MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lee Jones Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:27 pm
Hi Guys
I wonder if someone could solve this for me.
I have a bunch of samples in a drum program, I have another drum program with some 808 sounds in it, kick clap hat etc.
Now, describing this will be hard than just showing someone but i'll try.
I have a nice house stab in my samples program which starts with the sequence, then when I unmute the 808 kick for some reason the stab lowers in volume. They do not share any sent effects. and are on different programs. Also lets say ive introduced the clap, all of this via track mute, when I introduce the kick again the clap or anything else they all get quieter. when I turn off the kick they get louder. This hasn't happened to me before. As I said earlier there are no compressors or side chain effects at all yet.
Any clues please its driving me nuts.
Thanks
Lee
By quietizkept Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:32 pm
What are you listening with? I'm wondering about like the whole audio chain. Some consumer audio equipment has built-in volume compression, which is definitely just like what you're describing. Any off chance you left a compressor in your template? I often use the high pass on my compressor because the kick or 808 or both together can trigger the compressor and squash the rest.
By robleighton22 Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:50 pm
I also have experienced similar issues. At the moment I have a hi hat that is quiet for 4 bars and then almost doubles in volume in the 4 bars. No automation or velocity editing. So weird.