MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Fanu Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:09 pm
Frisbi wrote:Anyway it looks like PDC is coming soon so lets wait and see.

Where is this indicated? Been missing since 2012. Only heard it's being worked on / on the roadmap…for a while now, and "worked on" doesn't mean much TBH.
Bymember04959388 Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:28 pm
Fanu wrote:

Where is this indicated? Been missing since 2012. Only heard it's being worked on / on the roadmap…for a while now, and "worked on" doesn't mean much TBH.

Well Dan on GS said its coming soon but not on 2.4, this is the last time I read him talking about that.
Since 2.4 is done, I imagine it will come on 2.5 but actually I don't exactly know what soon means for Akai.
Same for disc streaming.
Bymember04959388 Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:45 pm
Fanu wrote:

This is from Gearslut, written by the product manager of Akai in reply to Yorgos post.

4 weeks ago

Originally Posted by Yorgos Arabatzis
If Disk streaming is implemented i’m ditching my Mac for my DJ gigs and I’ll go solely with MPC Live..A whole new world and market will open up after this!AKAI has an ace up their sleeves!Hope they’ll figure this out soon before the competition..Most essential requests IMHO in no specific order:
1)Disk Streaming
2)Multi Midi Mode
3)Automation Lanes
4)More & better quality FX with the addition of sub grouping (Multiband Comp,sidechain,Stereo Reverb,True Peak Limiter etc.)
5)High Quality Warping
6)PDC

After that we have a classic one!

Dan reply:
I said to someone else, but this is literally our 2019 to do list, and the list is (almost) in order, even
By Fanu Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:53 pm
Frisbi wrote:1)Disk Streaming
2)Multi Midi Mode
3)Automation Lanes
4)More & better quality FX with the addition of sub grouping (Multiband Comp,sidechain,Stereo Reverb,True Peak Limiter etc.)
5)High Quality Warping
6)PDC

Dan reply:
I said to someone else, but this is literally our 2019 to do list, and the list is (almost) in order, even

Let's hope they'll all happen. I, for one, would love to see all those happen and Akai reclaim the throne of the sampler king. Not saying they're bad now; it's just, some updates are badly needed before the MPC is the 5-star product.
Also – and this is not a negative comment – it's good to understand that to-do list does not guarantee things will happen fast.
E.g., look at how long it took Elektron to do Overbridge, which still isn't fully done. That Elektron case was also a good example why you shouldn't promise things before they're fully done…it'll result in an internet sh*tstorm when it starts to take some time.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:56 pm
Frisbi wrote:This is from Gearslut, written by the product manager of Akai in reply to Yorgos post.

4 weeks ago

Originally Posted by Yorgos Arabatzis
If Disk streaming is implemented i’m ditching my Mac for my DJ gigs and I’ll go solely with MPC Live..A whole new world and market will open up after this!AKAI has an ace up their sleeves!Hope they’ll figure this out soon before the competition..Most essential requests IMHO in no specific order:
1)Disk Streaming
2)Multi Midi Mode
3)Automation Lanes
5)High Quality Warping
6)PDC

Dan reply:

Even after all that is incorporated, people will still complain about not having a mouse and external monitor. :lol: :lol: :lol: 2.5 will have mouse, monitor, and USB 3 speeds over USB 2 ports. :lol: :lol:
By Bezo Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:30 pm
Frisbi wrote:...Dan reply:
I remember that post as it renewed my enthusiasm for my Live. I'm curious about the order as #4, FX have been delivered. With the exception of high quality warping, these are all near necessities for me. Add VCA tracks (assuming multi midi mode will include support for multi-output plugins like Dan hoped) and I wouldn't have to leave MPC software to finish a track.
Bymember04959388 Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:10 pm
Fanu wrote:
Frisbi wrote:1)Disk Streaming
2)Multi Midi Mode
3)Automation Lanes
5)High Quality Warping
6)PDC

Dan reply:

Let's hope they'll all happen. I, for one, would love to see all those happen and Akai reclaim the throne of the sampler king. Not saying they're bad now; it's just, some updates are badly needed before the MPC is the 5-star product.
Also – and this is not a negative comment – it's good to understand that to-do list does not guarantee things will happen fast.
E.g., look at how long it took Elektron to do Overbridge, which still isn't fully done. That Elektron case was also a good example why you shouldn't promise things before they're fully done…it'll result in an internet sh*tstorm when it starts to take some time.

Be sure they will be delivered.
In more then a year I read GS forum, everytime the product manager chimes in and says something, it happens. Akai took this strategy, to say the truth after some years ago there was a mess against them.
So if Akai officially says this, it's this.
We will have those features in 2019, but we are still in February.
Personally I am quite satisfied, after last updates. I don't need disc streaming or multimidi, I don't use external gears anymore and i don't use audio tracks.
But maybe one day, who knows. So they will be welcomed.
Bymember04959388 Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:01 pm
Rcmusic35 wrote:2.5 will Have Splice integration. I'm not interested in this but i can understand others could. I Hope 2.5 will bring more things than Splice only, and bug fixes. Andy said it's coming soon, i let you debate what "soon" is ;-)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VG9Xh473Eg?t=1084

Oh this Splice thing doesn't really excite me at all.
I can understand some people will like that, but I don't like to use ready made samples and loops at all.
Let's hope for some more interesting features and bug fixes, Hype implementation, automation lanes and so on.
By Danoc Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:49 am
I agree. Splice is a waste of time. I have a hardware of sounds on my drive. I have access to it without being online.
Bymember04959388 Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:48 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Splice is a money/user exchange for Akai. Basically Splice is paying for access Akai existing fan base. They need more installs and active users.

Well who cares?
After 2.4 we just miss a better automation control, a disc streaming for Hype, Hype and multimidi.
Then Mpc Live will be a classic.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:04 pm
Frisbi wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:Splice is a money/user exchange for Akai. Basically Splice is paying for access Akai existing fan base. They need more installs and active users.

Well who cares?
After 2.4 we just miss a better automation control, a disc streaming for Hype, Hype and multimidi.
Then Mpc Live will be a classic.

I for one do not use Splice, however Splice is good for Akai because it increases their cash flow. Which means more money for software development aka UPDATES. The moment you stop getting updates, is the moment it's not profitable to the company.

So who should care? Everyone with a new machines, that get consistent updates. So like it or not, everyone with these machines are benefiting from theses, other forms of partnership income. :nod:

Also, the machine is not a classic. The classic is the music. If you can't make good music from the first version of the OS. No matter what version is out, 2.4, 2.5 or 4.0, it won't help. :smoker:
By Danoc Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:44 pm

Watup man how you beeeez? LOL

man they got me working hard and lm loving it.

For me splice is not worth it. But others use it and l don't knock them. I have splice already , its called OMNISPHERE 2.5 LOL l have 160 banks and each bank goes from 110 to 250 presets. Im about to purchase 160 more banks of a total of 320 banks. Im blowing that baby out. I takes sounds as a one shot bring it to the Akai live and make melodies. That ish is hot! Im having so much fun its against the law lol