MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Al Yeska Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:28 am
Oh my god, I'm pissed! False claims of goods in update. Only new digs are some janky AIR Fx, AAAAAND the version 2.4 causes a loss of Q-link functionality. No assigning, no use. It partially bricked my box. Fuggun shit.
By Fre$hBreath Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:57 am
Did you do a proper shutdown and reboot before you installed both the firmware and the software updates?
Bymember04959388 Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:56 am
Oh come on, I updated and all works like a charm.
I think you made something wrong.
By D3V1L15H Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:36 am
Al Yeska wrote:Oh my god, I'm pissed! False claims of goods in update. Only new digs are some janky AIR Fx, AAAAAND the version 2.4 causes a loss of Q-link functionality. No assigning, no use. It partially bricked my box. Fuggun ****.

Instead of coming in here like this and coming out your mouth all sideways, telling people not to install 2.4, why not consider YOU might be the only person, or one of few, that had these same update issues ... and search around, ask questions, AAAAAND try to troubleshoot first?
By sserpell Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:41 am
yeah for me to, love the new air efxs!!! getting further away from the computer, dont really need special vst reverbs now....
By JUKE 179r Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:58 am
Fake news... :lol:
By BKmpclive Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:17 am
The whole idea of updating the Q links was to gain control. 2.4 update has changed that to where you must now go to Q link edit area, rather than Q link hold (Mpc Live in this case) to access the mode menu at the bottom, to now you must go to menu Q link editing. UNINTUITIVE like hell. If you set the PROGRAM Qlink mode to your liking, but change tracks/program, you now lose your settings. So now you must go back to the Qlink edit area to set it for any additional tracks/program from now on. With already an unconventional mixer style that is like a puzzle when trying to mix intuitively, the Q link button hold to access mode changes was a brilliant solution. If you mixed this way, you never had to go to any mixer section (menu diving) to accomplish a mixing decision. Only for a few things like returns etc sis I ever even go to the mixer sections. It made mixing very fast. Now it's gone. If you do not work this way, that's fine, but Akai gave us this, we learned it, it worked, then they take it away. It's frustration to be forced to relearn a workflow in order to do what was accomplished easier with the button hold. Not everyone has the same workflow, so don't be so insisting that others should work as you do. Maybe your workflow is whack for all you know? Mixing is creative, and it is enhanced when you spend less time trying figure out how to do something, than to just be able to do it intuitively. UNDERSTAND? It's nice to have these new mixing tools (plugins), but I am not kissing Akai's ass over them, there was NO reason to ditch this function. no fake news here
By Fre$hBreath Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:47 pm
D3V1L15H wrote:
Al Yeska wrote:Oh my god, I'm pissed! False claims of goods in update. Only new digs are some janky AIR Fx, AAAAAND the version 2.4 causes a loss of Q-link functionality. No assigning, no use. It partially bricked my box. Fuggun ****.

Instead of coming in here like this and coming out your mouth all sideways, telling people not to install 2.4, why not consider YOU might be the only person, or one of few, that had these same update issues ... and search around, ask questions, AAAAAND try to troubleshoot first?

He's probably one of those lunatic MPC hating Maschine lovers from Facebook and Reddit... :fku:

J/k

I'm thinking in all the excitement he didn't install the software and firmware properly...
By Menco Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:21 pm
Recent research showed that improperly updated software is the main cause leading to a sandy vagina.
Bymember04959388 Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:32 pm
Yeah the attitude is very stupid, but he said something true.
Akai removed the momentary qlink possibility to switch qlink mode.
I also used it a lot when editing to jump fastly between project and screen mode.
Now that's gone, replaced by a green button that takes you to the qlink mode page and so its totally useless because you can get to that page faster with menu+pad.
Why did they remove it?
Its not a clever move.
But my friend, this update is HUGE and the new fx are really pro quality.
By rtofvnt Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:39 pm
Frisbi wrote:Yeah the attitude is very stupid, but he said something true.
Akai removed the momentary qlink possibility to switch qlink mode.
I also used it a lot when editing to jump fastly between project and screen mode.
Now that's gone, replaced by a green button that takes you to the qlink mode page and so its totally useless because you can get to that page faster with menu+pad.
Why did they remove it?
Its not a clever move.
But my friend, this update is HUGE and the new fx are really pro quality.

Completely agree with you. I'm specially happy with new reverb as the original, sorry to say that, was useless.
By marctronixx Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:41 pm
Perhaps AKAI had to remove this due to how the software needed to be re-written to add more features that the users want? Who knows why but the fact is its changed, just as you cats got used to the initial setup of the MPC, you will either adapt or die to this change. AKAI already have your money. :smoker: :popcorn:

Perhaps it is being re-written for a future minor update? Email them and express your concerns instead of complaining on an enthusiasts site.
By Japes01 Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:44 pm
Yeah I woul have least posted it as a question for help before fracking people out. You had me a little panicked for a sec. I use my Mpc mostly as a sequencer for my synths, so I immediately went to my Lives Qlink page and tested it with my Tempest, and although midi cc is limited, what does work with tempest worked the same as it did in 2.3......very nicely. The only issue I ever have with my mpc is that millisecond latency issue when recording audio from my midi tracks, and I have not tested to see if this has been eliminated yet, but I dont really care. I have my entire set up with my ipad cubasis as master clock, gets sent to my sbx 1 for perfect timing with everything, and then record the final stero out from my mixer into my iconnectivity to then capture audio again using Cubasis. So basically Dawless except for the master clock and to capture the audio. I do everything I can through my mpc and mixer and zero issues with 2.4.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:40 pm
Japes01 wrote:Yeah I woul have least posted it as a question for help before fracking people out. You had me a little panicked for a sec. I use my Mpc mostly as a sequencer for my synths, so I immediately went to my Lives Qlink page and tested it with my Tempest, and although midi cc is limited, what does work with tempest worked the same as it did in 2.3......very nicely. The only issue I ever have with my mpc is that millisecond latency issue when recording audio from my midi tracks, and I have not tested to see if this has been eliminated yet, but I dont really care. I have my entire set up with my ipad cubasis as master clock, gets sent to my sbx 1 for perfect timing with everything, and then record the final stero out from my mixer into my iconnectivity to then capture audio again using Cubasis. So basically Dawless except for the master clock and to capture the audio. I do everything I can through my mpc and mixer and zero issues with 2.4.

How do you use an iPad as a Masterclock, when it does not have word-clock, Adat, or digital outs?