MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
Bymember04959388 Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:47 pm
40Beatz wrote:Warp sounds the same to me...Good for like Two Semitones +/-

So is it a joke or what?
New warp algorithm or not?
Who gives a **** about Splice?
It looks like a weak update.
Does it mean Mpc is going to be done soon?
By Eyalc Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:06 pm
Frisbi wrote:

So is it a joke or what?

Splice is meh. Not something I've ever used, and not going to now.

Looks like the new warp algorithm isn't a creativity tool, rather it's simply to allow sample previews to be played back at sequencer tempo. A bit misleading to use the words "new warp algorithm", if it's something I can't actually use to be creative.

Not worth its own point release IMO - should have been in 2.4.
By hansjbs Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:15 pm
The good news is they're still working on it and actually adding features that was on that list/roadmap from GS forum so I'm happy with that.
By 40Beatz Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:42 pm
Frisbi wrote:

So is it a joke or what?

I don't think its a New Warp Algorithm introduced. Its just the Warp Feature while Auditioning samples in the Browser. Im not sure on the Software side of things tho. I guess if we need better Warping, we'll have to use the Software to Warp.

In My Eyes The MPC X/Live Are Complete Monsters! It may be on its final leg as far as Updates. Maybe One More Good One...And That's it. Im completely satisfied with MPC X. Coming from the Old School...Workarounds are 2nd Nature as far as Features!
Bymember04959388 Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:36 pm
Mmm it looks like it's not over yet, according to Dan, Akai product manager on GS. He says we are far from the end of Mpc development and usually when he says something its true.
So there are still things to implement.
One was this Splice, some will like it, I really don't care about it.
Then it seems they are working on disk streaming and multi midi. And that's fine even if I can easily live without them.
Then Mpc should have the 3.0 OS which is already on Force and the Hype synth.
I think this 2.5 was put out in a rush because of Force, so Force users that mostly work with clips can download clips and forget that Force is still not even at the beginning of the development.
So hopefully there will be more Mpc updates with crucial features this year.
let's see.
By Danoc Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:01 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And then Spliced your nuts :shock: lol
Bymember04959388 Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:18 pm
Danoc wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

And then Spliced your nuts :shock: lol

Ah ah
Splice your clips out bro
By MPC-Tutor Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:43 am
Splice integration is just Wi-Fi syncing with the Splice servers to grab your existing library, I dont understand why they didnt just go the while hog and offer Wi-Fi syncing with all major cloud providers, its just hooking into their existing APIs, same tech and completely free. And why not Wi-Fi syncing with your computer? iMpc?
By hansjbs Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:09 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Splice integration is just Wi-Fi syncing with the Splice servers to grab your existing library, I dont understand why they didnt just go the while hog and offer Wi-Fi syncing with all major cloud providers, its just hooking into their existing APIs, same tech and completely free. And why not Wi-Fi syncing with your computer? iMpc?

That’s true I thought the same but I can also be because splice wanted first dibs. Definitely a business thing and hopefully the rest will come later.
By psoul Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:44 am
they updated the manual with this too
that was basically what i would love to see, end of hope
nukai