MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By plule Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:13 pm
Hi,

A while ago I made a started a software aiming to automate creating keygroup programs from a set of samples. It never got further the "kind of usable" point, but I though it might be helpful. It takes a list of samples and create an appropriate program based on their root note.

You can download it here. There is not installer, just extract it. I've not tested at all the mac version. The source code is here.

To use it:
- Name your samples so that they all include their root note in midi number (0-127) or note (A1, D2, A#1, Ab1 ...). They must be all named the same way, like with the same prefix.
- Open a command line terminal in the folder where your samples are (on Windows explorer, file->open terminal or file->open powershell)
- Run the MPCIC-Cli, with the list of samples as argument. On Linux, you can use * to avoid typing all, on Windows it should work but does not for some reason. Let say you extracted the archive in your desktop, you can type:

C:\Users\myusername\Desktop\MPCIC\MPCIC.Cli.exe MELCEL-A2.WAV MELCEL-A3.WAV MELCEL-A4.WAV MELCEL-D3.WAV MELCEL-D4.WAV MELCEL-D5.WAV

Press enter and if you are lucky a new xpm file is created in this folder. You can directly load it in the MPC soft, live, x.

The archive is big (~26Mo) because I published it lazily, by bundling every libraries with it. If you have an error, let me know how you use it, especially the sample names.

I hope it helps!
Bymember04959388 Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:25 pm
Lampdog wrote:https://www.fmjsoft.com/awavestudio.html#main

Very interesting.
Does it work good?
Does it take a long number of samples and convert it automatically to a xpm?
By wavejockey Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:09 am
so the range of the keygroup is determined by how many (and which) samples are in the folder?

let's say i have C2 & C3 as .wav in the folder but i want my keygroup to center around it?

i really do like it when ppl post/compile LINUX, MS & Apple proggies - big thumbs §§!
By CharlesRandolph Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:51 am
plule wrote:Hi,

A while ago I made a started a software aiming to automate creating keygroup programs from a set of samples. It never got further the "kind of usable" point, but I though it might be helpful. It takes a list of samples and create an appropriate program based on their root note.

You can download it here. There is not installer, just extract it. I've not tested at all the mac version. The source code is here.

To use it:
- Name your samples so that they all include their root note in midi number (0-127) or note (A1, D2, A#1, Ab1 ...). They must be all named the same way, like with the same prefix.
- Open a command line terminal in the folder where your samples are (on Windows explorer, file->open terminal or file->open powershell)
- Run the MPCIC-Cli, with the list of samples as argument. On Linux, you can use * to avoid typing all, on Windows it should work but does not for some reason. Let say you extracted the archive in your desktop, you can type:

C:\Users\myusername\Desktop\MPCIC\MPCIC.Cli.exe MELCEL-A2.WAV MELCEL-A3.WAV MELCEL-A4.WAV MELCEL-D3.WAV MELCEL-D4.WAV MELCEL-D5.WAV

Press enter and if you are lucky a new xpm file is created in this folder. You can directly load it in the MPC soft, live, x.

The archive is big (~26Mo) because I published it lazily, by bundling every libraries with it. If you have an error, let me know how you use it, especially the sample names.

I hope it helps!

Hey is there anyway you can write a Windows 10 USB Driver for the MPC 4000? Here is the last known
Driver that Akai Pro made for Windows XP: https://www.akaipro.com/amfile/file/download/file/404/product/76/
By plule Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:13 pm
tiger001 wrote:so the range of the keygroup is determined by how many (and which) samples are in the folder?

let's say i have C2 & C3 as .wav in the folder but i want my keygroup to center around it?

i really do like it when ppl post/compile LINUX, MS & Apple proggies - big thumbs §§!

Yes, if you run it with C2&C3, it will create two keygroups ranged halfway between these notes.

CharlesRandolph wrote:Hey is there anyway you can write a Windows 10 USB Driver for the MPC 4000? Here is the last known
Driver that Akai Pro made for Windows XP: https://www.akaipro.com/amfile/file/download/file/404/product/76/

Not a chance sorry, I've no idea of it works and I don't have an MPC 4000.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:02 pm
plule wrote:Not a chance sorry, I've no idea of it works and I don't have an MPC 4000.

Any tips on how to get started on or reverse engineer the XP version. Not looking to sell it, just want to make it free, for those with an MPC 4000, so we can use Ak Sys with Windows 10.
By Lampdog Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:15 pm
I have a host pc, Win 10, I have WinXP VM and I also have an MPC 4k. I can help testing if you guys like.

@frisbi, look on the supported for ats list on that website. Pretty sure xpm is not there. Other akai formats are and newer mpc’s may read some of those as well.
I previously used it a lot for my 2kxl, 4k and Triton Extreme.
By plule Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:57 am
Oh ok :( . This week-end I'll try to make a simple "right-click on folder" -> "create program" feature for Windows to make it easier to use. I'll also build it for windows 7, but I don't have any available for testing.
By Scottio200 Fri May 29, 2020 2:13 pm
Hi Plule

I am trying this on macOS and if I specify 1 .wav file I get an xpm file, but if it try to specify a number of files or use a wildcard for *.wav I get an Object reference not set to an instance of an object error message.

Is it possible for the script to take a directory and convert its contents to an xpm file?
By Scottio200 Sun May 31, 2020 8:09 am
Another update, for some reason there are certain folders it just does not like, get the same error as before. However, all you need to do is add /*.wav and it then finds the files and works. There must be some hidden metadata files in the folders or something.

Oh, you also need to disable Gatekeeper on your mac to make this work, simple enough just run

sudo spctl --master-disable

but make sure you turn it back on afterwards!

sudo spctl --master-enable