MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Straker Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:57 pm
Oscar South wrote:I'd like some visual feedback/display metering options that can be viewed full screen:

Spectrum analyser
Spectrogram
Vectorscope
Pitch metering

+1 for spectrum analyzer

Something like vst Span, with slope and release
By Straker Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:59 pm
Oscar South wrote:
Straker wrote:- audio over usb. Basically sending all tracks separately through usb to a computer multitrack. This would allow us to record a project in real time in standalone into separate track so we can mix it properly and master it on computer.

- Macros on qlinks (assign more parameters to the same qlink).

- Modulation matrix (like Microfreak) and more LFO destinations.

That's it.
If Akai makes these three points, Mpc can be really called a PRO instrument.

Unreal requests

Why unreal?
Audio over usb exists.
The others are just a matter of coding.
Not so hard to make them at the end.
By 40Beatz Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:42 pm
Change Ordering of Tracks (Move Track Feature)
By e-Brainz Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:59 pm
Ability to only output to headphones. It feels weird that this isn't a feature.

This mostly with the One in mind, which is the most popular in bedrooms and amateur home studios everywhere. The X already has hardware controls for this. The Lives are about portability but I am sure a lot of them spend a lot of time attached to home setups too.
By Andrew’s_Sound_Odyssey Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:20 pm
It would be great to add:

- 1st, 2nd and 3rd chord inversions when using the pad perform mode! This would really expand the sonic range for creating songs and textures.

- the ability to hold a button to select multiple samples to add/erase. This would help for downloading samples into a program and would help tremendously when working sample maintenance within a song.
By Monotremata Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:24 pm
How about some CRASH RECOVERY options? The thing seems to 'recover from an internal error' enough you would think Akai would've implemented some sort of recovery..
Ableton and Logic both do it when they crash in the middle of a project. Apparently the Force does it (I think anyways), why not the MPC?
By ace_of_dub Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:26 pm
e-Brainz wrote:Ability to only output to headphones. It feels weird that this isn't a feature.

This mostly with the One in mind, which is the most popular in bedrooms and amateur home studios everywhere. The X already has hardware controls for this. The Lives are about portability but I am sure a lot of them spend a lot of time attached to home setups too.

Depending on how the electronics are built that might not be physically possible to do that. If you need multiple outputs then either get an external soundcard or the LIVE II.
By e-Brainz Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:08 pm
ace_of_dub wrote:Depending on how the electronics are built that might not be physically possible to do that. If you need multiple outputs then either get an external soundcard or the LIVE II.

As far as I can tell, the Live II is the same as the One in this regard.

To be clear: I am just talking about regular headphone use, not a roundabout way to get extra outputs and the benefits that come with them. Just separate volume controls (or mute) for the master out and headphones out. If it isn't physically possible, so be it.
By Straker Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:22 am
I would be happy if I could assign qlinks to subgroups insert effects. Not a feature request but a bug fix.
And as a feature, I would be happy to be able to assign different parameters to the same qlink so I could change them all together with just a qlink.
By hyena Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:02 pm
-ability to record notes while the sequencer is stopped like on jjos2xl: hit rec or overdub without hitting play or playstart, hit pads to enter notes, use jogwheel to enter pauses\navigate the grid. this might seem trivial but it can speed up the creation of fast intricate beats you can't possibly play by hands and is faster than using the pencil in grid mode.
-full fledged sustain loop tools for keygroups and drum programs like jjos2xl: ability to set a proper sustain loop with independent loop start and end, with a dedicated view mode that shows the end of the loop and the beginning of the loop side by side so you can ensure that the waveform is seamless (like in jjos2xl or native instruments Kontakt)
-time signature for every sequence in main window like ALL older mpc's (this is a must: it's incredible that a serious musical feature like this got dumped in the new line of mpc's)