MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bra10 Mon May 13, 2019 6:45 am
GoddamnSam wrote:I've been interested in using my live with my octatrack.

Does anyone have experience using program changes in the mpc to send program changes to the octatrack ?? ( to change patterns on the OT)

I believe it's only done in list editor of I'm not mistaken

I use my Live with the Rytm and A4. ProgChg is done sending Midi Messages. But unfortunetaly the Elektron machines always answer one bar later. I would assume that the OT behaves the same way.
By Scott Righteous Fri May 24, 2019 2:53 am
This looks nice, for a small unit you can pack with gigs of backing tracks, or 8 bar bits you can trigger from the MPC Live. There are a number of things about the MPC live that disappoint me, but having an SSD you can't stream from has to be top of the list. That one thing would open up a lot of possibilities for people.

https://1010music.com/product/blackbox
By Cockdiesel Fri May 24, 2019 3:51 am
Live goes good with the older samplers. Props to the dudes rocking the 950 and eps with it. Used a few samplers with the live since I had it. Some mesh well and others don’t. I have had the live and asr-10 and for my use it’s perfect. I can get some vibey resampling if I want but I also like to have keyboard patches on it and work with it as my master keyboard. Nice effects too. It’s a whole differnt experience being able to track out synths into it, plus taking parts of keygroups and tweaking them more.

It doesn’t sample but the analog heat is the perfect companion to the live and the asr.
Bymember04959388 Fri May 24, 2019 1:27 pm
Mpc Live with a KP3+ here, it's not properly a sampler but it can be used like that, 4 slots to sample on the fly and add some fx on the fly.
So I route out from Mpc to KP3 through 5\6 outputs and use KP3 as a bonus.
Very good to sample this way, fast and reliable, but fx are so so.
By 40Beatz Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:50 pm
MPC 4000 into the Live/X