MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dopeNL Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:58 pm
After having been in contact with AKAI PRO, They simply referred me to using the MPC-FORUMS For help and requests... (LOL :oops: :oops: )

So here we go, My List of bugs to be fixed and Feature requests for any up-and-coming MPC OS UPDATE.

MPC OS 2.10..1+ Fixes and Feature Requests.

Here are the fixes and features I would love to see happen with the next and or future MPX OS Updates. I'm talking about the OS SOftware that runs the current standalone MPC units. Like the MPC X, MPC LIVE and LIVE 2 alongside the MPC ONE of course.

1) Q-Link knobs sensitivity adjustment feature and remove the screen Q-Link status pop-out display, stuck on the screen and the only way to get rid of / remove the window is to reboot the system. Also other known bug fixes.
i) Status window bug,
ii) Q-Link pop-up window not highlighting the displaying rows and columns correctly when holding the Q-Link button down to display status parameters.
iii) Q-Link 3, when editing in sample edit mode, Making radical adjustments, rather than the x10 it's mapped to be doing.

Not to mention the 3rd Q link not functioning when trying to loop a sample, I have also made a video of this problem.

2) More ability to save samples after recording a sample, Additions to save sample from the sample edit window/pages directly after any edits or processing (i.e normalisation or are completed ) Without the need to save a project or put a sample into a program.

3) The ability to load and save like the older AKAI OS Sytems, The ability to filter what you wish to load, i.e Save: Current and Save ALL,

Alongside an option to Load/Save "Project, Programs and Samples", - "Program and Samples", - "Program/s Only", - "Sample/s Only",

4) At the Preferences "INFO' window. Have the ability to save your user preferences to a file, once you have changed or edited them. With the ability to load your user/saved preferences, file into your MPC Once a "Reset Preferences", the function has been carried out. Perhaps when you have a new/ 2nd MPC that you wish to load your preferences onto.

Also when prompted while loading any Programs and Samples, With the pop-up warning window states: Sample exists, Replace? or Cancel? -
Have the new option/Check box to Skip or Skip all. (Being any duplicates). Allowing the loading process to continue further onto completion. (The Load / Save option previously mentioned would solve this also.

5) Better file management as a whole.
The ability to select multiple files for organization and management, and the ability to move folders and files from the internal drive.
Most other file management can be completed on a computer via the SD card, however, it's not handy to continually remove the SD card and insert it into a computer simply for this function.

*) A "select all" function in the LIST EDIT mode would be great!
*) The ability to LIST ALL NOTES or EVENTS FILTER on Multiple channels, Track (LIST EDIT).

FIX the Multiple edit function in Program edit 2nd DRUM TAB, Multi PAD mode / As THE Q'-Links fail to edit ALL or MULTIPLE PADs when in Edit mode. (See PAD MULTI EDIT BUG - Video).

How about adding a second LFO? Also, the ability to add pre-delay before the LFO kicks into action. This was a function available on the older S3000XL, alongside multiple LFO's.

Add a function where you could swap between user tools, like zoom and selection tool. It can be very frustrating at times when all you want to do is select something, however, you're not zoomed in enough to select the event due to its size, or lack of it.

These are just a few things I have found to be fixed in an update, alongside some nice new functions perhaps.
This would help very much in the workflow.
By 40Beatz Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:26 pm
I 2nd the "Having a SELECT ALL in the List Edit"

Add....

Ability to MOVE Tracks and FX Slots
By MuttBeats Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:54 pm
I know this has come up before but adding it again here in case Akai have missed it multiple times before…. Grid edit mode, PLEASE add a Select All option. The lasso select is OK for small sections of notes in the middle of the grid but trying to lasso an entire section where the first note is on the downbeat of bar 1 and the last note is on the last beat of the track…. very fiddly. Real workflow killer when trying to move or copy an entire section of notes.
By camillomuc Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:07 am
I´m missing two features for professional mastering on the mpc:
- a loudness meter which shows the integrated LUFS of a song
- a function for the mixdown which adds about 150ms at the start of a track

Sadly, I always have to do these two steps with mit DAW.

Cheers
By enzyme Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:22 am
1: Dither options when exporting, I currently have to export in 24bit and then dither/render to .wav or .mp3 in Wavelab. 16bit straight out of the MPC sounds pretty bad.

2: Improved LFO options such as reverse/inverted shapes, more destinations, etc.. Maybe even an LFO module/plugin that can target other plugins/effects.

