MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By zangetsu01 Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:10 pm
bees80 wrote:
Droe33 wrote:Its about getting a timeline, a proper daw timeline....

Hmm, a proper daw timeline on a screen as big as an iphone.

Might want to shrink your hands first...

Seems to work on the Force and everybody loves it.. :smoker:
By CharlesRandolph Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:49 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Seems to work on the Force and everybody loves it.. :smoker:

Soon they'll realize how unproductive it is. Screen real estate is 100% important for features like this. It's one reason why more and more people are using 46inch + TV as timeline editing monitors. :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:00 pm
A couple of adds and fixes. I could list more, but I'll be here for a long time. :lol: theses are things I use in actually session and things that I would use on the daily.

Small feature request:

- Add Batch Normalizing
- Add QWERTY keyboard shortcuts/functions (Use the arrow key or space bar to play.)
- Give the ability to MIDI learn from any screen.
- Give to the ability to save MIDI LEARN setups as a user preset like we can do with effects.
- Give the MPC a MONO/STEREO out switch.
- Allow the users to select which files to export.
- Give ability to change the Bar Clock to Time and Samples
- Give ability to reorder effects.
- Easily change Time Signature

Small correction list:
- Give back the ability to mute a track and still play it.
- Stop exporting a blank Audio File, when exporting stems.
- Copy Sequence: If copying seq 1, the copy should be named the following seq 2. If there is
already a seq 2, then name it seq 3. The Same things goes for Track Copy.

- Sample Edit>Process>Last Process>Select Functions (should be) Sample Edit>Process>Select Functions
By bbow73 Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:28 pm
Hi, I just posted this on gearslutz, it would be good to know in advance if a manufacturer listens to customers before doing a lot of work.

Since Akai does some significant updates on the MPCs an easy experiment would to be for a lot of people to ask for something simple and see if anything happens.

My proposal, ask for a pitch envelope:
https://www.akaipro.com/support
By theSuttyman Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:18 pm
hellnegative wrote:I use a plethora of hardware in my setup. Memorizing CC numbers is great. However, it would be way easier if we could simply rename the CC's on the MPC Live, One, X, and Force. Then reorganize them.

Another idea would be start with a blank page, click a "+" symbol to add. Then set the CC value sent and rename that knob with the ability to place it on a grid.

Scrolling through all of the pages to record automation is a headache currently.

Being able to rename CC#'s by Midi Program would be a huge help in Programing Automation. It would be super dope to have the MPC X OLED's on the Q-Links read out Filter instead of CC#103, there's too much to remember when you have multiple pieces of gear that use different CCs for different functions.
By jamos Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:48 pm
I don't know if Akai ever reads this thread but in hopes... here are some simple things that would help.

- Ability to copy/paste automation/CC data just like notes
- In the confirmation dialogs for deleting samples/files/etc, please show the name of the sample/file/etc. about to be deleted.
- Allow deletion of unused programs without messing around with disc files.
- Improved editing for automation/cc data - smoothing and thinning features at the very least, high-res editing mode?
- List Edit Insert feature - the dialog should remember and default to the last data type inserted, which would vastly simplify the creation of repeated events.
- Ability to select all events in a track for copy/paste
- Ability to select non-contiguous regions/events (shift-click?)
- Multiple user templates?
- File date/time display
- Since the Internal drive is not supposed to be used for storing user data, it should be hidden in the file system!
- Clean up the schizophrenic file save/load UI. A single place to do all this rather than multiple inconsistent methods
- Speed-load projects via MIDI program changes; allow user assign a folder as the MIDI Program Change Load folder and load from there in alphabetical/,numeric correspondence to the program change message (PG 00 loads "aardvark", etc)
By mpcchiq Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:43 am
A back button for the user interface. Not meaning undo, but a button to go back on the screen.

Maybe we can use shift + left direction button
?
By bliprock Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:16 am
I only really see a few things I agree with here lately. I dunno like the CC data copy idea is great but I think renaming all CCs is a bit meh for me even with a lot of synths.
INVERT PHASE, why isn't it in there, and yeah need that.

I think shift and pad should be used to jump to piano roll, grid Xy etc. Then you can get to any screen and any track real quick with other shortcuts.

- Ability to select non-contiguous regions/events (shift-click?) from Jamos is a good one. I mean I tried exactly this combo and went hmm that is a shame that aint in there
By Neurone Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:42 pm
Arrange mode.
By stereografika Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:39 pm
In the previous firmware version, it was possible to use Q-link knobs and data dial knob at the same time. It is very handy when changing the sequence and setting the parameters of an effect. Now it is not possible. BRING THIS FEATURE BACK!!!
By wavejockey Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:18 pm
MPC X , horizontal zoom in GRID mode is not working very smooth ;
it always zooms to an area that you are NOT working in
(so you need to use the horizontal scroll -which is painstakingly slow- to center the screen again to your working area)
independent running or not
maybe better to start/lock the zoom to the LEFT of the screen and extend the RIGHT when zooming
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when applying an edit through MAIN, pencil,
the screen always returns to MAIN
i thought it better to stay on the edit screen, so you can apply/try multiple consecutive edits fast(er)