MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:38 pm
Unreallystic wrote:For shows, the long term plan is just two Forces, and the DJ-505 (possibly truncated to just a mixer depending on where things go).

Can you cascade two Akai Forces together and expand them to 128 pads, 4 inputs, 8 outputs and 9 cv/gate?
By Unreallystic Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:59 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Unreallystic wrote:For shows, the long term plan is just two Forces, and the DJ-505 (possibly truncated to just a mixer depending on where things go).

Can you cascade two Akai Forces together and expand them to 128 pads, 4 inputs, 8 outputs and 9 cv/gate?

Not that I know of.
- Unreall
By Unreallystic Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:09 pm
Lampdog wrote:Tabletop sucks. Sample Tank sucks.

BM 2/3 treated me right so I stayed with that.

Audiobus gave me the option to route apps audio/effects into BM. I loved it, worked great. Magellan effects are great to me so I'd route for example Moog Model D audio -> Magellan effects -> Beatmaker 3 and it worked perfectly. Magellan is a synth app that also has effects boxes and can be used in Audiobus as an effects box only if you choose because standard BM2 effects sucked.

FInal Touch mastering effects are **** great!

Tabletop does suck, but I couldn't quickly wrap my head around BM2/3 frankly, and feel the most at home with iMPC Pro 2, but it's performance when using AUs *i.e. crashing* leaves a lot to be desired, but it by far has had the easiest workflow with the best results for me.

*Redacted - I talk too much, no friends deep into music anymore blah blah blah*
- Unreall
By Lampdog Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:06 pm
It took me a while to get a workflow going with BM. Usually changing up forces me to create different. Most times shit is just a diff type of good so I just keep it moving. Had some friends using impc and pro, I never liked it. But, use whatever will get you where you wanna go.
By Unreallystic Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:18 pm
Lampdog wrote:It took me a while to get a workflow going with BM. Usually changing up forces me to create different. Most times **** is just a diff type of good so I just keep it moving. Had some friends using impc and pro, I never liked it. But, use whatever will get you where you wanna go.

Oh yeah, I think its healthy to do that, its why even though I don't actively use Reason anymore, I'm still in the Reason FB groups and plan on upgrading to 11 when that finally happens (I only own 7 - pre-VST capabilities). The problem comes into play with time, how much time are you willing to dedicate to something to get proficient enough with it for it to be an alternative workflow. If I can't pick it up and get *somewhere*, I typically am "done" with it. With the MPC Live - without significant manual reading, I could get "somewhere". I still don't have the Force manual, but I've already done some damage on there. On the iPad, most likely I discriminate even quicker - I don't even remember my time with BeatMaker 2, that was supposed to be the future when I got it and that was about a month before 3 came out. It looked great, sounded great, I bought it, turned it on, and got NO WHERE. I feel like I tried it again recently, and just went straight back to iMPC. Now that I am getting more comfortable with the the Live though and we have 2.3, I've just stopped bringing either iPad with me and just pull out the Live.
- Unreall
By Unreallystic Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:26 pm
Question for Recording the live raw output of the MPC Live.

I am still prepping for cruise *yay*. Anyways, I am bringing a couple cameras for video purposes and want to be able to record my raw master out from the MPC Live, to sync up later for a couple/few videos. I own the Handy H2n and was planning on using that for recording audio, but was wondering if anyone has used their phone for this purpose. I was planning on buying a TRRS cable for Instagram clips in hopes of being less "bootleg" ( https://www.instagram.com/p/BvhQAbaBXaL ... _copy_link as an example) but am unsure how well the phone would work for say a two hour recording session, Anyone have experience with this?
- Unreall
Bymember04959388 Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:53 pm
I just bought a Kaoss pad mini 2, cheap, light, you can sample in real time between a Mpc project and the other or use it as a wav player to fill the gaps. Then it has very interesting grain fx and loopers to connect to a Mpc output.
Highly recommended
By dazastah Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:59 pm
Someone Mentioned previously about using a portable field recorder .. (i have a zoom h5) all runs on batteries..
If your not creating your own keygroups you should.. its can be pretty much used like a custom wavetable synth and you can make some wacky odd sounding synths out of samples..(sample the the ship alarms / horns / doors / drunk people screaming and yelling like idiots.) and make keygroups out of it.. You will laugh with enjoyment knowing you sampled randoms on a cruise ship and turned them into bangers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: