MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Quickstrike2.0 Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:36 am
It would be very pleasing if you guys can make four different GUI scans

original look (standard)

A akai Force skin which is pretty much a dark mode.

A retro skin. like a MPC 3000/ren basic white and blue look. Or MPC 4000 look

A light mode. Opposite contrasting colors of akai force Gui.

These could be user selectable in menu
By Savvy001 Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:28 pm
One feature i would like to see added is very simple.
Changeable Count In (preroll) length.

Because i do mostly real instrument recording, like drums, guitar & bass.
Having only 4 as a count in, is to short to really get into the groove of the metronome before the recording starts.
A groove always extends over 4 counts.
So akai please, make this simple adjustment so we all can choose how long we want the count in to be.

Go into metronome settings.
Turn on precount.
Set length. (max however long we want)
(Simple :-D )
By sl23 Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:34 pm
I'm still in the early learning stages, but for me, these two things are very important:

1. WAIT NOTE - When entering Record Standby mode, ie, pressing either the REC or OVERDUB buttons, I would really like the option to start recording when a Pad is pressed or a Note is played from an external keyboard. Roland synths have this and so does Reaper via a script, it's called WAIT NOTE.

Just to clarify, so in the Metronome settings you currently have a count-in of four beats. the previous request was to choose how many bars this is, mine extends it to allow the Recording to wait for user input via a function called WAIT NOTE. Thus waiting for input in the form of a NOTE ON event, or you can just press play as normal.

2. MPC as CONTROLLER - Due to lack of space and therefore lack of USB slots, it would be beneficial if there was an option to choose the PC connection mode, or some other way of using the Main USB PC connection to control VST's in other DAW's.

Currently I have no plans to use a second DAW, the MPC Software, as I already use MuLab. I have a long history of use with this and have no plans on changing. At present I am constantly having to swap USB cables in my PC despite having seven ports. As I need two for the MPC Live 2 and only one spare port. One for transferring content between the Live2 and one for using it as a MIDI controller.

Basically, and importantly, allow file transfers without needing to load the MPC Software in order to use the MPC Live2 as a controller for VST's in any other DAW via USB.

Thank you.
By KaoticShock Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:07 am
Savvy001 wrote:One feature i would like to see added is very simple.
Changeable Count In (preroll) length.

Because i do mostly real instrument recording, like drums, guitar & bass.
Having only 4 as a count in, is to short to really get into the groove of the metronome before the recording starts.
A groove always extends over 4 counts.
So akai please, make this simple adjustment so we all can choose how long we want the count in to be.

Go into metronome settings.
Turn on precount.
Set length. (max however long we want)
(Simple :-D )

THIS! Make it just like Ableton so that we can choose between 1,2, and 4 bars (and yes, custom length would be great!)
By HanHuman Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:55 am
Christov wrote:Only thing that I kinda miss is a way to visually align the padlayers with each other. Would be useful when layering drumsamples.

Ah like the offset section but with actual waveforms instead of generic bars yea. Would be a nice feature indeed.
By Christov Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:13 am
HanHuman wrote:
Christov wrote:Only thing that I kinda miss is a way to visually align the padlayers with each other. Would be useful when layering drumsamples.

Ah like the offset section but with actual waveforms instead of generic bars yea. Would be a nice feature indeed.

Yeah exactly that. Also a mono to stereo converter would be nice, but you can also fix that with a DAW so no biggie.
By misterflibble Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:05 pm
JoonasMatias wrote:2. The Grid screen. I feel that Akai should definetly update the tools in Grid screen. It feels so hard, rigid and limited to work with the midi notes. I can´t be without comparing it to Fl Studio, because that is where i moved from to Mpc. Fl Studio is so much more flexible to work with midi notes.
2.1 I think you should be able to pick all the midi notes without using the select box tool.

2.4 Then there could be a slicer(scissors) in Grid window too. So you can slice your long notes if you want to.

2.5 Then lastly but not insignificant, one thing that really bothers me in Grid window. If i example have 8bar sequence, and example 4beat drum track, then i go to Grid window and zoom in my 4 beat drum track to work with my midi notes. It is so annoying when the play head follows the sequence and not the track which i´m working with. The play head should be looping my 4 beat drum track and not the whole sequence!
IT DEFINETLY SHOULD BE ABLE TO LOOP THE SEQUENCE AND STILL HAVE ONE PLAY HEAD LOOPING YOUR TRACK IN GRID WINDOW! I so so much wish that kind of updates on the Grid view.

These are all in Force. I find the grid editor and clip editor (Force only) is vastly superior to the grid mode in MPC. What’s most annoying is that the OS for both the MPC and Force are the same so it shouldn’t be all that hard for Akai to unify the editors, which I’d have to imagine would lower their maintenance overhead as well.

You bring up a lot of other quality of life issues like FX ordering that drive us all crazy.
By Rank31 Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:14 pm
A very small request.

I like the Drumsynth plugin a lot. It's really good.

With multiple drumsynth plugin, it would be cool if we could select one of the 8 instruments tweaking page by simply pressing one of its associated pad. Same principle than with Drum Programs.

Thanks
By kiddles Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:47 am
Not sure if this has been requested, I'd imagine it must have been. But even if so I would like to add my request for it anyhow heh.

It would be great if there was either an MPC2000/XL era step sequencer mode, or the list edit allowed you to step sequence like this. I honestly thought that's what list edit was before getting my hands on the Live.

So basically a way to step through the list edit by whatever chosen TC and add notes, velocity, pitch etc etc, the same as you could on older models, instead of the step needing to exist beforehand for it to be editable.

The MPC 2k sequencer is possibly my favourite sequencer of all time, and I would absolutely LOVE to see something along those lines implemented, as it's insanely good for deep editing (which is most of what I do). Especially since when you step through, it plays/triggers whatever is on that step, and everything is immediately accessible and really accurately editable.

Hope this makes sense haha.
By Genereal G Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:54 pm
All
I would like is to be able to cut copy and paste on the track level just like on the sequencer level.....
By kiddles Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:06 am
Genereal G wrote:All
I would like is to be able to cut copy and paste on the track level just like on the sequencer level.....

If you mean midi note data/ automation etc, you already can, but confusingly you do it from the sequencer pen tool icon, not the track one. Use copy >events, and edit >erase.. No cut as such, but same deal.