MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By djst Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:31 pm
Monotremata wrote:
djst wrote:- Move the channel strip fx out to the Channel Mixer to make it more of an integrated part of the mixer rather than an insert fx. It deserves to always be present.

The inserts ARE in the mixer. Select a track and look at the left hand side of the screen, they're right there. There are also effect slots in the program itself, which you have to go into Program Edit to mess with, but the track/channel inserts are available on every track right in the mixer.

I think you misunderstood me. I mean the channel strip insert fx that adds EQ, compression and I low pass filter. These things should be added to the channel mixer a la SSL mixer style.
By artemusprime Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:10 pm
Hi forum. I'm an MPC Live 2 user. Currently I can't use the MPC as a Master MIDI clock source.
I would like an option in the MIDI/Sync settings for a non-decimal MIDI clock out per port A and B.
The reason I'm asking for this is that some of my gear does not like receiving decimal point clock as it's jittery.
I've tried all of the different MTC Frame Rate settings under Midi/Sync with no luck.
If I send a non-decimal clock from another piece of gear as a master clock, in this case a Roland JU-06A, to every other piece of gear I have, everything is rock solid.
Another strange thing is that if I slave my MPC Live 2 to a clock source on MIDI In Port 1 and use the Midi Out Port A as an output, whatever MPC does to the incoming clock source makes it unstable and jittery once again at the output. You'd think that the external clock would be unaffected by the MPC but it's not the case. It must do some processing and conversion somehow, under the hood.
The only way to make everything work for me is to split an external, non-decimal clock source (let's say precisely 120BPM for example) into the MPC and to my other gear. It's not ideal as the MPC also picks up MIDI notes from the JU-06A when it's slaved on any selected track. So if I have a sequence playing on the JU-06A, and there's a drum program selected on the MPC, I hear drum hits. I tried disabling the MIDI input port of the program itself but that didn't work. It seems I can't separate the clock source only from the JU-06A without it triggering notes on the MPC.
I would really like to use the MPC as the Master clock in my setup, as it's supposed to be a master hardware sequencer for all the gear.
By Straker Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:01 pm
I wish Akai puts audio tracks and looper as tracks to choose between drums, keygroups, plugins etc.
So we could use audio tracks and looper in track mute mode and we could use inserts and sends on looper.
By 40Beatz Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:25 pm
Re-Ordering Tracks and FX Slots
By Ultros Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:48 pm
40Beatz wrote:Re-Ordering Tracks and FX Slots

right?! atm i have to do the same thing i do with arrays in programming..

tempholder = a,
a = b,
b = c,
c = d,
d = tempholder.

Then delete/destruct the tempholder and if im not shifting them all one track away it can get kinda confusing and elaborate. lots of undo pressing heh. being able to swap lanes would be nice..

I produce most of my tracks 4 tracks * 4 sequences so i can bounce them out to clips and smash it up but if I'm not mindful of whats in track 1,2,3 and 4 i can mislable stuff easily. when that happens it'd be nice to just drag/drop to reorder it from the track window.
By YakirBT Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:37 am
Hi all,
I'm using MPC Live in standalone mode.
Q links - I would like to be able to assign one knob to multiple destinations. (the Akai Force does that in "Macros").

Thank you.
By David Moreno Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:09 pm
I wish the various MPCs had RTP MIDI support. This way connecting to many network connected gear would be much easier.

RTP MIDI is very high speed and just connecting via a standard network switch can give inmmediate access to all MIDI on several computers or modules.

I know Akai has it's own network midi implementation, but its not standard and thus difficult to use (for example I use Linux on my computer, but same problem if you use iOS, which has built in RTPMIDI).

Disclaimer: I did am open source RTP MIDI implementation for Linux (rtpmidid), which I have connected via a raspberry pi with USB OTG to share and connect MIDI... and man... this is great! Can send all my midi to and from the computer, several synths connected. Sometimes I just turn on my synths and Jam without computer, but when I feel like keeping the MIDI data, just turn on computer and its there available. Full MIDI freedom.
By ANTIKLVN Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:22 am
To be able to select notes in grid without touching the screen - MPCX

To be able to get in grid mode faster without touching the screen or pushing multiple buttons - MPCX
By djst Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:02 pm
Maybe too much to ask for, but I'd love to see per-layer LFOs on keygroups. It would effectively turn the powerful sampling engine into a real synth.
By artemusprime Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:41 pm
I wish the "yellow box integration of Q-Links when you tap on the touch screen" was consistent across everything. The plugins react to that instantly. For example, when you tap somewhere in the plugin, a yellow box appears around the four parameters that can be adjusted and the Q-Links switch bank automatically. However, it is not consistent as the drum programs and the keygroup programs require you to press the Q-Link button, and the yellow box shifts manually. The inconsistencies in UI make it frustrating because you have to be conscious of whether the "yellow box" will shift automatically when you tap somewhere on the screen or you have to use the "Q-Link" button. I think the hardware is absolutely amazing and there's nothing like it. Just want the software to work consistently across the different applications.
By artemusprime Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:54 pm
I also wish for some sort of tool-tips within anything in standalone. I know I could consult the manual but it would be easier if something popped up explaining what a certain parameter does on the MPC itself. Maybe a "shift+tap on screen" action. For example, it was very difficult for me to figure out what the Hype synth's parameters do. I didn't think it was easy to figure out. Some effects are the same, I don't know what the parameters do.
By artemusprime Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:12 pm
Some other requests/thoughts for me are:
1. Separation of the X and Y- axes pinch-to-zoom gestures in the Midi editor. I don't find it comfortable zooming into both the X and Y-axes at the same time. Something has to be done about the UI. Maybe a selectable axis in the tool bar.
2. Automatic tool selection in the Midi editor. The switching between different functions such as, selection, zooming, drawing and erasing is frustrating. I always forget to switch the tool back and mess up something easily. Reminds me of Logic. I am an Ableton user, so tools switch automatically depending on where you point at. Could be the same on MPC, depending on where you tap on, the tool switches automatically. That would increase productivity! Duplicating Midi event should also be made easier, I thought the Copy button will work but I think it only works for copying pads from one to another.
3. I wish the Undo button had a history option as well, I never know how far it might undo something. Maybe "press and hold Undo for events history" would be nice to have.
4. Automation should be easier. Sometimes things mute/unmute themselves because I forgot to de-press the Overdub button and went into track mutes! I usually shut off the machine after that as it is nearly impossible to revert back. The List-Edit is confusing as well.
By artemusprime Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:17 pm
Hello again! I have more thoughts/requests concerning my MPC Live MK2.
Firstly, I wish there was an option to enable the arpeggiator's Latch On function as a default somewhere in the settings, that's what I usually do anyway with an arp, but it's extra few clicks away.
Secondly, the arp should stay playing whilst changing tracks, without recording the arpeggio in. This is how I usually use my analog gear, where I enable an arpeggio on one synth, or an 8th note bassline, and move onto another synth to play a solo. I feel like the MPC has the potential to replace all of my analog gear, if I could just have an arpeggio from one plugin latch on in the background while I switch to another plugin and play a lead, without recording any MIDI data in.
And lastly, I'd like a better mixer view, where I can clearly see multiple channel's fader levels and be able to adjust multiple tracks simultaneously on the touchscreen. The machine is called Live after all. :)