MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jcovert Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:35 am
Hi all. I'm super bummed to find out MPC Software doesn't support having a Loop beginning point located BEFORE the Start time. It's a lazy trick maybe, but I literally use it ALL the time with drum loops on the 2000xl.

I'm asking this of serious hip hop heads, and dudes who chop loops like it's their job:

What's the easiest way in actual practice to work with a loop that requires you catch the backend of the previous loop? I know I could do surgery in an audio app. I know I could record the loop out to a file and re-import it. But there has to be an easier way that doesn't kill the flow.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

- J
By Caustic Yoda Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:33 am
yeah this is something i usually trigger manually due to not being able to sequence it, the horn players i work with always start before beginning of loop, the sample offset amounts let you get it close but still never feels right unless triggered by hand for these type