3: A proper mod matrix, the current options are pretty basic and seem most suited for drums/percussion. The MPC is capable of much more.

4: Copy/Paste/Duplicate steps and bars in the step editor (including any locked parameters). Intricate automation is already technically possible, but then virtually impossible to program (who wants to manually lock parameters on 256 steps??)

These are my main wishes for the MPC, but of course. there are loads of workflow improvements that could be made/tweaked. Too many to list really, but I'm sure most have been covered in this thread already. I just hope that Akai actually do pay attention to this forum :worthy:
By BeatWilson Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:58 am
I know it doesn't work this way but what I would love is that if it was possibly to get the front 2 1/4 inputs and the back 4 1/4 inputs to work all at once on the mpcx. I know there's a switch to go back and forth between them so It's more or less a hardware thing but damn.... 6 inputs would be awesome. Cant deny... I know... someone its gonna say use a audio interface... but anyways... I can dream.
By artemusprime Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:17 pm
After purchasing and using my MPC Live Mk2 for a year I would like to suggest some changes to the software.
I'm trying to come up with a live set but find it difficult.
1. The machine doesn't display in minutes and seconds so I've no idea how long anything really is. I shouldn't have to use a stopwatch to get an idea.
2. It badly needs an arrangement view. I know that The Force has it but it's not a product I'm interested in, I much prefer the format of Live Mk2. The arrangement view doesn't have to be always on either, could be just an option you can select.
3. MIDI Clock jitter is an issue, it's unstable.
4. Tempo change automation. If MPC didn't rely on sequences structure, it would be easily accomplished in arrangement view.
5. Doing anything with automation that's not recorded live is hard. Editable automation lines for transitions from one part to the next, or fading things in and out of a mix. Once again, needs the arrangement view in
'time' from left to right.
6. Easy time signature changes, inserted in the arrangement view.
7. MIDI note filtering from the clock source. My Elektron Model:Samples has that, it's useful for when you only want the start/stop and clock without triggering MIDI notes from another device.
8. I've ran into a bug that completely crashed my MPC. I was trying to map faders from my Launchkey 49 Mk2 to volumes of different tracks. MPC froze and had to be hard reset. I think the MIDI map function isn't user friendly. Would be nice if there was a MIDI learn button on all screens that you press, then select whatever parameter on screen you want and then adjust a knob/fader on your MIDI device to learn that parameter.
I, by no means hate the machine. It just makes a lot of basic things difficult and I hope that they would be improved upon in a future software update.
By mikem Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:41 am
Is there currently a way to enter notes in the grid from the pads and/or a MIDI controller?

I'm thinking: if you select the pen tool, and you press a pad or send a MIDI note, a note should be created at the current playhead position, and the playhead should advance so you can enter the next note. Or maybe it should be a separate step recording tool, where you can select the time divisions on the touch screen. Anyway, this seems like such an obvious feature that I'm still not sure if I just missed it, but as far as I know you can only select notes using the pads, which is nice but not really that useful.
By stuffit Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:25 pm
I enjoy the scale feature of pad perform, it's amazing, but would appreciate if there is a way to highlight scales on piano roll. This would make it easier to input notes from the pen tool rather than pad.

I know hitting the pad highlights the chord on the piano roll but it would be good for workflow to be able to see the scale of a key.
By misterflibble Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:37 pm
Elektrobolt wrote:While at it, add 8 free running (or synchronized to tempo) LFO's (with all the waveforms available as choices) that can be assigned as a source to any automation parameter, as opposed to a parameter that one wants to edit.

They put this into the Force in 3.1 under the MACROs, and they did a really nice job with it. It would be great to see the same macro support come to MPC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i6Bk3rnhho
By Lampdog Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:23 pm
40Beatz wrote:Change Track Order
Change FX Order

These would be great!

Bezo wrote:+
Allow import of MIDI to sequence & track of choice
Ability to copy/paste off-grid MIDI accurately, without leaving the grid, without having to nudge
More advance MIDI selection (highest/lowest note, invert selection, etc.)
Zoom status of tracks remain when returning to a track instead of applying last used
Slicker touchscreen mechanics that eliminate the need to switch tools so often

These are also some things I’ve noticed could be better as well.
The switching of tools, prolly could have been less menu diving with a better thought out UI. Actually it’s better now than it started off imo. Getting there?!? But slowly?!?