MPC X & MPC Live Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X & MPC Live, Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Dj Bo Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:51 pm
Cnote734 wrote:Flattening pad with effects causese Mpc x to crash,and it happens all the time,anyone had this problem.... had the Same problem with 2.3 update and still the same problem with 2.4.....

Hi,
maybe it’s this: try deactivating input 3 (and input 3-4 stereo inputs) and then try to flatten a pad with fx. I have an MPCX and it only crashed a couple of times and that happened while flattening pads. I found out that if i don’t use 3 or 3-4 as inputs it doesn’t crash. I did it a couple of times. For me it’s not a problem because I rarely use flatten pad. So I didn’t bother to report a bug (if it’s a bug). When I flatten, I just disable input 3 and 3-4 (select another input for audio tracks, maybe also looper).
It doesn’t happen with input 4, so it’s something with input 3. Maybe it’s the hardware, i don’t know.
Standalone MPCX 2.3
Greets.
B
By Caustic Yoda Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:55 pm
How do we re-install factory content to fix screen lag? and will we have to have the ugly start up menu with demo projects etc?
By Yorgos Arabatzis Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:25 am
You have to contact AKAI support to send you the 8GB zip file containing the factory content.Then copy the folder onto an SD/SSD/Flash drive and put it in your MPC X or Live while its switched off then turn it on so it copies the original factory files and settings onto the MPC.

Caustic Yoda wrote:How do we re-install factory content to fix screen lag? and will we have to have the ugly start up menu with demo projects etc?
By vwkountz Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:47 pm
I just noticed one nagging issue. If I go into sample
edit and it's in chop mode (sample with no chops) then adjust the start or end, but realize I needed to be in trim mode. The discard option in the process menu goes away. It comes back after exiting to main menu then going back to sample edit. I reported it, but that is the only thing I noticed.
By 40Beatz Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:18 pm
It has to be set to 'All' in the Slice Field, in the Trim mode, inside the Sample Edit Screen....in order to see the Discard Option
By xlylax Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:12 pm
when playing in song mode, if you leave song mode while a sequence is still playing......

A. the song does not keep on playing and the song stays on the sequence playing.
B. if you try to go back into song mode either nothing happens or it puts back on the main screen.

this should be an option to play song mode and still be able to get into other menu options (X Y FX for instance) and have the song keep on progressing through the sequences.
Also, you should be able to leave song mode and go back into song mode without the song having to stop.

I can make a vid explaining what I mean if necessary. :popcorn:

Please let me know if that makes sense.

Thank you,

--xlylax