MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Avasopht Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:49 pm
A few usability fixes:

1. Allow keyboard layouts configuration (US and UK keyboards aren't the same).
2. Default save folder (most people don't want to save to internal) ... and just in general making it harder to accidentally save on the internal drive.
3. Option for Q-link knob double-tap to show values on the screen (as an alternative to show when knob is touched).
By Lancerben Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:56 am
Why can't I use two instances of the MPC plug in in my Daw (cubase 12) ? What is the deal with that ? My roland synth all can do multiple instances no problem (I can run a ton of them at the same time). Am i missing anything ? I need to be able to multitrack the MPC through my DAW . There are a lot of sounds I like on my MPC keys 61 I bought a few expansions now I realize I can't use them in the daw. Other than maybe using it in standalone mode via midi but last time I tried that it was super buggy. This is a huge limitation...
By 83dude Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:18 am
You can use it als multi-out instrument as long as your DAW can handle that. In plugin mode, the „outputs“ for programs, returns etc. serve as virtual outs that can be handled by your DAW’s tracks and busses as inputs. No problems in Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton Live. Other ones… :hmmm:
By Lancerben Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:56 am
83dude wrote:You can use it als multi-out instrument as long as your DAW can handle that. In plugin mode, the „outputs“ for programs, returns etc. serve as virtual outs that can be handled by your DAW’s tracks and busses as inputs. No problems in Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton Live. Other ones… :hmmm:

I know that. Not in any way intuitive. No template for this.. Found one in aftermarket. But that's not what I'm looking for... The mpc can be setup a single instrument that's it... Then the rest is all audio inputs... I wanted to be able to edit my midi in my daw because it's a lot easier than in the mpc software.

I gave up using it as a plugin. I put keyboard in standalone mode and configured via a USB midi adapter. Last time I tried it wasn't stable but I was on a different firmware now on The latest and so far so good... It's not ideal though as I need to setup a sequence in the mpc separately that I have to recall. Lots can go wrong. I can't recall patches from the daw because akai makes it difficult to interact outside of its own environment.

I finally got my midi to work good.. So far but I haven't made anything complex on the daw using the mpc yet so we'll see.. I'm very skeptical now. I always hit a wall with the mpc (mpc keys 61).
I made a very complex song a few weeks ago all on the mpc with many vocal layers Chorus rapping etc... I lost all my Chorus and layers but rap still there...
Very frustrating. The samples are still there but not it's in the sequence anymore.

This is why I'm trying to get the daw thing going because I really like the sounds on my mpc but I hate the instability and bugs.
By Bradley Smith Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:44 pm
You can't have multiple instances of the MPC because there is only one instance of it, but hopefully I can see what you're aiming for:

You can setup multiple instruments on your MPC, each having its own MIDI channel. Then you can have up to 16 tracks in your DAW, each outputting to the MPC but each on a different MIDI channel. Your MPC will then play each track simultaneously under the direction of your DAW.

That ^^ is a really odd way to use an MPC but it's a versatile bit of kit so why not!? If I misunderstood then please write back because I'm really interested in using things in odd ways. My setup includes an Amiga running Music-X as my sequencer sometimes :-)
By eLuSiVeMiTe Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:11 pm
When assigning samples in program edit.

Why when I set for eg. Sample 07kick to pad 1
Then switch to pad 2 doesn't the sample start from 07kick

Coming from jjos2xl I could click next pad. Scroll up one. Click next scroll up one and populate the bank quickly and easily.

Assigning 80 odd samples last night was tedious.
By Lancerben Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:58 am
It has probably been asked before but this is a pain...we need to be able to move the insert effect order in standalone mode. It works in mpc software though... I waste a lot of time redoing the effects order in standalone mode.
By Lancerben Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:37 am
Bradley Smith wrote:You can't have multiple instances of the MPC because there is only one instance of it, but hopefully I can see what you're aiming for:

You can setup multiple instruments on your MPC, each having its own MIDI channel. Then you can have up to 16 tracks in your DAW, each outputting to the MPC but each on a different MIDI channel. Your MPC will then play each track simultaneously under the direction of your DAW.

That ^^ is a really odd way to use an MPC but it's a versatile bit of kit so why not!? If I misunderstood then please write back because I'm really interested in using things in odd ways. My setup includes an Amiga running Music-X as my sequencer sometimes :-)

Yes that's how I tried to do it. I had issues with midi data causing hanging and crashes on the mpc so I had abandoned that route.. That was on an older firmware. I'm messing with it again now.. So far so good but I don't have a ton of instruments setup at the moment... We'll see. No obvious bug so far on 2.11.8
By Masi Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:34 pm
A configurable performance view/screen:

Each of the pads can be configured do one or more of:

mute, unmute or toggle mute of a track (MIDI or audio) or a submix
    trigger a pad of a drum or clip launch track
    use aftertouch to change plugin or FX parameters
    play a MIDI message of any kind
    convert aftertouch to MIDI CC messages (scaled)