MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Eyalc Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:27 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Customer: It does look kinda of hot and it matches my new Uptempo's

Nah man, that's not what they would say... they'd say...

Customer: THIS IS A GAME CHANGER!!!! It's going to make my sampling so much easier, and my songs are gonna come out HOT!!! Akai is killing the game right now!!!! First this, now Splice "integration". Game changer!!!! And it looks kinda hot and it matches my new Uptempos.

Sorry, just some Friday sarcasm and humor. LOL
By CharlesRandolph Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:11 pm
Eyalc wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:Customer: It does look kinda of hot and it matches my new Uptempo's

Nah man, that's not what they would say... they'd say...

Customer: THIS IS A GAME CHANGER!!!! It's going to make my sampling so much easier, and my songs are gonna come out HOT!!! Akai is killing the game right now!!!! First this, now Splice "integration". Game changer!!!! And it looks kinda hot and it matches my new Uptempos.

Don't forget those EXTRA BANGING 6 Outputs with the SSL and MPC 3000 sounds. :lol:
By Danoc Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:00 pm
:worthy: :lol: what are you smokin lol

Eyalc wrote:Nah man, that's not what they would say... they'd say...

By Lampdog Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:06 pm
Unreallystic wrote:Its not really new, it was on sale during Black Friday last year.

Trump Edition
By CharlesRandolph Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:34 am
Unreallystic wrote:Its not really new, it was on sale during Black Friday last year.

I want a blood red MPC Live pretty bad...
- Unreall

You may have to order a skin.
By inflict3 Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:00 pm
Lampdog wrote:

Trump Edition

Yea, that thing looks like trash, they shoulda added the white comb over hair to the top of that shit to finish it off. Lol
By Lampdog Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:18 pm
Would the gold rub off after some months/years?
By Bezo Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:45 pm
I thought that was ugly as hell when it dropped. Saw a YT vid and changed my mind, not that I would get one. Some red pads on the gold would probably be cool. Probably too out there either way to not get old, quick.

If MPC Stuff had matching red jog wheel & textured q-link knobs, or the textured silver q-link knobs, I'd customize with those. Maybe some red, white or gray pads.
By Lampdog Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:44 pm
I'd rather have medium to dark scheme.
By Unreallystic Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:57 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:

I want a blood red MPC Live pretty bad...
- Unreall

You may have to order a skin.

Yeah I don't like my options. I can order a skin, which I don't trust to hold up, or I can paint my MPC like I did my Push 1, and THAT didn't hold up, as travel wore the corners down so that the black came through. Most likely in the near future I'll end up just taking the MPC apart and painting it as realistically, I'm not selling it, and I'm proud of the wear and tear my Live has gotten - it means I've been putting in work with it. The other delay is I want to put a design on there and haven't figured out how to illustrate what I want to do effectively (Giant Squid). Dunno, we'll see. I hate my MPC looking like everyone else's.
- Unreall