MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:25 pm
I predict Akai will Develop an All-In-One Device that will Merge the MPC/Force/Midi Keyboard Controller. Kinda Like the Open Labs Keyboards. It'll have Motorized Faders, A Gang of I/O's, type of Hub. Running its own Akai Operating System.
And... Have True WiFi/Bluetooth Sound Support. Connecting the Live/X/Force Wirelessly...IN REAL TIME. With MPC 4.0 Software.

Mark my Words lol
Bymember04959388 Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:44 pm
40Beatz wrote:I predict Akai will Develop an All-In-One Device that will Merge the MPC/Force/Midi Keyboard Controller. Kinda Like the Open Labs Keyboards. It'll have Motorized Faders, A Gang of I/O's, type of Hub. Running its own Akai Operating System.
And... Have True WiFi/Bluetooth Sound Support. Connecting the Live/X/Force Wirelessly...IN REAL TIME. With MPC 4.0 Software.

Mark my Words lol

Yes Mpc and Force will merge for sure.
Mpc Live and X were the reintroduction of classic Mpc in the modern Daw world.
Force is the developing of that idea.
So Force will be the developing of this new Mpc generation.
I am still not sure about a keyboard attached to it, there are plenty of Akai usb keyboards for that and they will want to sell them
By Eyalc Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:56 pm
I don't see Force as a maturation or continuation of the development of the MPC. The APC came out years ago and never approached a merge point with the MPC. I think the Force is a separate offering and will stay that way.

And to be honest, if they did decide to merge them, it'd be the most puzzling move I've seen from a company in a long time, especially if it meant doing away with the traditional 16 pad form factor. 16 pads and a sequencer is the foundation of the brand. Just look at all of the products that have come and gone from the Akai line up. But the MPC has always remained consistent. If they merged them and only had a 48 pad form factor, I'd be done with Akai, and I think a lot of other people would be too.
By Wormhelmet Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:52 am
If they were smart, they would keep working on MPC and Force software updates and bug fixes and release a new keyboard that had a good analog filter section, wavetable, virtual analog, and FM synthesis and was 100% easy to use with Force and MPC as a sound module and controller keyboard. Then they could release a new product for all the shows and keep Force and MPC users happy a few more years. No built in sequencer on the keyboard - meant to use MPC or Force sequencer.
By Eyalc Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:31 pm
32 pads still wouldn’t interest me. I think it might if I used an MPC for live performances though. But then I’d want 64. Lol

I just think the impact to the brand would be bad if they did away with the foundation. I’d rather see a keyboard too, but an MPC inside.

Other than their obvious parts dumps every couple of years disguised as new products (ahem, anyone bought that brand new 88 key controller??? :lol: ), which I think the Force was too btw, I don’t see them moving away from the 16 pad foundation any time soon. Or maybe I’m hoping not. Leave the onstage Andy-special clip launching stuff in the APC / Force form factor, and leave the composition and songwriting to the MPC.
By Lampdog Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:53 pm
Eyalc wrote:I’d rather see a keyboard too, but an MPC inside.

This is a midi controller but IF it were an MPC X + Kybd sexy styled like this I would stand up and take notice.

By 40Beatz Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:14 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Eyalc wrote:I’d rather see a keyboard too, but an MPC inside.

This is a midi controller but IF it were an MPC X + Kybd sexy styled like this I would stand up and take notice.

Maybe Add Two Touch Screens. And True Bluetooth Track/Media Sharing between devices! :worthy:
By CharlesRandolph Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:33 pm
In music owns Denon DJ. Give me a re working of the PRIME 4 layout for the MPC X. Mind you the price for the below piece is 1700 US. That's only 300 dollars more than the Akai Force. There is enough space in this format, to give us more Pads, Knobs, Faders, Inputs, outputs and more.

Dimensions: 28.7 x 19.6 x 4.1(W x D x H)
Weight 21.3 lb / 9.7 kg
Does not need a computer

Denon DJ Prime 4

MCX8000 ($1,299.00)
By Unreallystic Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:14 pm
so with what they are investing into the current infrastructure of the MPC line, I'd expect at LEAST one of (3) things to happen

1. We are going to live with the (3) (Live/X/Force) devices for a while
2. They will release updated versions of the hardware, that will include a spec-jump and one "game changing feature" - my assumption would be the horse-power and sign-off on popular VSTs
3. Additional devices added to the line that use the same or similar principles, but implemented differently.

For #3, I would not be surprised to see a MPK249 styled keyboard series. They would essential hamfist the Force into a MPK - providing a more traditional keyboard production setup, that would be useful to people who don't like to pad-sample, or who gig with a band. Steal the format of Roland's FA-0# Series, where they have 16 pads that aren't used for triggering, but more for clip launching & looping, but give them MPC style-pads.

Heck, remove the center of the MPK249, replace with the Live screen and Q-Links, Transform the faders to multiple knobs (endless push encoders) allowing instant access to the volume/mute and maybe the sends of (16) channels. Throw OLEDs on the (4) -Links to reduce guess work.

And I'm not saying they will do that, but its possible to release something of that ilk, with fewer risk, thanks to the established systems and designs they already have.
- Unreall