MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Crumb$ Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:32 am
I don't think anyones gonna reply to this but I'll give it a go anyhow...

I've got access to an old Roland keyboard from the early 90's. It's an E-70. It's one of those do-it-all arranger keyboards for a one man entertainer kind of thing. It has some nice electric piano, and organ sounds that I want to multisample.

The thing is, the sounds I want can only be accessed by midi program change. It's one of those where 128 sounds can be accessed via the panel controls, and another 128 only via midi. So, I hooked up the MPC, and can get the sounds I want....hitting the pads plays notes all the way up, but... ...there seems to be some very heavy modulation going on. Or at least I think thats what it is. The Roland doesn't have much effects capability. It's got a pitch bend and mod stick, some reverb and chorus, but I couldn't make it sound this weird by itself.

I'm not very experienced with MIDI. Could this be some weird clash? The options on the Roland are fairly basic. And the MPC is a new project setting.

I'm not holding out much hope that anyone can help me here, but thought it worth a shot. :smoker:
By DeaDeus Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:28 am
...strange machine with a strange midi implementation :-)
- Look here for the fixed MIDI channel implementation - maybe this gives you a clue: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... mentation/
- A general reset of the E-70 is done by holding the "write" button while switching the machine on.
- if the E-70 cannot prohibit unwanted MIDI signals going in or out, use a MIDI Filter Box - best is with dip-switches (e.g. MIDITECH MIDI Thru 4 / Filter) - to stop unwanted midi signals being transmitted