MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:20 pm
https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJn ... enter.html

History shows....Akai Drops a New Product Every 3yrs or so. Looks like we're at the A$$ End of the MPC Live/X Lifespan lol. The Force Came out to Help Transition a New Product to come out....

Just my 02¢
By Danoc Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:22 pm
Dammmm lol

If they do drop it l will use it for drums only. In standalone mode, export, effects, drum sound design etc. I won't use the software.
By hansjbs Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:35 pm
It doesn't mean the live, x are obsolete. People still buy mpc 60s and 3000s. Ren, studio and touch are still supported so I don't understand the whole akai drops a new product soon or mpc x and live are at their ends. Are people just buying new shiny toys every couple years just to have the latest?
By 40Beatz Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:07 pm
hansjbs wrote:It doesn't mean the live, x are obsolete. People still buy mpc 60s and 3000s. Ren, studio and touch are still supported so I don't understand the whole akai drops a new product soon or mpc x and live are at their ends. Are people just buying new shiny toys every couple years just to have the latest?

1st lemme get this out the way....Your name looks like HandJobs for some reason hahahaha....My bad lol :worthy: :worthy:

Ok back to the subject...
You're Completely Correct. MPC Live/X will be around for generations. But as far as any Updates....It looks like it'll be Pooping out soon. Maybe One More Update!
Bymember04959388 Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:21 pm
40Beatz wrote:
hansjbs wrote:It doesn't mean the live, x are obsolete. People still buy mpc 60s and 3000s. Ren, studio and touch are still supported so I don't understand the whole akai drops a new product soon or mpc x and live are at their ends. Are people just buying new shiny toys every couple years just to have the latest?

1st lemme get this out the way....Your name looks like HandJobs for some reason hahahaha....My bad lol :worthy: :worthy:

You're Completely Correct. MPC Live/X will be around for generations. But as far as any Updates....It looks like it'll be Pooping out soon. Maybe One More Update!

Maybe 2 or 3 in my opinion.
Then Akai said it should join same 3.0 OS of Force.
So maybe at least this year it will be supported, but anyway even if they discontinue, the OS should be upgradable.
But let's see.
By Danoc Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:13 am
l'm hoping we can get to 3.0 lm dying to see what they will add.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:26 am
They won't drop support or updates for the LIVE/X anytime soon, because it's still married to the MPC Software and works as a controller. Which gives it a longer shelf life. I.E. TOUCH/REN

Once the MPC Software add features that the LIVE/X can'T do and until the LIVE/X is no longer available for purchase in stores, that's when you start to write it off.
By Danoc Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:39 am
Its great everyone has an opinion but you can't blame people if they are skeptical based on Akai's history.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:05 am
Danoc wrote:Its great everyone has an opinion but you can't blame people if they are skeptical based on Akai's history.

Yeah, but adding Splice to MPC LIVE/X extended it's life. I can see Black and Ren, being moved to the retired section since they don't have Splice Integration. It's all about following the money.
By hansjbs Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:41 am
40Beatz wrote:

I get that a lot :Sigh: . my name is Hans and JB are initials of my last name. The S was because that hansjb was taken when creating an email years ago so I just added an S for what reason I can't remember.
By optik415 Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:00 pm

I just bought a custom made MPC 1000 and I have a Live. Do I need the newest machine every other year NO :lol:
By jpeg Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:36 pm
Danoc wrote:l'm hoping we can get to 3.0 lm dying to see what they will add.

what makes u think they will stop supporting live and X when the latest updates still support the touch and recent updates also has some support for the ren and studio.

also given that what ever new machine comes out will be a touch screen and likely running the same o/s i would suggest that u can expect many more updates for mpc live yet to come.

but from my simple cave man perspective mpc live is pretty darn good; my only requests would be to make the folder structure browse-able when the live is connected to the pc so I can delete all those generic sounds that i dont need or want.

plus allowing us to delete that crap will give us options for installing hype (or is it hybrid) rompler or any other new rompler.

but far as what else akai can add? that mixer screen from the force for one thing.

i still say the built in filters are crap, and i would hope they can model the mpc 3000 filter and and give us that by default.

standalone vst support they need to crack that cos that is the holy grail really, but obviously subject to disk space.

also streaming from hard disk is another option.
By Danoc Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:16 pm
Never said they would completely stop support, I said I hope they don't knowing Akai's history. I would love to see them keep giving updates for our new machines. :smoker:

jpeg wrote:
Danoc wrote:l'm hoping we can get to 3.0 lm dying to see what they will add.

what makes u think they will stop supporting live and X when the latest updates still support the touch and recent updates also has some support for the ren and studio.

also given that what ever new machine comes out will be a touch screen and likely running the same o/s i would suggest that u can expect many more updates for mpc live yet to come.

but from my simple cave man perspective mpc live is pretty darn good; my only requests would be to make the folder structure browse-able when the live is connected to the pc so I can delete all those generic sounds that i dont need or want.

plus allowing us to delete that **** will give us options for installing hype (or is it hybrid) rompler or any other new rompler.

but far as what else akai can add? that mixer screen from the force for one thing.

i still say the built in filters are ****, and i would hope they can model the mpc 3000 filter and and give us that by default.

standalone vst support they need to crack that cos that is the holy grail really, but obviously subject to disk space.

also streaming from hard disk is another option.
By Danoc Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:38 am
Certified Beatz wrote:Danoc reason 10.3 is out

Yeah l know. Plus Studio One 4.1 is now out. I think they are working in cahoots cause they be droppin at the same time with their up dates lol

S1V4 is off the chain gotta get that first. Do you know what Reason added with 10.3?