MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Jean-Marc Liotier Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:39 pm
Drumsynth multi pad mutes !

Workaround is using drumsynth in multiple tracks for different drum parts. Resampling to assemble a drum program from the samples is also a workable option.

But still... Whyyy no pad mutes ? Same reason why routing from Drumsynth is limited ? Is that a missing feature or does Drumsynth have specific technical limitations that preclude that ?
By underblu Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:05 pm
The heart of the MPC is the sampling engine. A top tier sampler today should have

1. Multiple warp algorithms or at least one high resolution one that is effective for both melodic and rhythmic samples without introducing too many artifacts

2. Stems separation algorithm. This is becoming common place with software samplers and DJ devices. Stems would be a game changer for the MPC. Particularly given the MPC’s ethos as a sample flipping tool and hip hop beat maker.
By chrisroland Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:34 pm
the current MPC OS is just iterative of the original version that first shipped with the MPC X in 2017. the whole MPC line would need a CPU, memory, and firmware refresh (imo) to be seriously competitive with the kind of warping and stem separation that a desktop daw is capable of in 2024
By sl23 Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:31 pm
That's exactly what's needed! An mpc powerful as a desktop, with no limitations on cpu, Ram, storage, that allows usage of desktop plugins. They could stick a laptop motherboard in there, with decent processor, up to 32gb ram, higher res and larger screens (the live2 could've fit another inch of screen size in that chassis I bet), imagine an mpc running your fave vst's!

Probably never happen though as they wanna milk the tech with microscopic hardware upgrades to keep the cash flowing!
By chrisroland Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:46 pm
i'm guessing a lot would depend on how many MPC One+ and MPC X SE's they've sold since they were introduced. kinda refreshes of aging products but also nothing really compelling (imo) if you already have the original versions of them and are getting along fine. but if they're still selling them like hotcakes (i have no idea if they are or aren't) that's probably not going to produce a sense of urgency for a full product line revamp right now
By jonbon Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:33 am
I feel the CV possibilities of the MPC ONE is so untapped.
There are 0 options; I cannot even select if a gate out is a trigger og gate.
Still I have to fake clock out via 16th patterns.
No modulators except freehand drawing.

I suggest a new class of plugins, as there is room for all kinds of generative/creative plugins to generate CV and gates, that would of course work well for midi aswell.
Just get a team to look at all the opensource and eurorack available creative **** on display like:
Melodicer/RandomRythm
Metropolix
ShiftRegisters
Torso T-1
Pams Workout
etcetc

While your at it, port MI plaits/rings/clouds++ like all other companies are doing. It would sound better than the current plugins.

Look at plattforms like the Monome Norns / Ornament & Crime, and create a place for people to make their own scrpts and plugins, it could thrive.

And LFOs damnit, per track at least.

/rant
By Benny Ocean Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:33 pm
1. Stem separation this is not mandatory because they have VSTs for this but other DAWS are implementing they're own so if Akai wants to keep up they need to seriously consider it.
2. GHOST NOTE OPTION!! On the piano roll in the MPC and especially on the MPC DAW similar to what FL has. This is extremely useful and helpful for building melodies and should seriously be implemented.
3. An update on importing MIDI files. Its crazy to me that they have not fixed the MIDI importing issue after all these years, When you import a MIDI file it puts it completely in a different sequence and the bars are off which is crazy, so every time you import a MIDI file you have to spend time just fixing it. I really don't understand why they have not fixed this if they want people to actually use the DAW.
4. Just a general revamp of the piano roll in the MPC DAW. Other DAWS are lightyears ahead of the MPC DAW when it comes to just editing MIDI in the piano roll screen.
5. A revamp of the song arranger. It's crazy that 90% of people who use MPC and MPC DAW finish their music in a different DAW because the song arranger is terrible and not intuitive. They can just make it block based like all the other DAWS do. The song arranger truly sucks man and I'm a faithful Akai head I don't want them to fall so far behind other programs and hardware when it comes to the simple things that make a tremendous difference in workflow.
By BRITOWORX Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:50 am
New to this forum. Not sure if anyone has made this suggestion but Akai should implement standalone date management. ie; being able to drag sample folders from an sd card to the ssd drive I have installed on my units. complete eliminates the need for a computer.
By BRITOWORX Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:57 pm
BRITOWORX wrote:New to this forum. Not sure if anyone has made this suggestion but Akai should implement standalone data management. ie; being able to drag sample folders from an sd card to the ssd drive I have installed on my units. complete eliminates the need for a computer.
By mrmarbury Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:34 pm
sl23 wrote:That's exactly what's needed! An mpc powerful as a desktop, with no limitations on cpu, Ram, storage, that allows usage of desktop plugins. They could stick a laptop motherboard in there, with decent processor, up to 32gb ram, higher res and larger screens (the live2 could've fit another inch of screen size in that chassis I bet), imagine an mpc running your fave vst's!

Probably never happen though as they wanna milk the tech with microscopic hardware upgrades to keep the cash flowing!

Akai should do what Ableton did with the Push 3: use the NUC platform!

This would make the MPC unstoppable and show Ableton how standalone music production should work
By mrmarbury Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:59 pm
NearTao wrote:
As of August 18, Intel's NUC 12 Enthusiast kits, X15 and P14E reference laptops — yes, Intel made notebooks — will officially be discontinued, with the last call for interested parties to get their hands of remaining stock being September 8.

Doesn’t matter Asus took over the whole NUC platform from intel
By B-Wise Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:15 am
I wish there was more space between the first 3 icons on the top of the Sample Edit window or at move the Delete icon over to the right.

I keep fn tapping Delete by mistake & there literally a hole finger tip worth of empty space right next to it. Damn you Akai!