MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Oortone Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:39 pm
Suggestion added to Navigation section:

Better bar navigation in Step Edit mode. Selectable and bigger bar indicator. Bar change by encoder when selected.

In step edit it's not very convenient when needing to jump between bars quickly. The tiny touch selector is unconfortable and the tiny bar indication is definitely tiny.
By Mina Lord Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:35 am
Using an Akai MPC Live for a couple of months now and I am missing a few things to make it work better:

1. an LFO „Module“ that you can insert onto an FX and that is free for you to assign to control any parameter you like. (Please!!!)

2.It would be nice to select a Range of tracks and copy them within the same sequence or even to other sequences in order. For instance select Track 1-3 in one go, and then move it to be track 6-8 in the same sequence or into another. When I want to rearrange my projects for live use it is really annoying that you have to copy and paste every track single. In general the copy functions and anything that you need to quickly re-arrange you project are a bit slow especially in stand alone

3. like many already said - it would be nice to drag midi onto a midi track for a drum program etc and not creating a new sequence every time

4. in the Track mute section the Track Group function is nice but not really useful I think in a live set. If you were able to assign the single tracks to the groups and have the groups easily accessible, without having to choose if you use single track mute or track group mute, you could create nice set ups that let you mute all the hihats (Track group) but just as quickly activate one of them again.

5. I understand the choice of red and yellow in the track mute section to signify the state of the Track but for quick visual Organisation in a live situation it would be nice to choose your own colors so you can color in kickdrum different from hihat Track etc.
By Beatless Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:23 pm
Hi folks.
One big wish of me is a Doepfer Dark Time Style Sequencer mode :worthy:
So I could draw a line in gridmode and could control/ sequence external gear via CV or MIDI.
By BogdanOctav Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:31 pm
I'd subscribe to this feature request mentioned before:
- Give back the ability to mute a track and still play it.
Please: A favorites checkbox for samples and programs
And a User Preset list for all of the plugins (currently, only the Bassline has a user tab. All af them should have one, as I rarely like the presets)
Hope someone at AKAI is reading this.
Or do they rather read on gearslutz?
By bliprock Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:42 pm
I did say it is not a good idea to name CCs, but in retrospect it would be good. Only cos it is not even clear what CC is inserted in automation. I mean you can count them, learn them or know them, but they drop the CC number and can be a hassle. But I dunno, I use a lot of external gear and naming them is ok I guess. So I take that back whoever it was suggesting it. Program dependant of course. I stick to a format, but if I haven't used an piece of external gear in ages and I load the preset program for the CCs set to Qlinks (cos that is how I save presets for CCs) it can take a bit to remember even after following a format. not a big deal but be nice or at least show the CC number in the insert of Edit list window at least. Good that they are under the Qlinks though, that's good.

OK the next one is kinda obvious as I have been bitching about it a lot. Automation of mutes recorded in record standby mode, not just count in. FFS :)

Oh and fix the Solo bug. but hey its also kinda fun being able to solo more than one track in a way too but yeah it is broken.
By bliprock Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:49 pm
Mpcbird wrote:I would like the ability to save user/custom chord groups as progressions in Standalone mode.

err you can.. I have used it. Or am I not getting what you mean

Also I like the idea of being able to rearrange effects order, just drag them around. Saves you saving them first and removing them then adding them back, that is a great idea.. just drag them around would be brilliant.

Oh and yeah and as always - Invert phase of sample in sample edit. Needed that today even.
By Ultros Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:18 pm
I'd like to see a virtual euro-synth with interchangable components and virtual buses so the synth component isn't so static. If users had the ability to configure their own virtual synth designs i think that would put a lot of peoples requests on the softsynths to bed. We dont require a billion synths just one thats highly flexible.

By T-Monk Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:16 am
It would be great if the arpeggio patterns and rhythms were available for drum programs.

It would also be great if you could save user patterns and rhythms on the standalone unit.

It would be like note repeat on steroids!
By Lampdog Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:12 am
T-Monk wrote:It would also be great if you could save user patterns and rhythms on the standalone unit.

Pattern is called sequence on some gear.
Save sequence.
By Genereal G Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:29 am
On the Track level: All of the edit features from the sequence level....also the copy functions.

I need to edit down to the track level, and it is difficult, I have to go to # to finish editing that I need....

#EasyButton
By Genereal G Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:27 am
Also Import Midi to tack option instead of only to sequence......
Eg..I may have a sequence already going and may want to add a midi pattern to a sound on a new track....
By bitermc Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:19 am
Ultros wrote:I'd like to see a virtual euro-synth with interchangable components and virtual buses so the synth component isn't so static. If users had the ability to configure their own virtual synth designs i think that would put a lot of peoples requests on the softsynths to bed. We dont require a billion synths just one thats highly flexible.

Agree. Adding some sort of modular or semi-modular softsynth would open a whole new world...
By T-Monk Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:45 pm
Lampdog: Pattern is called sequence on some gear.
Save sequence.

I mean saving user sequences and patterns to the in-built arpeggiator for use with the real-time arpeggiator.

The arpeggiator can do rhythms and patterns for key group instruments, but has a limited amount of patterns and sequences pre-programmed to chose from. It would be great if you could add to that.

It would also be great if you could use patterns and sequences in the arpeggiator for drum programs.
By Monotremata Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:58 pm
Only thing I want from 3.0 nowadays is a Z sampler like the MPC4000 had in it, and fix the damn Network MIDI app so I can sync to Logic and use Ableton again without MIDI cables! Some sort of USB 8 channel output expansion (or CV/Gates) would be nice but not gonna hold my breath for that.