MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Rodney d Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:37 pm
Just got my new Mpcx and I want to put a ssd inside the storage slot inside the unit. Which brand do you recommend and can I save my beats as well as all expansions to the new ssd??

Thanks
By EnochLight Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:39 pm
Rodney d wrote:Just got my new Mpcx and I want to put a ssd inside the storage slot inside the unit. Which brand do you recommend and can I save my beats as well as all expansions to the new ssd??

Thanks

"Best" is subjective. Any top tier quality SSD will work. I slapped a 1 TB Samsung 860 EVO in my Live and it purrs like a kitten. Plenty of room to store anything I need, it's fast, and gets the job done. There's plenty of other options depending on your price point.
By r4nd0m Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:54 pm
for me its not subjective - its about reliability - spinning disks are way more reliable and have a longer longjevity but ssds require less power - from personal experience having had SanDisk, Crucial, Samsung, WD, Kingston - for me Samsungs have performed better and longer ... though I went for a smaller one before I recently upgraded to a Samsung MZ-76E500B and can't complain about its performance but I still backup to spinning disks that I keep as backup ...
By EnochLight Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:22 pm
r4nd0m wrote:for me its not subjective - its about reliability - spinning disks are way more reliable and have a longer longjevity

:Sigh: :WTF:

Um... not sure what planet you live on, but on Earth - SSD's easily outlast mechanical hard drives - especially on a mobile device that gets thrown around like the MPC Live.

@OP: stay away from mechanical hard drives for the Live. As for reliability, do some research for the average MTBF rates on the latest SSD's.... By subjective, I mean than everyone has their own preference for products/manufactures.
By EnochLight Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:31 pm
kaydigi wrote:The mechanical drive also drains the LIVE's battery quickly.

That too. :?