded

"Good for view long samples to see their content and decide if one wants to load it.

12. Main button should be able to close all screens of controller and standalone gui.

13. Main button can show/hide effects /mixer settings from main screen. from main view by clicking main button once.

last but not least please Akai!, please get rid of the red bar at the top of the gui screen.

Good Requests!
But what happen to Number Two? :lol:
By vwkountz Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:35 pm
Monotremata wrote:Dan kinda touched on the Pencil/Gridview thing.. Apparently they cant use gestures like that because of Apple and Google or something. They both have it all patented, not sure if Akai got denied or just didnt want to pay to license it, but yeah they cant use the whole pinch to zoom or three finger swiping thanks to those guys somehow.

:WTF: Apple the pencil toolshould be a Universal icon :evil:
By QuickStrike Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:37 pm
40Beatz wrote:
QuickStrike wrote:My top future requests. No particular order

1. Portamento!

Good Requests!
But what happen to Number Two? :lol:

He got fixed in recent update lol