MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By nicolasbulb Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:04 am
Hey, I've been trying to clean datas on my computer and I was wondering, if all my expansions are already exported into my SSD of my MPC Live, can I safely delete all the Expansions inside my users Desktop folder? I don't use the MPC software Desktop alone? Will my expansions on my SSD be accessible on my Desktop as well when the Live is connected?

I could gain some substantial datas here.

Thanks.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:40 am
If you delete them on your computer they will not longer be available in controller mode. Although perhaps there could be a way of setting up some kind of symbolic link to your MPC Live disk so the MPC was routed to the expansions folder on your MPC Live. However, if you don't use the MPC Software, then it doesn't really matter.
By nicolasbulb Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:48 pm
Hi thanks for you reply. Ok I've tested a little bit further. A Symbolic link of the "Expansions" folder from the external drive installed in the MPC live is working but only for viewing. It's not working to install new expansion. You have to first recreate the official "Expansions" folder in order for the MPC software to recognize it and then install the new expansions and export them to the Live. Then you can delete that folder and replace the "Expansions" symbolic folder. It's a bit quirky but it works fine and I was able to save many Gb on my computer hard disk. Hope it will helps some users as well.