MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bezo Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:05 pm
I am attempting to use MPC as a plugin in Logic and have MPC sequences trigger VIs on Instrument Tracks in Logic Pro X, but I'm not getting any MIDI signal on the Logic tracks.

I've matched MIDI channels on the MPC & Logic tracks. Are there any other settings I should be concerned about?
By Bezo Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:42 pm
no moroon wrote:Hey there,

I think that doesn´t work when running mpc in plugin mode (I wish i would!!!)

My workaround: Logic and MPC in standalone mode and using IAC driver to get midi data to logic

really not happy with that

cheers
Ha! I was just coming to update this with that info.

I'm happiER as it provides features I've been missing in the MPC software, but definitely not ideal. I'm still setting things up, so i haven't put it to full use yet. I'm hoping my CPU can handle both softwares running at once. I don't really work in stand alone, but do you know if the IAC Driver works with that?

Funny, one of the main reasons I'm doing this - MPC's lack of multi-output plugin support - I'm now having trouble with it in Logic via Komplete Kontrol's multi-output. I remember this working fine with Kontakt :oops: :? .