MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Caustic Yoda Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:05 pm
Hi there
I see lots of talk about exporting tracks, exploding tracks etc, the age old problem of how to track out your compositions to multitrack daw for mixing.
For this my method works well and you get exactly what you hear not so for other methods
To start run y our daw and mpc software/controller mode at same time, if on mac install sound flower virtual audio driver, on pc there are more options, i use reaper daw and virtual audio driver rea-route.
In your daw select MPC Live/X as your audio driver, in MPC software select Rea-Route or soundflower as your audio driver (you may have to configure for 32 outs)
Arm tracks 1-32 in your daw as pairs or mono tracks upto you (1-2 should at least be stereo) if you run your seq or play anything on your mpc you will be coming thru in 1-2 and you can press reord on your daw to capture it, great, now if you go to pad mixer and select the used pads in your song send each to its own output, now you can record live from your mpc to multitrack daw, use any daw fx on the inputs and pdc will work too, sidechain etc.
this method also doesnt need the sequencer running to be recording so for finger drumming capturing a live performance of a beat with drop outs sequencer start and stops is all possible.
hope this is useful for you, i might make a video one day if to hard to follow
Bymember04959388 Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:41 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:This is routing the MPC Software into another DAW. Would've been nice if you could route, 32 tracks of audio out over USB in stand alone. :nod:

Yes exactly what I was thinking.
I mean, we have more usb ports on Mpc, is it so difficult to route the Mpc tracks through them?
And top of the top, why not making possible that any Mpc track can be recorded as an audio track on sata Hd in standalone?
I think there is the technology for that, and it would be very very handful.
Thanks so much anyway mr. Yoda for the tip, I am also looking for a similar solution.
By Caustic Yoda Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:46 pm
ah yes cheers,unfortunately controller mode only, should really be possible in standalone or like the digitakt/overbridge software has a realtime multitrack capture option so dont even need a daw running just plug in usb choose tracks to capture and press record. hopefully thy will update what the usb ports can do in 2.5, still no midi feedback for controller lights etc, still lots to do for akai
Bymember04959388 Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:19 pm
Caustic Yoda wrote:ah yes cheers,unfortunately controller mode only, should really be possible in standalone or like the digitakt/overbridge software has a realtime multitrack capture option so dont even need a daw running just plug in usb choose tracks to capture and press record. hopefully thy will update what the usb ports can do in 2.5, still no midi feedback for controller lights etc, still lots to do for akai

Ah really? So with Overbridge I can just connect with Usb and record everything I play in real time into different tracks?
That should be the goal for Akai.
And yes, I love the sound of Mpc, especially with new effects, but I agree Akai has still a lot of work to do with OS, there are many possibilities but maybe just a 10 per cent is been developed
Bymember04959388 Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:17 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:1. Over USB should send, at the least 16 tracks of Audio.
2. Support external audio interfaces to expand the inputs and outputs.
3. Work just like the AKAI Fire and you can link multiple MPC's together.

For me recording any Mpc.track to a different audio track on HD would be enough.
Then you connect the HD to a computer and make the final mix.
16 should be enough
By CharlesRandolph Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:23 am
Frisbi wrote:For me recording any Mpc.track to a different audio track on HD would be enough.
Then you connect the HD to a computer and make the final mix.
16 should be enough

Yes, more improvements to the mixer capability of the machine, would go along way for many different workflows. I would love to sync up an control surface to an MPC and use the fader, pans, and effects.
By Caustic Yoda Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:13 am
Yep proper control surface would be great, ive been using akai midi mix with knob mod to make them usable, good for faders and knob midi learn function but missing midi feedback so a more advanced control surface with motorized faders wouldnt work i dont think till they can fix that or ad mcu longshot, its getting there slowly, yep overbridge just usb the digitakt to pc hit record/capture for tracks you want and thats it, its alot more seamless than akai software connecting to pc is slow clunky and gotta change modes, none of that business with digitakt, plug it in yoink it out whenever it doesnt matter still keeps playing
By TornadoTed Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:00 am
I am gutted they didn't add an ADAT port like the 5000 and the 4000 via an option board. Nearly all modern audio interfaces have an ADAT port, mine is lying empty. Hopefully we will be able to use a USB audio interface one day like minidsp USB Streamer B or even RME Digiface to add ADAT i/o.

Maybe AKAI could make one even along with a USB MIDI interface.
By Caustic Yoda Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:23 am
not sure on midi but should be easy to test, not even sure how the mpc handles midi after it failed on multi-mode ins i havent gone back to using midi with it, i can send multiplte midi outs so in theory
By dj felix Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:25 pm
it would be a dream for me if mpc could record audio and mid directly on my daw as maschine do, i would like to record everything i do directly on my daw's sequencer..without having to export, maybe this is the most important function for me