MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ANTIKLVN Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:00 pm
Still with MPC X i would like to have possibility to pick/select notes with cursor keys on grid mode. This should be there and is a no brainer.

Also a key combination to get in grid mode. I could not care less for working with the touch screen.
By artemusprime Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:55 pm
Another request from me! I'd like the pad mutes to work per sequence. Currently, track mutes work per sequence independently, which is nice when building a track in song mode. I'd like the ability to mute just one pad, for example a snare in a drum program, for the first sequence only and then unmute that pad for the second sequence. A workaround for me is to use two of the same drum programs, and mute the pads I don't want for the first one, while the second one is muted, in the first sequence. For the second sequence, the second drum program is unmuted with all the pads unmuted in it, and the first one is muted.
By artemusprime Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:14 pm
And can I please have the time signature easily selectable somewhere in the Sequence window, maybe beside the BPM counter. There's a very strange workaround I found where I have to use 'Insert Bars', then select the time signature I want, make the 'Before Bar' equal to 1, click 'Do It', go back to the main sequence and rewind 'Bars' to 1 for some reason. After that I can increase the number of bars and the sequence will have the correct time signature but this is very convoluted! When I first got the machine I assumed it can only work in 4/4 but it's not the case.
Last edited by artemusprime on Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By NobodyImportant Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:45 pm
When in grid mode I frequently need to be able to select multiple notes at once (like a whole chord). I get dragging select around notes. What if I need the first, third, and fourth notes of a four note chord? Can I please hold down shift and select multiple notes?
By jabberwalky Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:30 pm
NobodyImportant wrote:When in grid mode I frequently need to be able to select multiple notes at once (like a whole chord). I get dragging select around notes. What if I need the first, third, and fourth notes of a four note chord? Can I please hold down shift and select multiple notes?

Additionally, allow external midi controllers to select note lanes. Using the pads for chromatic keyboard based programs is confusing and weird.
By enzyme Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:07 pm
Copy/paste sections of automation please! :nod:

And as an extension of that, copy/paste steps and their locked parameters. And copy/paste bars/sections in step mode too...
By jabberwalky Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:53 pm
Bipolar modulation amounts in the program editing settings. For example, sometimes I want to have reverse keyboard>filter amounts, so the top end is softer than the bass end.
By artemusprime Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:34 pm
It would be great if a solo button showed up per track when pressing and holding the Main button, when selecting tracks. Sometimes I'm in a plugin program and want to solo it quickly without leaving the program.
By enzyme Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:33 pm
jabberwalky wrote:Bipolar modulation amounts in the program editing settings. For example, sometimes I want to have reverse keyboard>filter amounts, so the top end is softer than the bass end.

This would make a huge difference, and the current LFO is pretty basic with no negative depth and only 4 destinations.

So more LFO settings too please! (bipolar values, start phase, more destinations)
By Monotremata Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:29 pm
enzyme wrote:
jabberwalky wrote:Bipolar modulation amounts in the program editing settings. For example, sometimes I want to have reverse keyboard>filter amounts, so the top end is softer than the bass end.

This would make a huge difference, and the current LFO is pretty basic with no negative depth and only 4 destinations.

So more LFO settings too please! (bipolar values, start phase, more destinations)

The LFO IS bipolar but you have no real control over it. It always starts at "0" and goes up then goes back down to its negative half and back up again. Id love to have the options in my EMU. Here you can set the LFO to go from 0 to the top and back to 0, or you can set it to go bipolar, but can also adjust the amount positive or negative of where it starts and how much.. A mod matrix would rock too, been asking for one of those for almost 2 years now.

And while we're at it, make the filter envelope go positive and negative just like the pitch envelope does.
By Straker Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:28 pm
- audio over usb. Basically sending all tracks separately through usb to a computer multitrack. This would allow us to record a project in real time in standalone into separate track so we can mix it properly and master it on computer.

- Macros on qlinks (assign more parameters to the same qlink).

- Modulation matrix (like Microfreak) and more LFO destinations.

That's it.
If Akai makes these three points, Mpc can be really called a PRO instrument.
By Oscar South Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:29 pm
Straker wrote:- audio over usb. Basically sending all tracks separately through usb to a computer multitrack. This would allow us to record a project in real time in standalone into separate track so we can mix it properly and master it on computer.

- Macros on qlinks (assign more parameters to the same qlink).

- Modulation matrix (like Microfreak) and more LFO destinations.

That's it.
If Akai makes these three points, Mpc can be really called a PRO instrument.

Unreal requests
By e-Brainz Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:40 pm
The ability to use a hardware button to go back a menu when you are in a sub-menu that is entered and navigated with the main encoder (for example when navigating plugin presets).

Touch screen aside, these menus are navigated using the main encoder. However in order to go back a level you have to use the back button on the touch screen. The minus button seems like an ideal candidate for this.

Reasoning: Currently the plus and minus buttons duplicate the function of the main encoder when navigating a menu. I would bet that for the majority of users the encoder is much more preferable for scrolling through long lists. Being able to use the minus button as a back button would streamline browsing with the hardware controls without necessitating the use of the touch screen at all, instead complementing the function of the main encoder. The button is already tied to menus so it should be trivial to change.

It could also exit a menu completely without having to make a selection. On the One and the Live it is easy to just touch the corner of the screen, on the X you need to move your hand off the encoder to do that - from what I can see in photos.

I can't think of what the plus button could be doing, so it could just duplicate the encoder's click in case someone finds it more comfortable than pressing the encoder.

This would apply to all MPC models as they all share the encoder and +/- button cluster. The user quoted below with a similar suggestion presumably refers to the MPC X. For users that prefer the current functionality, it could always be a setting in the preferences.

mpcchiq wrote:A back button for the user interface. Not meaning undo, but a button to go back on the screen.

Maybe we can use shift + left direction button
?

A lot of people seem to have no use for the +/- buttons. They have been there from the start, maybe now they can have this optional alternate functionality. I don't know how a universal back button would mesh with the MPC workflow, but a back button for menus would definitely be useful.