MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:33 pm
Why can't I delete programs from the project page.

I can purge samples and delete them individually but to delete a program I have to set the program to a track and use the pencil icon.

The more I use this device the more puzzled I become by akai's decisions.
By jamos Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:35 pm
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:Why can't I delete programs from the project page.

I can purge samples and delete them individually but to delete a program I have to set the program to a track and use the pencil icon.

The more I use this device the more puzzled I become by akai's decisions.

Yeah, that one's bizarre, innit?
By voidFeeder Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:50 pm
Literally the only thing I care to change at all on the current line of MPCs. Some features would be nice, but this would make playing improvisationally infinitely better.

ERASE NOTES / AUTOMATION ON SELECTED TRACK WHILE PLAYING

These ideas from HouseWithoutMouse
- Hold Erase > Tap Pad once
Erase all note data for the tapped pad.

-Shift-Erase or double-press Erase
Instantly delete all note and automation data for the track.

Seriously this would be so much better for quickly iterating music and for organic improvisational music. The current use of Erase is useless for that. If they don't want to replace the current iteration, let me pick as an option in preferences to have this new erase functionality.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:07 pm
voidFeeder wrote:Literally the only thing I care to change at all on the current line of MPCs. Some features would be nice, but this would make playing improvisationally infinitely better.

These ideas from HouseWithoutMouse
- Hold Erase > Tap Pad once
Erase all note data for the tapped pad.

-Shift-Erase or double-press Erase
Instantly delete all note and automation data for the track.

Seriously this would be so much better for quickly iterating music and for organic improvisational music. The current use of Erase is useless for that. If they don't want to replace the current iteration, let me pick as an option in preferences to have this new erase functionality.

From grid. Shift should allow selection of multiple events. Hitting erase should erase selected events.
By Tulanian72 Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:50 pm
I'd like to see Standalone versions of the AiR synths that are usable in plugin mode. Hybrid, The Riser, etc. Given how old Hybrid is, I wouldn't think that it's too CPU intensive to run in standalone mode. Hype and Odyssey work just fine.

If one were to shoot for the moon, I'd want to see other vendors release Standalone-compatible versions of their synths, similar to what Rob Papen has done with Reason rack extensions. There are modern VSTs that wouldn't work on an MPC in Standalone, but older things like the first Predator or Blue should be fine. After all, the Maschine + can run Massive, and the hardware specs of the MPC One and the Maschine + are about what and what in terms of CPU.
By hyena Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:28 pm
i've just watched a vid about new features on the sp404mk2 ver.3, one feature i found very interesting, the so called "one shot", in it you can trigger a sample in a sequence and it will not retrigger (even if the note event is retriggered in the sequence) until the end of the sample. for instance you can have a 1 bar drum pattern and enter a guitar loop that is 8 bars long. the sample will not be retriggered every time the 1 bar pattern resets, until its end , so it will retrigger at the beginning of bar 9.
this is a very cool workaround to avoid the limitation of having all tracks of same length. you can have different lengths already, but it works only in "shortening" the length of a track compared to the length of a sequence, not in lengthening it. it might be cool to have such a feature in clip mode, for example (we have one shot mode in clip mode but it will not loop, it will just play the sample once in its entirety) or even in drum program mode or audio tracks. a cool trick that might come in very handy for those of us who use the mpc to perform live, bridging the gap between mpc and force without having to completely twist the mpc environment\workflow...
----
i will also repeat my request for step recording mode, we have that only in list edit but its very clumsy. i want to be able to enter rec or overdub without pressing play and enter notes via pads or ext. keyboard, having the sequencer advance automatically by the amount set by Timing Correct and be able to enter pauses just scrolling with the jog wheel.
------
better handling of sustain loops in keygroup programs. take a hint from jjos2xl or even kontakt: when setting start\end of a sustain loop a window opens that shows contemporarily the end of the loop(on the left) and the start of the loop (on the right), the two views are contiguous so you can better edit a seamless transition.
------
bring back time signature in main window like in every previous mpc. this is a must, there's absolutely no excuse for the convoluted way to acces different time sigs now.
By Masi Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:08 pm
voidFeeder wrote:Literally the only thing I care to change at all on the current line of MPCs. Some features would be nice, but this would make playing improvisationally infinitely better.

Even better is iMHO muting of notes instead of deleting them.
By kaydigi Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:42 am
I’ve been using a Ren mostly but just retired it due to no driver support with newer macs. I busted out the Black MK1 to test on a M2 pro (it works ) and holy shit my mind is blown .

Akai has auto switching on qlinks in sample edit mode . You use the arrow key and switch from the start and end field and the q links auto switch making it super easy to edit chops. It wasn’t always this way which is I went back down to the Ren from a Live in the first place.

I quickly loaded up my Live in stand-alone and tried it and it’s still not implemented in sample edit mode. Touch the start and end field does not switch the vertical qlinks…
By bliprock Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:52 am
Stand alone mode suggestion on the GUI - Track mute and Pad mute windows should have a button bottom left of and next to the division button to take you to the other mute window.... So in track mute you see pad mute and in pad mute window the button says track mute and takes you to track mute window.
There is the same space in both windows or each button
By johnnytravels Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:54 pm
kaydigi wrote:I’ve been using a Ren mostly but just retired it due to no driver support with newer macs. I busted out the Black MK1 to test on a M2 pro (it works ) and holy shit my mind is blown .

Akai has auto switching on qlinks in sample edit mode . You use the arrow key and switch from the start and end field and the q links auto switch making it super easy to edit chops. It wasn’t always this way which is I went back down to the Ren from a Live in the first place.

I quickly loaded up my Live in stand-alone and tried it and it’s still not implemented in sample edit mode. Touch the start and end field does not switch the vertical qlinks…

Auto switching works in the Air plugins though. The software is all over the place and no one cares to bring it all together under one approach.
To this day you cannot switch to a different program in program edit mode…
By kaydigi Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:13 am
johnnytravels wrote:

Auto switching works in the Air plugins though. The software is all over the place and no one cares to bring it all together under one approach.
To this day you cannot switch to a different program in program edit mode…

It's so baffling .... I don't get it

By A.N.Shelley Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:01 am
Why didn't Akai consider providing start/stop function in a single foot switch in the MPC X? Isn't that indispensable and easily possible in mpc X ?i mean seq playstart/stop with only one foot switch. in MPC 2500 jjos. 3.14 it is available.
By Synthetica Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:45 pm
I desperately would like an option to send Midi clock to Midi out ports when the sequencer is not running.

Currently only sends Midi clock when you press play.

Alternatively, could allow Midi clock to be received by Midi out ports when sent to a midi in ports (midi thru) to be able to use another midi device as the master midi clock with multiple midi devices.
By EMP Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:37 am
My biggest wish would be a deeper synth engine. It’s adequate, but Keygroups especially would benefit from a better modulation matrix with more LFO’s, etc. Probably not feasible, but my E-MU E4XT kills the MPC in terms of programming and routing modulation in patches.
By pedro_oliveira1993 Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:03 am
Change GUI theme, change q link behaviour in sample edit, give the option to hide FX or at least to select some favorites, some (a lot) tweaks in automation, a metering plugin, a major revamp of the browser (steal ableton collections and i'll be somewhat happy).

I'd be pretty happy if they changed the way expansions work for better browsing of the sounds. But that won't happen. I started to convert my sample packs into expansions just to make me go through that stuff.

An arrangement window would be cool. Maybe a rework of song mode, nothing too complex. I'd be fine with something super simple like in Serato Studio and do the overall automation in a simpler way.

Honestly, other than a few gripes with some stuff I'm very happy with my MPC. I'm nowhere near as experienced as a lot of the guys on the forum are, and I'm pretty sure I don't even use more than 10% of what it can do. But I'd rather if they focused on workflow and QL updates instead of turning the hardware into a portable computer. I like new features and all but I feel that it's going from an MPC into a janky DAW. I really don't using the computer for music. And I get the feeling that they make a product they'd never use.

If they improved upon the software maybe I'd even use the MPC in controller mode. Expand on that. If I need to bring something into a DAW I'd appreciate if the software was more feature packed. What more can you fit in the machine?