MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Nivl Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:34 am
Add a convolution reverb plugin, with the ability to add your samples as impulses, adjust the start and end of the impulse playback and from its own volume envelope, right in standalone mode. In addition to the fact that this would solve for many the possible problem of the lack of the “necessary” reverb, the convolution reverb is also a mega cool tool for sound design, which will greatly expand the capabilities of the MPC.
By philipformby Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:39 pm
Nivl wrote:Add a convolution reverb plugin, with the ability to add your samples as impulses, adjust the start and end of the impulse playback and from its own volume envelope, right in standalone mode. In addition to the fact that this would solve for many the possible problem of the lack of the “necessary” reverb, the convolution reverb is also a mega cool tool for sound design, which will greatly expand the capabilities of the MPC.

I 100 percent agree.....reverb makes a tune what it is. Not the tune itself....we need better reverbs to be fair
By HanHuman Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:30 am
Please AKAI, bring the 'Auto-advance on step record' function from List Edit to the Grid View. So we can input notes by pressing REC or OVER DUB then pads/keys to lay them out one by one according to the Time Correct value without the sequencer running. I think it would bring out a lot to the workflow while not being a big request since the function already exists elsewhere in the MPC :worthy:
By wadewatts Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:29 am
Hey everyone!

New owner of the MPC One and I really adore it to bits! Best purchase I've ever done :worthy:

There's a few things I'd love to see in a future OS update:
- Pre-fader sends
- Option for up to 16 mono tracks in/out (instead of having to use stereo tracks for 2 mono tracks on L/R)
- Option for automation to follow track length (looks like automation only follows the sequence length?)
- MIDI tab for clips or MIDI clips
- Legato mode for clip launching
- Global LFOs/EGs
- Re-order insert effects

If any of these are actually doable with current firmware, you'd excuse my noobness ;)
By Bomkad Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:01 pm
as an returned mpc user (used it before the mpc soft/hardware era)
i got some wishes for implementation

dunno if some akai employes are here in the forum
but couldnt find any other public feature request place (if there is an official akai place can you send me a dm direct link?)

:worthy: my first request would be:
a update to the purge function
- Purge Unused Programs
similar to abletons collect and save feature:
-collects only used programs and saves as a new project
Playable Program audition (especialy non expansion programs):
-instead of loading the kit it fully into the memory just the option to preload and test the kit before fully loading it into the ram/project

hope some people share similar needs :?:
By Fruity1971 Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:50 pm
Straker wrote:
Oscar South wrote:I'd like some visual feedback/display metering options that can be viewed full screen:

Spectrum analyser
Spectrogram
Vectorscope
Pitch metering

+1 for spectrum analyzer

Something like vst Span, with slope and release

Yes! Would be very helpful. I was going to post to ask if any MPC ONE onboard audio effects can do this visually. 2022 I am wondering if this was ever possible to show any real time feedback displays. I can do without them on any other effect (although always helpful) would like to have a visual spectrum analyser available if possible.
By adamg Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:58 pm
I don't have it in me to read all 24 pages because I'm old :mrgreen: I did a search but nada. If this has been addressed, my apologies.

Please lift the 8 plugin limit. I can use at least 8 just on the drum synths. Yes, I have plenty of samples. Too many, actually. I like the drum synths for quick and easy drums and some of the synth plugins are dope. If the processor can't handle unlimited plugins, at least give us 12 or 16. That would make a difference. Thanks.
By Req Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:42 am
Sorry if this has already been brought up, but if so please add my voice to the list!

I got the MPC Key 61 mainly to replace my Korg flagship workstation slot, which I use as my main keyboard most of the time - this has been an ST-61 and then a Nautilus(I also have a 61-key Virus TI2 and Novation X-Station on the stand with it, and I'm in batch 9 for a Seaboard Rise 2. :-D) I really make a lot of use of custom arpeggiator patterns on the Korgs and I had just assumed that you'd be able to record a pattern using the keys and then transpose it using the keys during playback on the MPC Key 61.

Unless I'm missing something, there is no way to transpose midi sequences with the keys or create custom arpeggio patterns with the keys. Or create custom arpeggio patterns in standalone mode at all, even if the UI must be used as with the Korgs.

I may be in the minority here but the absence of these features seems like a crying shame to me, and has forced me to go back to maining the Nautilus. It would be really amazing if we could use midi sequences like arpeggiator patterns and/or record arpeggiator patterns with the keys, then set up a handful of keyzones and control them all on different tracks.

I've spent some time thinking about how this might work, and all that is needed for basic functionality is for the user to define the base note of the scale and assign that to each sequence/pattern after it's been recorded to enable simple global single-key transpose. Another thought that I had was that in addition to the standard arp play modes there could be a couple more called "Align - Fill" and "Align - Stretch" or something like that. I'll try to describe those in the next paragraph.

Say you record a sequence/pattern that only uses 3 different notes, like a bassline. The align scheme allows you to play any 3 notes at once to start or update the arp and it will use the lowest note you played for the lowest note in the pattern, the middle note you played for the middle note in the pattern, and the highest note you played for the highest note in the pattern. This works for any number of notes, and the difference between Fill and Stretch is how it maps the notes you play to the notes in the sequence/pattern when there is less notes played than exist in the pattern. Fill would map the notes you play from the lowest note in the pattern to the highest note in the pattern, and if you didn't play enough notes it would not play the highest notes in the pattern. Stretch would start with the lowest and then the highest note in the pattern, then the middle note, and so on depending on how many notes you played. When you play too many notes, the ones it chooses to ignore could work in a similar way for the two modes, respectively. I realize this mostly sounds like any arpeggiator, but in the context of a recorded sequence/pattern that already has notes defined, the difference is that these "note slots" would be evaluated every time it loads a midi sequence or once when it initially creates an arp pattern from a keyboard recording.

Please do something like this, or if I'm missing a way to get this behavior(even just simple one-note global transpose with the keys instead of a knob or the UI) I'd love to learn about that!
By Req Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:47 am
Above I said: "All that is needed for basic functionality is for the user to define the base note of the scale and assign that to each sequence/pattern after it's been recorded to enable simple global single-key transpose."

For the sake of clarity, a better way to express "the base note of the scale" is to say "the key on the keyboard which represents transpose=0."
By Kontaegis Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:49 pm
Delete all muted tracks to make turning one song into one sequence easier. As this would make bouncing tracks into audio files easier IMO as it would be for the whole song not just sequence. If this been recommended I’m not sure I tried searching and couldn’t find it. Also if there is a way to do this I have not found it yet. I swear I was able to do this on the 2KXL been a minute lol.
By Lampdog Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:03 am
Kontaegis wrote:Delete all muted tracks to make turning one song into one sequence easier.

This will work against the very thing you want.
SINCE many mpc’s before the current generation you should KEEP your tracks lined up in order to have seq to song convert correctly. I mean how many times does it have to be said?