MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
Bymember04959388 Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:09 pm
Danoc wrote:Holy Sh** yo the effects sound freakin dope in 2.4 air joints. OMG! :shock:
Yo l can now use the reverbs quickly when l do my drums. Dammmm

It even looks better thay the air effects used in Protools. Dammmmm

Oh snap l think l just had an MPC live orgasm! :? :shock:

Ah ah Mpc orgasm.
Very nice.
I am glad you like them.
Now everything changes, isn't it?
Go deep in Filter Gate, its absolutely fantastic.
By Danoc Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:19 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Lol Danoc. Only you could come up with this ****.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
By Danoc Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:52 pm
Frisbi wrote:
Ah ah Mpc orgasm.
Very nice.
I am glad you like them.

Yes sir! Im already making crazy joints. Artists are excited... Man its getting crazy! Im going to enjoy this. :smoker:
Bymember04959388 Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:36 pm
Danoc wrote:
Frisbi wrote:
Ah ah Mpc orgasm.
Very nice.
I am glad you like them.

Yes sir! Im already making crazy joints. Artists are excited... Man its getting crazy! Im going to enjoy this. :smoker:

Try to put some subtle modulation after reverb on send.
The Air reverb sounds a bit ordinary at the beginning but it becomes very interesting if you put something like phaser, flanger or autofilter afyer after it
By Danoc Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:45 pm
Frisbi wrote:Try to put some subtle modulation after reverb on send.
The Air reverb sounds a bit ordinary at the beginning but it becomes very interesting if you put something like phaser, flanger or autofilter afyer after it

Dude, what you think I'm here doing, biting on my toe nails? LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am using all that, I got a joint with some slight modulation and reverb with chorus and spread wide, and then I detuned the sound and reversed it. OMG :shock:

Let me shut up I am talking to much lol :lol: The whole thing to the MPC Live is playing with different effects, I even made a mistake that turned out to be dope! :smoker:
Bymember04959388 Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:30 pm
Danoc wrote:
Frisbi wrote:Try to put some subtle modulation after reverb on send.

Dude, what you think I'm here doing, biting on my toe nails? LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am using all that, I got a joint with some slight modulation and reverb with chorus and spread wide, and then I detuned the sound and reversed it. OMG :shock:

Let me shut up I am talking to much lol :lol: The whole thing to the MPC Live is playing with different effects, I even made a mistake that turned out to be dope! :smoker:

Great.
Air fx are like modular fx, they ask you to chain the **** up.
By Danoc Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:05 pm
Frisbi wrote:Great.
Air fx are like modular fx, they ask you to chain the **** up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
By 40Beatz Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:46 pm
The AIR Kill EQ is a Monster. Easy to Filter Frequencies while boosting levels!
By Danoc Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:51 am
40Beatz wrote:The AIR Kill EQ is a Monster. Easy to Filter Frequencies while boosting levels!

I agree. Really dope. That compressor graphics of the levels going up and down look HOT !
By DokBrown Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:41 pm
Grown man talk here, so I am just going to sit & listen ;-)
By DokBrown Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:56 pm
Mukiw wrote:You realize you can put the same sample/delete the sample on 128 pads in about 2 seconds, right?

I’m talking about using the pad mixer to make programs filled with different fx on each pad in order to sound mangle the audio file of your choice. Then you save that audio file as a new sample.

Loading the audio file is just so you can hear what processing sounds like on each individual pad. Then you delete all audio from the program so you can load it up and use it on whichever sounds you like.

I’ve already found an even quicker way to do it than I mentioned in the first example.

Another idea (in Order to save memory on projects) -

Create an empty Program named “Main”. Go to pad mixer, pad A1 and stick a Air Channel strip on the first insert. Go back to the main window, press copy, copy A1 to all 127 other pads.

Now when you load other programs - lets say you have a program full of kick drums but there’s only 1 or 2 kicks you really want to use out of the whole kick program - go to the sample you want, sample edit, assign, assign slice to pad, pad A1, program “Main”. This way you can just work within side one program, delete the kick program, purge your unused samples and have eq/compression ready loaded in every pad of your program. You could take this idea as far as you wanted with the other 3 insert slots too.

genius
By DokBrown Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:00 pm
Mukiw wrote:This might be common knowledge but I thought I’d share this (this was always available but wasn’t as usable until recently due to these better fx) -

Create a drum program or clip program (depending on which you prefer for this)

Load an audio file of your choice to ALL pads

Go into pad mixer - select pad A1 - select a freq shifter (for the purposes of this example but can be any plugin). Select first preset

Go into pad mixer - select pad A2 - select freq shifter. Select second preset.

Keep continuing like this up to A16 or for as long as you want.

Now you have 16 + fx variantions.

Go back to the main clip/drum program page -

Select All pads

Remove the sample from all the pads

Save the drum/clip program as “freq shifter”

You can now load this fx program whenever you want and process any audio file you desire with it.

This will be even better when (if) the Live gets the Force’s time stretch algorithms too.

GZA