MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Caustic Yoda Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:46 am
Just a handy tip incase anyone has old mpcs around they arent using but updated to a live/x. I have my mpc 2500 connected to the live via midi as a 2nd set of pads that can access a different bank so 2 banks of pads at hand, im a finger drummer so this is super handy and minimal setup required just make a midi track on 2500/1000 and everything is already mapped ready to go, works great, ive tested with a few mpds also and all good, mpc studio and element dont work which is a pain, i would like to try and hack some sort of multi mode via this setup, will start messing with keygroups and stuff see where it gets me. just thought i would put this out there incase useful for anyone else and if anyone else has tips to ad on the subject
By Caustic Yoda Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:49 am
if you put the live/x on 16 levels you can still play the selected pad banks from the 2500 un affected by 16 levels while the live is on 16 levels, multi mode hack#1, if i can get this working with keygroups next we will be getting close
By Caustic Yoda Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:29 pm
For sure just might take me awhile before i get it done, i will explain it easier, just plug midi cable from mpc 2500 midi out1 to mpc live midi in1, on 2500 select midi track instead of drum, select midi output 1a then good to go