MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:14 pm
Just Fix the Track Mute Behavior back to normal. Make it easier to shift Tracks/Effect Slots around. Oh....I doubt if this will happen...Boost up the Standalone Timestretch Algorithm
By Seedylee Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:52 pm
A track “Fill to Sequence Length” option. Essentially, if you have a set of tracks that loop of different lengths within a sequence, a one touch operation to expand each track to the length of the sequence. This would aid in recording track mutes and avoids the need for “Song Mode” to do the same, or having to manually enter in bars and beats when copying data track by track.

• Similar options for handling sustain pedal recording to the MPC 1000

• Show both bars and beats and hh:mm:ss as time bases in the main display

• When recording a loop, set the BPM of the recorded loop to be the Tempo of the project, not the auto detected tempo (by definition, the loop has to be the same bpm as the project)

• Ability to place recorded loops directly into a clip program - and create the associate event to trigger it in the sequence.

• Fix clips playing when changing sequences

• Handle track mutes properly for looping tracks - they should be recorded at the sequence level, not the track level
By lobit Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:06 pm
I would like to see autosampler expanded with a manual mode for sampling non-midi or acoustic instruments, have it prompt you for the next note and create keymap automatically.

midi slave sync is STILL not 100% tight. akai needs to fix this before anything else
By ANTIKLVN Fri May 14, 2021 8:52 pm
When moving around in GRID EDIT with SHIFT+EVENT it would be super useful if that note where playhead moves was selected (highlighted) automatically. Editing would become much faster.
By 83dude Mon May 17, 2021 12:16 am
firelight wrote:Add 12bit and 8bit to recording bit depth and bounce bit depth.
Add sampling frequency option with 26KHz (recording freq and bounce freq).

Why? If sampled properly, a conversion would be easy…
By ANTIKLVN Mon May 17, 2021 5:19 pm
ANTIKLVN wrote:When moving around in GRID EDIT with SHIFT+EVENT it would be super useful if that note where playhead moves was selected (highlighted) automatically. Editing would become much faster.

This feature is targeted for MPC X. I would consider this really useful.
By ANTIKLVN Mon May 17, 2021 8:16 pm
BeatWilson wrote:me2. i dig that shift event idea.

I have been thinking and waiting it A LOT! It would make editing so much faster than using a LIST EDIT.
When i play drums in to seq i mostly do it by one take (BD+ghost BD/SD/HH/OHH/RD/CH) and usually i explode drum track only if I'm going to finish that beat. For me LIST EDIT is not the fastest and most comfortable way to edit.

This feature would make super easy to visually see what note I'm editing without calculating and goin back and forth moving parts that I was not ment to.
By peabreu Sun May 23, 2021 11:53 am
Mute vs unmute color scheme programable, at least allow for lit vs unlit for mutes would be great. Also, stability when working with CVs.
By jpeg Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:28 pm
Agree with having different sample rates that would be good

I would like them to do a built in tape emulation on the audio tracks; im thinking something like the OP1 where u have a virtual tape that you can over dub and perform various tape effects

vsts in standalone would be dope

they gotta do something about browsing large folders the shit is not user friendly at all

also should have access to the factor sample when connected by usb so I can delete the built in samples and there should be an option to uninstall the tube synth and those other trash instruments that is bloating up the OS.
By firelight Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:29 am
- Set global track name (track name is used for all sequences).
- Set global track instrument (instrument is used on that track for all sequences).
- Midi track AB comps. Or a way to easily backup and compare a midi track.
- Very minor filesystem operations so you can copy files/folders to and from sd card and internal drive. So you can install expansions without connecting to computer.
By bitermc Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:14 am
firelight wrote:- Set global track name (track name is used for all sequences).
- Set global track instrument (instrument is used on that track for all sequences).
- Midi track AB comps. Or a way to easily backup and compare a midi track.
- Very minor filesystem operations so you can copy files/folders to and from sd card and internal drive. So you can install expansions without connecting to computer.

I agree on all the points.

I would also add lead tracks on top of the concatenated sequences. Any hardware sequencer since 1990 has these.