MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By semar Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:57 am
I would like to have the possibility to send a program change to an external device by pressing a pad. This event should also be recorded inside the sequencer (when in record mode). At the moment we do can send midi program changes to external devices, but only:
- at the beginning of a midi track (static program change)
- using an event list that has to be edited by hand.

As a compromise, since we have actually the Q-Link-Buttons that can send midi Control Change messages, would be an alternative if these buttons could also send midi Program Changes and not only CC.

Thanks for your attention
Sergio
By enzyme Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:57 am
Probably been mentioned before many times, but I would really like an option to set a 'default' target for saving options, we all know its not wise to save to the internal storage but every time I save something, the browser is already looking at the internal stuff instead of the SD.
By Lampdog Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:25 pm
My X saves to the spot I loaded from.

New project, I load some stuff, create a project folder on hdd, save it all there, after that X saves there when I save.
By droctii Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:15 am
Totally daydreaming here. But ..

Wouldn't it be cool to have a Vocal Remover and Extractor?

Of course, this would be a non-real time process. Having 2-3 presets to choose from and a preview function to hear what they sound like before committing to a preset would be nice too.
By tritata Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:20 am
I'd like to have drum kit pad looping or latching for one shot samples: single pad press for infinite sample looping, may be another press stop it.

Or/and dedicated effects rack at least for each column of clip program (for each pad completely).
By ck4000 Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:23 pm
I wish Akai would implement a step record feature for the grid mode

Here is my suggestion:

Akai MPC Step Record in Grid Mode

Press Record

- + and Data Dial can be used to move playhead forwards and backwards by selected TC value

enter notes with pads as required

to delete a note move the playhead to the start of the note you want to delete hold shift and hit the pad.

alternatively there could be a mode where you press a pad once to enter the note and if you press the pad again at the same position it will delete it.
By colonyrecords Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:26 am
My older MPC had this but the ability to use a foot switch to press the Rec button on the Live 2. That way the hands don’t have to move from the keyboard. I know the live 2 doesn’t have a foot switch port but maybe some midi cc mapping to the record button.
By PRAYTHEPO Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:04 pm
By default Send/ Return channels are POST-fader.

1) Would be nice to have option to choose Pre/Post fader for Send/Return channels.
Sometimes i want to lower volume of Program itself, but let the reverb on Send channel to fill the space.
Also for some people it is much easier to mix with this option available.

2} Option for soloing Send/Return channels. I see S icon on Send channel's block, but cant make it solo.