MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mpc_fan_2022 Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:46 am
Simple add functions that were on the AKAI MPC3000, such as:

WAIT FOR recording mode where the MPC waits for a MIDI note event to start recording

SIMULT Sequence to play 2 sequences at the same time, or a song and a sequence together

TEMPO TRACK

Maybe these3 were already suggested.5
By Crapost Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:08 am
Why is there no Random trigger of pads from a single pad - from a list trigger a single pad from a list.

For example if you are triggering a multi layered pad that has velocity triggers but you want to have variations while playing so you try and trigger an another pad with it’s own set of samples but there’s no way i can see.

There is an option to play simultaneous pads but that’s just a layering technique.

Would be nice to have the option to have a random selector on the simultaneous pads.

This would add so much depth to hi hat selection or whatever.

I can do it with ableton no probs but I’m enjoying the standalone device.

Two other things, why no fold notes in the # screen and why no free running arp on tracks not in use!
By Kyl3Wyld Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:51 pm
I want serum/vital in standalone mode. So would like AIR to offer a standalone instrument plugin 3 osc (2 wavetable 1noise) synth with key tracking, comprehensive modulation routing, complex envelope shaping, etc.
By mpc_fan_2022 Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:04 pm
what if you want length of your track to be 15 steps ?

There are no "steps" in the MPC sequences. If you mean "sixteenth note" then it's completely different.

MPC sequences do not have "steps", only time division. This isn't a Digitakt with 128 discrete steps. How hard is it to understand?

NOW the MPC Does need STEP RECORDING in standalone and software like on the Roland device. The way the list view works is not satisfying at all.
By dustyslices Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:44 pm
mpc_fan_2022 wrote:

MPC sequences do not have "steps", only time division. This isn't a Digitakt with 128 discrete steps. How hard is it to understand?

Actually you can loop each track in MPC, duration of that loop can be shorter than length of a sequence and therefore you can have tracks with DIFFERENT LENGTH within one sequence, time signature have absolutely nothing to do with it. Problem is that length of a given track is presented in beats not in steps which means it is not "granular" enough.
and yes... I have my elektrons connected to MPC because the sequencer is somewhat shit and pls learn your gear before you start venting ;)

EDIT:
btw. steps / 16th notes - semantics
By Ultros Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:19 am
dustyslices wrote:I have my elektrons connected to MPC because the sequencer is somewhat shit

I've tucked tail back to the pc. MPC in its own way is a fun box but its a c*ck s*cker at times as well when it doesnt need to be. I new i7 6700 with 32gb ram and 4tb ssd for ultros reaper rockin like a beast mpc is now a dedicated slave module. Aint nobody got time for that...
By trocol Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:27 pm
Of course got ALL the sense and what about "mpc is no that kind of sequencer"? Mpc is more than a sequencer and the lenght in steps instead beats is very useful to create easily polyrythms as elektrons, rolands and korgs do.

A "step" is a subdivision of a bar (4 beats) in 1/16 so, the "sense" about having that division in one, two or three tracks is while a basic loop is set for instance to 4 beats (1bar and 16steps), that specific track could be set to 5 or 7 or 13 steps which makes a polyrythm essential for techno.

Is it clear now??
By cylon6 Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:12 pm
I would like to see an option on the Insert pages to swap the order of the 4 inserts. If there is a way of rearranging the order of the inserts, I've missed it and would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to do it. Thanks all!
By MPC-Tutor Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:32 am
cylon6 wrote:I would like to see an option on the Insert pages to swap the order of the 4 inserts. If there is a way of rearranging the order of the inserts, I've missed it and would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to do it. Thanks all!

Commonly requested feature for years now, available in the MPC Software but not standalone. No idea why, this is definitely a hugely popular request and there must be many ways to achieve this, although 'drag and rearrange' would seem to be the obvious solution. There;s so many areas in the standalone UI that would benefit from this type of feature (track rearrangement, pad rearrangement, slice re-ordering etc).
By Sapro Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:44 pm
mpc_fan_2022 wrote:

There are no "steps" in the MPC sequences. If you mean "sixteenth note" then it's completely different.

NOW the MPC Does need STEP RECORDING in standalone and software like on the Roland device. The way the list view works is not satisfying at all.

Yeah agreed. I program all my step sequences via a Mono Station then record the midi for this very reason.