MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jongrover Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:14 pm
It would be great if in the next upcoming software update that pad Mutes worked for Audio Tracks. At the moment they only work for Midi tracks when I press the Mutes button to go to that screen. Although from the Mix view I see we can use the touchscreen to mute and unmute audio tracks, it would be really nice if I could use the pads to mute from the Mutes screen the same way I can for midi tracks. The pads are much more tactile and have the benefit of seeing color change from yellow to red when something is muted this is especially nice in dark conditions. During live performance it is useful when recording directly into audio tracks to build up layers of audio tracks and then being able to use the full size pads to bring the audio layers in and out via the pad mutes would be much nicer. Thanks and keep up the great work engineers!
By thesaltmine Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:28 pm
Echoing the audio pad mute request.

Some others:
- all params as midi mappable destinations, and direct Q-link mapping
- midi input should probably default to "none" (nasty with drum machines)
- audio track enhancements, especially overdubbing
- don't stop looper/sampler playback on the main screen
- replace the step sequencer with a useful one
- 0 snap by default... or surface the option better in the ui
- grid mode should snap to show actual notes by default, and/or a working note finder
- fill mode/probability as in Elektron devices
- plug and play mapping for Akai Mini Mk3 Plus
- more live DJing features, maybe a scratch menu at the same level as X/Y
By mrmarbury Thu May 04, 2023 11:38 am
Variants/"Comping" per Track. When I make music I often have melody variations or different beat pattern variations in my head that I want to record NOW. Because otherwise they are gone.
Until now I have to use a different Track or Sequence for each of those variations which gets slightly cluttered over time and is a bit tedious if you just want to get stuff out of your head. In Ableton or on the Force this is easy. Just create a new clip on the same track. For the MPC I can easily imagine doing a "shift-record", "shift-record-PADperVariation" or similar way to record a variations to the same track that I can later select/playback again via a track mute or some "shift-track-PADperVariation"-way.

So like in the sample editor one assigns a pad per slice one could use shift-record to switch on a pad select mode for recording a different variation.

Regarding Comping: Akai could then go about and add some kind of "midi editor" similar to the "sample editor" and make it possible to slice up your midi variations to pads to recombine them as a new variations. Like PAD1 has the 1st bar of variation 1, PAD2 has slice 3 of variation 2 and so on. And that could then be recorded/combined to a new variation. Oh how much would I celebrate that :worthy:
By hyena Thu May 04, 2023 3:05 pm
something very simple: bpm sync WITHOUT warp, like its possible on the sp404.
i mean: you enable bpm sync but dont enable warp for a sample, when you change bpm it automatically tune the sample to make it fit the new bpm, with smooth transition. it's super easy to achieve compared to warp and similar stuff. imagine you have your chopped samples\breaks\loops without warp, your sequence running, you start slowing down bpm and the entire set slows naturally down and pitches down. smoothly. perfection.
i fvckin hate warp.
By Lancerben Fri May 05, 2023 6:09 am
There is an annoying bug in mpc software where you move part of a track using the selector. Either in track mode or grid mode and the pitch bend recorded values don't follow. You have to copy and paste to get them... Annoying when one wants to move stuff.
By Lancerben Fri May 05, 2023 7:26 am
Another bug that is constant is when trying to edit a large number of velocity points say hihats. It freezes the software and keyboard and a full restard is needed on the computer because the software seems to lose sync with the keyboard. And it won't play any sound if you don't restart the computer.
By chrismayall Fri May 05, 2023 2:14 pm
Feature request for split program change functionality -

At the moment you can only set program change input to either program, sequence, or track.
It's unlikely that anyone will have 128 of any of these...
Is there a possibility of placing another option on the menu to split the function of the program changes?

For example:

PC 00-31 changes Program 1-32;
PC 32-63 changes Track 1-32;
PC 64-95 changes Sequence 1-32?

Might be a very specific ask but would be a game changer for my particular setup!

Thanks
Chris
By HanHuman Fri May 05, 2023 4:55 pm
Add a "MIDI + Audio" option for "export MIDI as" in Ableton Live set export.
Currently it's either MIDI or Audio. Need both in one shot.
By Avasopht Sun May 07, 2023 9:17 am
It would be great if the MPC application would read the expansions from my MPC, directly access the MPC's "places", and have an option to automatically freeze plugin tracks so they can be accessed from the MPC.

It would also be great if it could act as a remote control for the MPC, allowing us to use the desktop GUI to directly control standalone MPC projects (this has probably been asked a few times).
By Mr Funk Mon May 08, 2023 1:10 pm
Hi,

I don't know if this has already been said, but I would like to have more possibilities for setting up midi controllers for live, for the KEY61. Example :
Assign the MUTE state of each part to the Release and Press control pedal. This allows in 1 press to switch from one or more sounds to 1 or more sounds without taking your hands off the keyboard

It's really awesome. I had this on my Nord Stage 2 .... really cool live
By thumperjack Tue May 09, 2023 12:30 am
there is time correction options for part mutes, it's perfect, within the hiphop genre alone part mutes are the single most prominent arrangement/performance capability. with MPC you can record in part mutes, with their own time correction settings

i want the same time correction options for next sequence, to be able to record a performance of jumping around sequences at random

preferably with an option to maintain transport location (ie, if there are four sequences with 4 bars each, and time correction settings for next sequence are set to 16ths, you can start with sequence one and hit sequence two on the second beat of the second bar and sequence two picks up at the second beat of it's second bar, etc, the transport doesn't reset to zero unless it hits the end of a sequence) . so you can jump around sequences at random without resetting the transport location. polyend tracker can do this, and elektron analog four/rythm can do it (direct jump)