MPC X & MPC Live Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X & MPC Live, Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
User avatar
By Danoc Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:08 pm
Frisbi wrote:
Yeah and hopefully more interesting features ahead


Exactly!
By tiger001 Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:40 am
Fugazi Jones wrote:anyone know how this sync/warp tempo in audition works?

It mentions that the file itself needs to have an imbedded tempo, how do we know that?

any loops that im playing in the audition browser do not appear to be syncing or warping in anyway


i would love to know too/more

how can you embed tempo info in/on your samples you make with the MPC ?

(i think SONY acid & Steinberg wavelab can)

looks/sounds like AKAI has implemented something they can't get working by themselves...
User avatar
By mr_debauch Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:35 am
this update looks pretty trash. I don't really want any subscription service **** installed on my machine. Any samples they have can **** right off as far as i am concerned.
User avatar
By zangetsu01 Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:17 am
I think that we should cut them some slack.. We can't expect a heavy update everytime.. At least they seem commited and also Dan has confirmed the roadmap for 2019 and it looks good.
User avatar
By mr_debauch Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:11 am
zangetsu01 wrote:I think that we should cut them some slack.. We can't expect a heavy update everytime.. At least they seem commited and also Dan has confirmed the roadmap for 2019 and it looks good.



i agree .. what i mean is ... 2.4 seems better because it DOESN'T have the stuff in 2.5. I didn't upgrade, but the issue is, now down the road when they implement stuff that we really need, we will be stuck with the 2.5 stuff as well.
By Frisbi Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:48 am
mr_debauch wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:I think that we should cut them some slack.. We can't expect a heavy update everytime.. At least they seem commited and also Dan has confirmed the roadmap for 2019 and it looks good.



i agree .. what i mean is ... 2.4 seems better because it DOESN'T have the stuff in 2.5. I didn't upgrade, but the issue is, now down the road when they implement stuff that we really need, we will be stuck with the 2.5 stuff as well.

There are some.good bug fixes.
Qlink mode can be switched holding qlink button again.
Qlinks show right values on qlink page.
And mostly the glitches when switching modes looks like they have gone.
You can update to 2.5 and skip Splice.
By Eyalc Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:58 pm
Regarding future development, you have to be careful with these guys - history shows that. You have to ask very specific questions that can't be dodged or intentionally kept vague. Yeah they say there is a roadmap of features - but did anyone clarify that they will be implemented in THIS standalone generation? Remember, that's what happened to the Ren owners not more than 2 years ago. Sure the features made it to the software, but if you want to use it, you need a new standalone. Nothing wrong with that, just saying though - be careful how you interpret their claims about their development roadmap. For years these guys had a reputation of misleading, false truths (MPC 3000 circuitry) and abandoning half-baked products (turntable, 5000, headphones, rhythm wolf). Am I the only one here that was around for all of that??? LOL

I don't care what they say is coming, I still think we're closer to end of life for this standalone platform than not. And history shows that's how things generally go. If they have a new culture now, awesome. I'll gladly be wrong.
User avatar
By EnochLight Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:20 pm
Eyalc wrote:I don't care what they say is coming, I still think we're closer to end of life for this standalone platform than not. And history shows that's how things generally go. If they have a new culture now, awesome. I'll gladly be wrong.


Well, the MPC Live literally came to market roughly 2 years ago, so if history is anything to go by, we have at least another year or so before the Live is EOL'd anyway. I'm pretty sure the Touch was just EOL'd though (Sweetwater in the US no longer sells it), but that's likely because the Live proved more popular than they expected. So the Touch, being released a little over 2 & 1/2 years ago, if it truly has been EOL'd, made it that far. I'd expect the Live to make it further.

But even if the Live is EOL'd, it will work just fine with whatever version of the firmware it ends with, and in controller mode it will likely continue to work with future version of the MPC Software indefinitely, barring no extreme touch interface changes.
User avatar
By zangetsu01 Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:46 am
Eyalc wrote:Regarding future development, you have to be careful with these guys - history shows that. You have to ask very specific questions that can't be dodged or intentionally kept vague. Yeah they say there is a roadmap of features - but did anyone clarify that they will be implemented in THIS standalone generation? Remember, that's what happened to the Ren owners not more than 2 years ago. Sure the features made it to the software, but if you want to use it, you need a new standalone. Nothing wrong with that, just saying though - be careful how you interpret their claims about their development roadmap. For years these guys had a reputation of misleading, false truths (MPC 3000 circuitry) and abandoning half-baked products (turntable, 5000, headphones, rhythm wolf). Am I the only one here that was around for all of that??? LOL

I don't care what they say is coming, I still think we're closer to end of life for this standalone platform than not. And history shows that's how things generally go. If they have a new culture now, awesome. I'll gladly be wrong.


Yes you are right,

I was around when they said 2.0 would drop within a year, When they said the same software that's on the computer is also in the MPC, When they released the Rythem Wolf, And also scratched my head with the release of software 1.97 and evrything below..

But they've done a lot to improve that image, they are on the right track to restore my love for Akai. Right now for me the biggest thing missing is automation lanes and automation on the sub and master busses.
By Certified Beatz Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:48 am
Listen why complain you guys have to think with time there always new product so what.. just be happy you don't own Maschine controller still inching along on bug fixes and no new ideas..
By Frisbi Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:52 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:Listen why complain you guys have to think with time there always new product so what.. just be happy you don't own Maschine controller still inching along on bug fixes and no new ideas..

Yeah come on Akai is working right now and 2.3 and 2.4 really put the Mpc as a higher level with synths and fx and 2.5 crushed some annoying bugs.
I have the feeling there will be more this year and Dan on GS is working good.
So lets give trust to Akai.
By wende Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:52 pm
installed 2.5.... 20 minutes ago had one crash (only going from main page to the menu page by button pressing)....my project is filled with 4 samples no efx no extra midi input or something special , ....and the song mode bug is still there (jumping from one sequence to the overnext sequence) .......... :?
By wende Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:42 pm
wende wrote:installed 2.5.... 20 minutes ago had one crash (only going from main page to the menu page by button pressing)....my project is filled with 4 samples no efx no extra midi input or something special , ....and the song mode bug is still there (jumping from one sequence to the overnext sequence) .......... :?

another user found out the jumping is only with activated ableton link .....deactivate is a workaround but not ideal......but what i reallly wanna know is what is akai thinking this bug is since 2.4 and song mode is really a major function in the mpc..... :vomit: happy splicing i would say