MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Jody Jamz Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:07 pm
Hi,

Just noticed that my MPC X has the input level of R channel higher than L on input 3/4. I have tried this with multiple audio interfaces trough PC and I've also swapped the channels on audio interface to confirm the issue is on MPC:s end.

I can get them sort of equal level by turning the 3/4 REC gain to max position, which is weird.

Anyone else having similiar issues, or is my unit possibily a faulty one? Im using the newest 2.5. firmware

Thanks,
By Jody Jamz Mon May 06, 2019 11:09 am
Can anyone replicate the issue?

If someone can simply feed an equal stereo signal to the 3/4 input of MPC X or Live and see if the reg gain changes the levels, would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my demonstration video that I also sent to akai: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egqvSFk42vQ

They suspected that my unit is possibly a faulty one, I'm having my fingers crossed it is not a typefault :WTF:
By 40Beatz Mon May 06, 2019 1:37 pm
To tell you the truth, I think mine is like that on my Live also. Not real bad, but I can see it in my Meters
By Jody Jamz Thu May 09, 2019 4:26 pm
Received my replacement unit today and It is unfortunately behaving the exact same. I'm also bummed that none of the Akai reps didn't bother to test this out when they received my first inquiry on the matter. :x

For a "professional" unit with this price point, this is simply unacceptable behavior.
I'm guessing they saved money on the pots or did not bother to calibrate / test them.
I know you can sort of go round the problem by manually setting the gains for 1 and 2 for each channel and adjusting the volume from the computer / turntable, but that does not go with my workflow.

At this point I am hoping to get my money back and spend it on something more reliable :cry: