MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:09 pm
That was my point. Not some color done to it. It was a better sequencer than the Boss DR5 was.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Danoc wrote:I came from a Boss DR5 to the MPC 2000 and l was inspired. Then got the 2000XL and was inspired even more, grey and all. :-)

That's because you were the inspiration not some inanimate object. We make the machine do what we want it to do. We play the instrument. It does not play us. :smoker:
By Danoc Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:15 pm
Dammm man you got a pic if it lol
Yo l kid you not that thing was the hardest to quantize on. But that's where l learned hiw to be on time.
Bot when l got that 2000XL the sequencing was ssswwweeeettt!
Lampdog wrote:
I remember a friend bought one of these but didn't know anything about drum machines. I told him it's a beast and I proved it by making what I would describe as a HARD ASS slow remake of Planet Rock and he was sold after that. Back when we could just concentrate on one piece of gear, beats were just better because we PULLED the techniques out that somebish.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:09 pm
Danoc wrote:That was my point. Not some color done to it. It was a better sequencer than the Boss DR5 was.

The DR5 was horrible. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's why we used to sample it into the MPC 3000 or push via MIDI. I have the sample files around here somewhere. If you want them I'll put them up on Beat Camp!

I should've kept that MPC 3000 and painted it gold with glitter painted pads. :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:31 pm
Okay added those DR5'S to the Beat Camp (Rompler Folder)

Here you go @DANOC a purple DR 5, so you can make those Prince beats.
By Eyalc Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:25 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Okay added those DR5'S to the Beat Camp (Rompler Folder)

But does it come with The Revolution or New Power Generation drum kits?
By Danoc Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:35 am
Hey man don't kill the DR5 like that lol :lol:
It helped me. My boyz had the 3000 and 60ll but it wasn't mine and at that time l could afford tha DR5 lol

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Danoc wrote:That was my point. Not some color done to it. It was a better sequencer than the Boss DR5 was.

The DR5 was horrible. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's why we used to sample it into the MPC 3000 or push via MIDI. I have the sample files around here somewhere. If you want them I'll put them up on Beat Camp!

I should've kept that MPC 3000 and painted it gold with glitter painted pads. :lol:
By Danoc Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:37 am
Dam it lol why did l have to open my big ass mouth :lol: :lol:

CharlesRandolph wrote:Okay added those DR5'S to the Beat Camp (Rompler Folder)

By Danoc Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:39 am
Eyalc now you know dang well it don't lol it only had its internal drums. :lol:

Eyalc wrote:
By Eyalc Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:58 am
Danoc wrote:Eyalc now you know dang well it don't lol it only had its internal drums. :lol:

Eyalc wrote:

Haha.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:43 am
Eyalc wrote:But does it come with The Revolution or New Power Generation drum kits?

No but it does come with The Time and Vanity 6 sample pack.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:02 am
Danoc wrote:Hey man don't kill the DR5 like that lol :lol:
It helped me. My boyz had the 3000 and 60ll but it wasn't mine and at that time l could afford tha DR5 lol
LOL. Well the drums are on beat camping. I'm going to call Morris and Jimmy Jam so they can rock out.
By Danoc Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:31 am
@CharlesRandolph
:lol: :lol: