MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ace_of_dub Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:58 pm
> Any chance to make the CV outs Audio Outs?

Well not needed anymore since the latest update!

But back to the suggestions, while 2.10 was great (thanks AKAI) there are a lot things AKAI could improve with allegedly minimal cost.

They should really work on the keygroup engine. It's never going to be a A6000 or a Z8, or Kontakt. However having a basic mod matrix with CC assignment could go a long way, especially for EXPANSION designers.

Also allow automation for submixes, returns and master track effects. One obvious case is a filter sweep on a submix or the master.

People want an arranger like the Force, which is good, I'd be happy with sequence markers already, and make it easier to copy/paste/loop/tracks within a sequence.

A lot of people are kind of ditching the SONG mode because limitations to work with single sequence songs. Sequence markers would make building songs easier.
By Col the Doctor Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:59 pm
Free running LFOs in the drum program. This seems like a major oversight. Or am I missing some setting? I feel like in 2.9 I could get free running, ie no phase reset with note-on event. I know I can choose no-sync, but these all seem to phase reset with the exception of the "noise" LFO, which is free running.

Negative VCF amounts for all envelopes.

Shorter note-on time for autosampler... really, I mean, 1000ms is the current minimum :WTF:

Provision for manual autosampling. It was suggested earlier. I should be able to hit the notes myself and autosampler builds my keygroup.
By druki Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:28 am
mpc one user here- I'd like to add (I hope no-one has already said it) but being able to mute drum pads in midi mode- I use midi out to control a modular drum kit, being able to mute the hats for example would be great.
And also, to be able to assign the cv/gate outs to a set of pads, so you could for example setup 8 gate outs and have them setup like a drum pad.. at the moment each one is it's own track, so you can only play one drum at a time.
that would make the mpc one a real modular sequencer
By HouseWithoutMouse Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:17 am
- Crossfades between Audio Track Regions. (How can anyone even do anything with the audio tracks without crossfades?)
- Proper audio warping of Warp Markers in Audio Tracks (not the current "warp = end-to-end stretching")
- Audio Quantize of said markers inside an audio track
- Audio Quantize of Slices in Sample Edit, with seamless stretching of slices to fill in the gaps, so you can take a straight beat and make it a swing beat
- Q-link zooming should center/focus on the center of the current display instead of the playhead. (Why on earth would anyone even want to zoom on a moving playhead while it's playing, particularly if playhead scroll-follow isn't activated?)
- Better and more customizable transient detection for slices, the current threshold thing isn't enough (MPC manual slicing is nice though of course)
- Quick vertical zoom / show all for Grid edit
- Song parts without the sequence jails. All the same tracks and programs, just a different song part, with overlapping bits to do pickup bars when transitioning to the next song part. Even something as simple as "cycle markers" and named locators that can be recalled from an external controller (in the absence of dedicated buttons on the MPC One) would help. (How about using an external USB PC keyboard or even numpad? ... enough extra buttons eh)
- Naming of submixes and returns
- All selection lists (for example, select track or progam or output) in the user interface should show all the choices, and NOT scroll the currently selected item to the top. If I'm usint items 1-8 out of 128 possible, and the currently selected item is 5, it shows me items 5- , hiding items 1-4, forcing me to SCROLL the damn list all the time)
- Adjustable de-esser for the dynamics plugins
- Sidechain inputs for everything, use the Mother Ducker buses if need to
- Reordering of effect chains, I don't care how its done, even nudge up/down with the wheel would be OK.
By Sabaiion Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:07 pm
ace_of_dub wrote:> Any chance to make the CV outs Audio Outs?

Do you mind expanding on this please? I looked in the patch notes but saw no mention of this

Cheers
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:10 pm
Sabaiion wrote:
ace_of_dub wrote:> Any chance to make the CV outs Audio Outs?

Do you mind expanding on this please? I looked in the patch notes but saw no mention of this

He means you can just connect a USB audio interface to expand your audio I/O.
By Col the Doctor Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:27 pm
2.10 really bogged down the UI
All envelopes should be on the same page. I don't need a full screen do describe my ADSR contour!
Now I have to flip pages *and* flip q-link buttons to get to my ADSR control. What a time waster!
By HouseWithoutMouse Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:39 pm
It would be nice to see "effective playhead" position in editors, if track length is different from sequence length. Now if I have, say, a 7 beat track in a 64 bar sequence, the currently shown playhead position is meaningless for editing the track.
By HouseWithoutMouse Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:57 am
- Support for A/B (or more) views, places (views? modes?) in the user interface, so I could quickly switch (toggle) between places, for example A: the Main view, and B: a certain plugin's user interface. My old Sony TV's remote control has such a switch-between-two-things button.
- Complete MIDI (or even USB PC keyboard, or USB numpad) remote control for all functions in the user interface. Go to places, activate functions. ARROW KEYS!
By Neurone Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:07 pm
I'd like to be able to mute the rear ouputs when I plug phones in.
By unready Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:58 pm
Actually useful step sequencer. The current implementation is really tedious. It would be great if you could have everything on a single screen, like in Fruity Loops.
By 83dude Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:00 pm
unready wrote:Actually useful step sequencer. The current implementation is really tedious. It would be great if you could have everything on a single screen, like in Fruity Loops.

Sorry for the bad attitude, but:

Maybe you‘re better off using FL then.
By wlokaz Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:41 am
Hello

I have recently had MPC ONE. I created a few tracks and did the final rendering. I didn't find the functions that were used, so I guess it would work. A player of the finished songs would be very desirable, perhaps a playlist player. They create background music for the guitar and the synyezer - I could play with the playback. :worthy:

Best regards