MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Fretless Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:43 pm
I want more sends. I love the option of having external gear to send tracks out to, esp with being able to have 32 I/O. Sadly having only 4 sends limits that a bit. Unless there's a way to do more parallel routing, I'm currently having to use sub mixes as psudo-sends.
By Rocksitter Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:43 pm
mikem wrote:Is there currently a way to enter notes in the grid from the pads and/or a MIDI controller?

I'm thinking: if you select the pen tool, and you press a pad or send a MIDI note, a note should be created at the current playhead position, and the playhead should advance so you can enter the next note. Or maybe it should be a separate step recording tool, where you can select the time divisions on the touch screen. Anyway, this seems like such an obvious feature that I'm still not sure if I just missed it, but as far as I know you can only select notes using the pads, which is nice but not really that useful.
With the 2000Xl you could scroll the time line and place notes I do not think it would be a huge deal to implement Im not sure maybe step recording is not a fan favorite has it seems to not have gotten a lot of attention.
By mikem Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:03 am
Rocksitter wrote: With the 2000Xl you could scroll the time line and place notes I do not think it would be a huge deal to implement Im not sure maybe step recording is not a fan favorite has it seems to not have gotten a lot of attention.

I wrote a feature request to Akai and actually got the reply that it's been forwarded to the development team, so fingers crossed, maybe it actually gets implemented 8)
By bliprock Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:24 am
MISSED BY THAT MUCH AKAI lol.... OK so the new PAD PERFORM setup is oh so bloody close to perfect. First though, the PAD PERFORM mode does open in clips mode.. guessing a bug cos manual says no it dont right?
OK second the CUSTOM mode- what is the point seems redundant if you already have chromatic, sure it can be different but why this? it seems useless if you can set chromatic and get exactly the same? Am I missing something here?
It should have custom chords and Akai should not use 1-3-5 parlance, it should read major/minor/aug/dim instead really, I mean makes more sense. Custom should be like chord but you can set it all chords per pad as whatever you want, so pad one is 1-3-5 major and pad 2 is 1-4-5 etc. so close to the JJOS chord select but yeah I have no idea why they added custom when it seems redundant. I am aware you can set up custom progressions and have done so with success but damn I miss that JJOS chord bank fiercely. So close lol
By semar Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:34 pm
As a very new user of a MPC Key 61, these are so far my wishes:

- alphabetic sorted lists of items. For example, the factory or user expansions list is alphabetic sorted, but the plug-ins presets-category list as well the plug-ins-presets list are not.

- I wish also the plug-in category list to be enhanced with a meaningful graphic in order to give an instant perception of which presets I'm going to find. For example, for the category "Strings", by the side of the text "Strings" it would be nice to have an graphic representation of a String (Cello, Violin, etc.). This particular way of showing items is really appealing and useful. By the way, it is the same concept shown in the Factory Expansions or User Expansions (as shown in the above tutorial ).

Here is an (really rough) example of what I mean :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

It could be nice if we - users - could be able to put the images we like, in this way everyone could personalize its MPC :-)

- Another wish is to have in the default browser a sort of category for each drum element. For instance, if I search for a snare sample, having a dedicated directory containing only snare samples would be useful. In this way we don't need to search for that instrument (and everytime clear the search field to search for another type of drum ) but instead we could select the relevant directory (for example: snares) and select/audition the elements (which are in this case all snares ) for our drumkit.

Thanks for your attention,
Sergio
By thumperjack Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:26 pm
just got MPC Live II and flying around in tubesynth, tapping one one knob on the screen and having the whole Q-link column instantly shift over to surround that knob and the other stuff next to it :-D

That's handy! went to program edit on a drum kit and bass sound program and Q-link selection doesn't follow where you tap :WTF:

i wish you could make that a preference for Q-link behavior, so anywhere else there was a column of Q-link stuff, when you tap one knob that's outside it the Q-link column moves over to contain that knob and its neighbors :worthy:

it's so quick to be able to tap once on screen and have 4 hardware knobs all move to where you tapped! :smoker:
By colonyrecords Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:27 am
I need midi takes per track or midi clips. It’s 2022, I need a quicker way of trying out ideas within a seq. For this reason NI maschine is way faster for me and I went back to it.

The retrospective recording feature needs to loop within the same bars of the recording so we don’t have to copy and paste into position. It’s a workflow killer in its current form. Think StudioOne or Abelton, midi takes should work same as them.
By SuperKonquer Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:37 pm
As a workaround for midi clips you can use multiple tracks with the same program and mute the other takes. You could also use multiple tracks in mute groups so you can play with sequence variations within one sequence. It can get a bit messy if you are not careful so grouping and naming your tracks is key to not get lost in your own web. Using multiple tracks for the same program has very little impact on memory so you should use this option freely if like to produce with on the fly changes.
By Visconte Cobram Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:41 am
After a mere month of using (and loving) my One, here is some features I'd love

The ability to rename Send/Return and Output Buses.. that would be really helpful, like renaming one Return "reverb" and another "delay" would really make things easier.

In track mix mode I'd love to have "send n." instead of the "send and dots" indicator in the button to choose the sends in the bottom center of the screen

In the AIR para eq I'd love if the qlink mapping wasnt "all gains", "all Qs" and "all freqs" but instead would be "band 1 freq, q and gain (and hopefully a sat dial as well" this would mimic the behavior of a real console. After all, who needs to alter the Q of more bands together??

The ability to move inserts from one slot to another freely, lots of times I have top delete an insert to because I want to place something in its place, the ability to move inserts would be awesome,

The ability to save custom scales and chords in the pad perform section

The ability to microtune individual notes and save custom tunings in pad perform and 16 levels

I hope I was clear enough

What do you all think about my wishes?

Thanks!
By Genereal G Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:56 am
Can we get cut copy paste on the track level. Also can we get midi import to track with midi preview?

That should not be to difficult…..
By MPC-Tutor Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:00 pm
MIDI preview already possible in the same way that program and project previews are achieved, by placing an audio file in a [Previews] folder named after the file you wish to preview. It works for all file types, e.g.

'My Sequence.sqx', preview is 'My Sequence.sqx.wav'
'My MIDI file.mid', preview is 'My MIDI file.mid.wav'
'My Pattern file.mpcpattern', preview is 'My Pattern file.mpcpattern.wav'