MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC Newbie 3D Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:55 am
Hi,

I just bought a MOD Live second hand and the factory content(Vault 2.0 etc.) is missing from the internal drive/ card (not sure what it is!)

Is there anyway to reinstall it? I know I could run it off of another drive but I'd really like to get it back to factory new condition so that all the folders on the browser match up.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
By MPC-Tutor Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:24 pm
The only way to get factory content back on the Live/X '[internal]' drive is to open it up, remove the micro SD card off the mainboard, connect the SD to a computer that can read Linux format and drag the content back on it. Not recommended.

The best alternative is to simply copy the content to any 'attached disk, be it USB, SD card or internal SATA drive (if you added one). Download the original content from your Akai account, install into the MPC Software, connect your MPC via USB, enter controller mode, in the software go to File > Export > Expansion etc.
By Bedboy Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:40 pm
When I originally bought my MPC Live, I deleted all of the factory content off of the internal memory. This unfortunately started created issues in the form of a visually skipping sequencer and a frequently unresponsive screen. I contacted Akai, and they eventually responded by sending me a link to a downloadable file that was to be put on an external sd card (with at least 16gb of free storage) and then loaded into my Live. I did this, and my Live took about 15-20 minutes to boot up, and then my factory content was restored and I no longer had any of the described issues.

I no longer have the download link, but I encourage people to contact Akai’s support, cuz there is most definitely a way to get your factory content back onto the internal drive.
By stylesforfree Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:48 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:The only way to get factory content back on the Live/X '[internal]' drive is to open it up, remove the micro SD card off the mainboard, connect the SD to a computer that can read Linux format and drag the content back on it. Not recommended.

The best alternative is to simply copy the content to any 'attached disk, be it USB, SD card or internal SATA drive (if you added one). Download the original content from your Akai account, install into the MPC Software, connect your MPC via USB, enter controller mode, in the software go to File > Export > Expansion etc.

Wrong.

Akai sent me the folder containing the data file that copies all original factory content and settings onto the MPC X and restores it back to its "out the box" factory state.
All you need to do is copy the folder onto an SD card and put it in your MPC X or Live while its switched off then turn it on and it copies the original factory files and settings onto the MPC.

If anyone wants said folder then you can download it here. Xxxxxxx

If anyone wants the email forwarded to them with the link to the folder that i received from the senior tech member Nicholas DelSesto then let me know.

Time to make this issue a sticky with a direct link to the folder that will fix everyone's problem instead of feeding them misinformation.
By Bedboy Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:10 am
stylesforfree wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:The only way to get factory content back on the Live/X '[internal]' drive is to open it up, remove the micro SD card off the mainboard, connect the SD to a computer that can read Linux format and drag the content back on it. Not recommended.

Wrong.

Akai sent me the folder containing the data file that copies all original factory content and settings onto the MPC X and restores it back to its "out the box" factory state.
All you need to do is copy the folder onto an SD card and put it in your MPC X or Live while its switched off then turn it on and it copies the original factory files and settings onto the MPC.

If anyone wants said folder then you can download it here. Xxxxx

If anyone wants the email forwarded to them with the link to the folder that i received from the senior tech member Nicholas DelSesto then let me know.

Time to make this issue a sticky with a direct link to the folder that will fix everyone's problem instead of feeding them misinformation.

I don't think this fix is common knowledge. For the longest time, Akai representatives have explained on message boards that the only fix was the one MPC-Tutor described above. I imagine that a lot of people weren't satisfied with only accessing the factory content off of an external drive, so they created this file to fix that issue. Based on my continuous internet research, I'm pretty sure it's a recent development.
By stylesforfree Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:52 pm
Bedboy wrote: I don't think this fix is common knowledge. For the longest time, Akai representatives have explained on message boards that the only fix was the one MPC-Tutor described above. I imagine that a lot of people weren't satisfied with only accessing the factory content off of an external drive, so they created this file to fix that issue. Based on my continuous internet research, I'm pretty sure it's a recent development.

You are correct, its not common knowledge and it may have been a recent development.

Even though they are pointless and add nothing to the solution on the original OP's situation, I do not dispute either of these statements.

The fact is that there is a fix and any other opinion on the matter is now void.
By justineastwick Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:07 am
stylesforfree wrote:

Wrong.

If anyone wants said folder then you can download it here. Xxxxx

Dumb question: will this fix my user template issue as well?
By MPC-Tutor Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:32 am
stylesforfree wrote:Time to make this issue a sticky with a direct link to the folder that will fix everyone's problem instead of feeding them misinformation.

No one is 'feeding misinformation'. This is the first time anyone has publicly revealed this 'secret' factory content installer, Akai have never stated that such a thing existed. So thank you for sharing it, but the attitude is not required.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:47 am
Btw, I don't think Akai are going to be happy with us sharing a download link to the entire 8Gb factory library, it's copyrighted and only for registered owners, others have to pay separately for it.

I've removed the link; instead I suggest people who need it should contact Akai directly to request it.
By DeaDeus Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:28 am
It is OK to remove the link to "keep your nose clean".
But there are easy ways to copy the valuable samples if somebody is really interested to misuse the copy right protected content.
- Nevertheless, AKAI must give us a customer friendly option to reset the complete system to factory standard - e.g. we would like to sell the MPC in best possible shape - or if something is going wrong (including user and system issues)
By 35cribas Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:43 am
Hello, I have this problem. I need the operating system of akai live. I have been cordial for a long time because of that problem. I hope you help me send the email? [email protected] thanks
By 35cribas Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:27 am
35cribas wrote:Hello, I have this problem. I need the operating system of akai live. I have been cordial for a long time because of that problem. I hope you help me send the email? [email protected] thanks

hello thanks to the user who sent me the factory content of akai mpc live now would have to pass it to a micro sd of 16 formatiada? I read above what had to be the linux operating system to drag the content that I sent to a micro sd ?? help please perish the language that is akai mpc is linux? Thank you
By 35cribas Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:29 am

Is linux pass the content? to the micro sd of 16 gb what kind of formatting? to the card greetings
By r4nd0m Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:48 pm
35cribas wrote:

Is linux pass the content? to the micro sd of 16 gb what kind of formatting? to the card greetings